Metro Bank Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metro Bank Park

So the Harrisburg Senators (Washington Nationals, AA) are currently performing a $45 millon renovation... They are totally gutting the entire park, and should have it read for next season.

Well, I live a 10 minute walk away, and I absolutely loved watching the Shea Demolition and Citi Field / Yankee Stadium construction process, so I'll be documenting the deconstruction / construction process as much as possible for you guys. I figure that alot of you would find it interesting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metro_B...ium_Renovation

I'm going out in a few minutes, so I'll get some shots then, and have them posted this evening.
    Ya Gotta Believe!

Yes, I'm a Flyers and Eagles fan, too.

Neat, keep us informed. I'm sure the team will love to have some additional press and someone cataloging the transformation, so you might even get in if you're prolific enough.
    http://www.virtualfenway.com

Comment

Originally posted by Sean O View Post
      Neat, keep us informed. I'm sure the team will love to have some additional press and someone cataloging the transformation, so you might even get in if you're prolific enough.
      Funny you should mention that, as I went there and talked to a worker and they let me inside on the boardwalk (the 360 concourse outfield spot) with no problems... They were even the ones who suggested it, and they told me not to go on the field "just yet," I think due to the fact that construction was active when I was there. Next time I'm there I'll talk to the head groundskeeper, who seemed very busy, and try to get permission to get on the field.

There got a good bit done, and I'll be posting pics as soon as they're uploaded to my photobucket.

EDIT: Here they are, sorry they're so small, they're from my phone. Also, I've yet to figure out how to get full sized images onto Flickr, I've just been a photobucket guy for years, so bare with me. The originals are much larger.

View from right-center field, the third base line bleachers are already gone.

Another little shot from the outfield, showing no bleachers, bleachers in the process of demolition, and the bleachers on the first base side (which are also soon to be eliminated).

The "box seats" from the first base side, just piled there, now.

I took a peak inside the future team offices.

As I said, I'll try to keep this updated weekly, sometimes more, sometimes less.
      Last edited by JeremyEye; 09-16-2009, 04:01 PM.
      Ya Gotta Believe!

Comment

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4264631...7622390443958/

Link to the rest of the pictures
        Ya Gotta Believe!

Comment

won't I be glad to see this place go. I think this is the one stadium I took the least amount of pictures of because it was so butt ugly.

I wouldn't mind so much if it wasn't on such a beautiful island. The problem is, they should move the whole damn thing so that you have so water views. How can you have a ballpark on a tiny little island with no water views?!

Eric
          President
          www.digitalballparks.com
          An online baseball stadium museum featuring over 10,000 photographs of ballparks from around the continent.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X