Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaBigMotor View Post
    And this is from nj.com:

This is a TERIBLLE configuration. Sightlines from hell. And it appears the corners of the endzones will be in the stands. If THIS is how they're going to do it, my enthusiasm for this has been greatly dampened...
    It won't be too bad. It kinda makes sense in a way. All the seats past the infield are angled towards second base. This puts the 50 yd line at right about second base, so the views should be pretty good. It actually makes a little more sense than putting the field down the 3rd base line like I assumed they were going to.

Comment

Originally posted by jrh31584 View Post
      I'm assuming the gridiron will run from first base to left field.

Nope. It's from CF to home plate.

OYS demensions where much bigger. Which would explain why it football went from LF to first. That wouldn't work with the current demensions.
      Last edited by 80SHOCK; 07-21-2009, 06:23 AM.

Comment

I can see why Army would be interested in having its home game versus ND at NYS, but why in the world would Notre Dame give up a home game?? Notre Dame has a real football stadium that seats 80K and sells out.
        Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

Comment

Originally posted by The Korean View Post
          Giants and Jets should play pre-season game here.
          Id pay to see that. but with that new stadium they just got Its never gonna hapn:gt
          http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/g...6078886&ref=ts
          follow me on twitter
          https://twitter.com/reemowilliams

Comment

Originally posted by Bpt'sbiggestmetsfan1116 View Post
            i guess it depends...now if i sound like a fool for this i apologize b/c i dont know much about yankee history and such, but was that before they brought the fences in? im assuming that this picture is from before, so that is why the field fit...because the dimensions at NYS are the same as RYS correct? so unless that picture is from before they brought the fences in, there is no way they could have set it up the same way and have it fit...although i do agree that those are going to be pretty crappy sightlines for a football game...GO IRISH :gt:gt
            Before they bought the fences in??? It's years before the renovation!! Well, at least you apologized beforehand, and you can be excused for not knowing Yanks/Stadium history. And no, the dimensions now are not the same as they were, thats been a topic of debate here. The Yanks say that they are, but they're not. So, the football field would not fit in that configuration, and it looks like it doesn't fit too well from Home to CF either.
            Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen,and welcome to Yankee Stadium. Here are the lineups for todays game...

Comment

Giants Jets

I remember the Giants - Jets pre season game at the Stadium in 76 or 77 and the football field was right up against the left field wall. This was the renovated stadium, before the fences were brought in. I almost remember one of Yogi sons playing wide receiver for the Giants ! Does any one remember that also ? It's kinda sad when I think that had to be over thirty years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis2051 View Post
                It won't be too bad. It kinda makes sense in a way. All the seats past the infield are angled towards second base. This puts the 50 yd line at right about second base, so the views should be pretty good. It actually makes a little more sense than putting the field down the 3rd base line like I assumed they were going to.
                Even though the 50 yd line will be 30 yards from the stands?

Comment

Originally posted by Celerino Sanchez View Post
                  I remember the Giants - Jets pre season game at the Stadium in 76 or 77 and the football field was right up against the left field wall. This was the renovated stadium, before the fences were brought in. I almost remember one of Yogi sons playing wide receiver for the Giants ! Does any one remember that also ? It's kinda sad when I think that had to be over thirty years ago.
                  Yes, I remember the Jets tried to use RYS as leverage to get a better deal from the Mets. The Jets played some preseason games at RYS and they only drew like 10K for a game vs the Raiders. The football field did not fit well, and many box seats had bad sightlines. I think the Jets played exhibitions (term used back then) vs Giants, Raiders and Redskins. They even played a regular season game vs the Colts in Sept 1977 at Giants Stadium showing the Mets they were tired of the lease at Shea.

Comment

I dont think the renderings are totally accurate. if college football fields and end zones are the same length as NFL fields, the totall length of the field would be 320 feet. which means if they are setting it up between home plate and extending to center field, there should be around 80 feet of extra space.

If it is that set-up though, sitting in or on top of the center field sports bar looks like an awesome place to watch the game.

Comment

Originally posted by TinoM24 View Post
                      I dont think the renderings are totally accurate. if college football fields and end zones are the same length as NFL fields, the totall length of the field would be 320 feet. which means if they are setting it up between home plate and extending to center field, there should be around 80 feet of extra space.
                      It's 360 feet (120 yards, 100 yards between goal lines and 10 yards for each end zone.)
                      "Shake it off. That's part of the game, you know. Baseball, hotdogs, apple pie and a shot in the mask." - Bob Uecker.

Comment

I MUST get tickets to this game. Notre Dame Football at Yankee Stadium is a dream come true for me!

GO IRISH! :gt
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DrBear View Post
                          It's 360 feet (120 yards, 100 yards between goal lines and 10 yards for each end zone.)
                          right, my bad, I measured the end zones in feet instead of yards. so still, that leaves 40 feet of space between the end zones and the fences.

Comment

Just a clever excuse?

What about this possibility? Perhaps the Notre Dame-Army football game is at least partly an excuse for the Yankees to move the outfield fences back so that there would be enough room for the gridiron, and ALSO to create more reasonable outfield dimensions for baseball in right center field, so as to cut down on the flood of home runs. It would be a "graceful retreat" by the Yankees front office.

http://www.andrewclem.com/Archives/P...9/07/21ba.html

Comment

Originally posted by AC/DC2005 View Post
                              What about this possibility? Perhaps the Notre Dame-Army football game is at least partly an excuse for the Yankees to move the outfield fences back so that there would be enough room for the gridiron, and ALSO to create more reasonable outfield dimensions for baseball in right center field, so as to cut down on the flood of home runs. It would be a "graceful retreat" by the Yankees front office.

http://www.andrewclem.com/Archives/P...9/07/21ba.html
                              Yeah, that would be a good way for everyone involved to save face.
                              2001 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by KCGHOST View Post
                                I can see why Army would be interested in having its home game versus ND at NYS, but why in the world would Notre Dame give up a home game?? Notre Dame has a real football stadium that seats 80K and sells out.
                                Because NBC has the contract to televise ND home games.

Considering ND is not a projected top 25 team and Army has not been on the radar from a national perspective for a long time, it will give NBC an opportunity to hype the nostalgic aspect of this game which would have a limited national TV audience even though South Bend would have been sold out.

NBC has an exclusive contract to televise ND home games through the 2010 season. The five year extension was signed in 2003.

It also gives ND a positive buzz for future recruitment.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X