Seat and Wall Color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat and Wall Color

All this talk about the teal seats, or lack thereof, in the new Marlins ballpark has got me thinking about other parks that seem to have the wrong color of seats. What other ballparks do you think would be improved with different colored seats?

I think the worst one is Great American Ballpark. The shade of red they used is already turning pink after five years, and it just doesn't look as nice in pictures as the darker shade of red they used at Busch stadium with black armrests to mute the whole effect of all that red. Busch Stadium pulls off the red seats much better than Great American, although any shade of red is much better than the green they originally proposed.

I really wasn't a fan of Citi Field having green seats when a blue team plays there at first, and the lack of Mets blue in the stadium is a little sad, but I like how the overall effect looks in real life, with the black wall with the orange home run line and the dark green seats. It looks much better than the royal blue wall with green seats they were proposing originally. I just wish they would get rid of the brick backstop, that's getting so overdone. What are everyone else's thoughts?

1997 2003
    Parks I've visited: 30 for 30, plus 5 closed

I always thought that Target Field should have had blue seats.

I think black seats would be cool in parks like PNC and US Cellular. But, that might not work. I wonder if black would fade to easily or get too hot to sit in.

Comment

Citi needs the old Shea seat colors, at least blue and orange if not green and red also. Apparently the Citi seats are Polo Grounds Green.
      Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen,and welcome to Yankee Stadium. Here are the lineups for todays game...

Comment

Originally posted by mdseverin View Post
        I always thought that Target Field should have had blue seats.

I think black seats would be cool in parks like PNC and US Cellular. But, that might not work. I wonder if black would fade to easily or get too hot to sit in.
        When aerial pics of OYS were posted after the seats were removed, someone mentioned that this is how the stadium would have looked with black/gray seats.

I thought that it looked pretty cool myself.

I agree with the black seats at PNC and U.S. Cellular.
        I prefer the look of the Cell with the dark seats compared to the old blue ones any day.
        The same goes for the walls, dugouts and ironwork in the outfield and around the top of the park. It just fits with the team’s colors.

Target Field really should have had blue seats like this color

Comment

Originally posted by Philtration View Post
          When aerial pics of OYS were posted after the seats were removed, someone mentioned that this is how the stadium would have looked with black/gray seats.

I thought that it looked pretty cool myself.

I agree with the black seats at PNC and U.S. Cellular.
          I prefer the look of the Cell with the dark seats compared to the old blue ones any day.
          The same goes for the walls, dugouts and ironwork in the outfield and around the top of the park. It just fits with the team’s colors.

Target Field really should have had blue seats like this color
          I think TF would have looked good with most of the seats blue, but the middle level red, sort of like shea or dodger stadium.

Comment

I think Miller Park has too much green in the ballpark and what is the brewers colors? Blue!!! Not Green. The Roof is Green, The Seats are Green, The Grass Is Green, it does not feel like the home of the Milwaukee Brewers it feels like the home of the Green Bay Packers. I think Miller Park would look and feel like the Brewers if they replace the Green Seats with Brewers Blue Seats.
            Or they should use the seat colors from Old Milwaukee County Stadium Blue Red & Green
            Attached Files

Comment

Ballparks, Stadiums, & Green Diamonds Died In '08

Comment

That actually looks nice, with the orange seats and blue wall at Citi Field. I would change these ballparks' seat colors:

I wonder how black seats would look. I don't think they would be much hotter than dark green or dark blue, but would the overall effect be too dark? I like how dark green looks with teams that have lots of black in their logos, like the Orioles, Giants, Astros and White Sox, and PNC is so beautiful that the blue just works. The A's and Mariners both have significant green in their logos, so green there is fine by me. The Cubs and Red Sox both have every right to use classic ballpark green, and the Red Sox at least have the grandstand in red and blue.

I'd say these parks have their seat colors right - Nationals, NYS, Turner, GABP, Busch, Petco, Dodger, AT&T, Coliseum, Safeco, Kaufmann, Minute Maid Cell, PNC, Fenway, Citizens' Bank, Camden, and maybe Coors. That's 18 parks that have it right. We're so used to seeing green everywhere that it's hard to imagine some parks without it. Picture Chase Field and Anaheim done up in red, or Miller in all blue. Maybe when it comes time to replace the seats in some of the new parks, there will be some color changes.

Anyone want to Photoshop some more ballpark seats?
                1997 2003

Comment

Originally posted by Milwaukee County Stadium View Post
                  I think Miller Park has too much green in the ballpark and what is the brewers colors? Blue!!! Not Green. The Roof is Green, The Seats are Green, The Grass Is Green, it does not feel like the home of the Milwaukee Brewers it feels like the home of the Green Bay Packers. I think Miller Park would look and feel like the Brewers if they replace the Green Seats with Brewers Blue Seats.
                  Or they should use the seat colors from Old Milwaukee County Stadium Blue Red & Green
                  It is possible the Miller Park was designed with the Brewers previous logo/uniform set, which featured significant amounts of both Blue and Green. Although I doubt this since the current set was debuted the year before the brewers moved to miller. Just some food for thought.

Comment

Miller Park opened up with green walls. At least they changed that part of it to blue. I think the choice of green seats there was more because of the trend in ballparks at the time, where green seats and red brick were the only way to go
                    1997 2003

Comment

Ballparks, Stadiums, & Green Diamonds Died In '08

Comment

Originally posted by The Monument View Post
                        Citi needs the old Shea seat colors, at least blue and orange if not green and red also..
                        No way. I like the way the green seats look. We could say they are Mezzanine green. I think the Shea seats were tacky, with the colors changing. The dark green looks nice considering what the place looks like. I don't think that orange would work with the whole feel of the place. Anyways... someone a while back, I forgot his name, put up a really good quality Photoshop job of what Citi would look like with orange, blue, green, and red seats. It was good for a laugh, but I would sure as hell be disappointed if Citi had that scheme again.

Comment

Originally posted by marlins739 View Post
                          Miller Park opened up with green walls. At least they changed that part of it to blue. I think the choice of green seats there was more because of the trend in ballparks at the time, where green seats and red brick were the only way to go
                          Miller Park's original walls were a very strange, very drab olive green-brownish color. I don't think I ever remember anything like it before or after. They've since changed to blue walls and frankly it looks a lot better.

Not a whole lot of pictures of Miller Park's original walls, but I did find at least a few where you can sort of make it out:

Last edited by PeteU; 07-28-2009, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Yeah, they were different to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis2051 View Post
                              I think TF would have looked good with most of the seats blue, but the middle level red, sort of like shea or dodger stadium.
                              I wonder how they come up wit the color schemes for the seats. There is nothing green about the Twins, and I wish they would have gone with blue.
                              "And the pitch bounced right side a base hit!! Here comes Gomez around third, there'll be no play!!! The Twins have won the Central!!!

sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X