Proposed Wrigley Field Renovation/Makeover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mr. Laser Beam View Post
    They should never have signed that contract in the first place. The Cubs should be able to do whatever they want with the park. Those rooftop people really need to be taken down a peg. The team is suffering because of them.
    I can't tell if you're joking but one of the most profitable teams in the country doesn't appear to be suffering because of seats across the street from the stadium.

Currently Forbes has them as the 4 most valuable team at an estimated 1 Billion:
    http://www.forbes.com/mlb-valuations/list/
    The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chevy114 View Post
      I can't tell if you're joking but one of the most profitable teams in the country doesn't appear to be suffering because of seats across the street from the stadium.
      The Cubs aren't suffering because of the rooftop seats, they're suffering because they're stuck in a run-down, cramped, obsolete park that the OWNERS of those seats are trying to keep them from renovating and expanding. (To put it another way: If you were an All-Star-caliber player, would you want to play for the Cubs, in an environment like that?) That's the difference.
      It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Comment

The Cubs aren't suffering because of the rooftop seats, they're suffering because they're stuck in a run-down, cramped, obsolete park
        The Yankees did pretty well from 1996 on playing in a run-down, cramped obsolete park. What's the Cubs excuse again?
        I see great things in baseball. It's our game - the American game.
        - Walt Whitman

Comment

• Yankee Stadium in the 90's was a better ballpark than Wrigley is now. At least it wasn't falling apart, the clubhouse and the weight room weren't the size of a broom closet, and the batting cage wasn't under the bleachers.
          It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Comment

The Cubs aren't suffering because of the rooftop seats, they're suffering because they're stuck in a run-down, cramped, obsolete park that the OWNERS of those seats are trying to keep them from renovating and expanding. (To put it another way: If you were an All-Star-caliber player, would you want to play for the Cubs, in an environment like that?) That's the difference.
            They got Alou, Derrik lee, Matt Garza, and Carlos Pena in their prime to come there.
            The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Comment

• new, new, new, new, gotta have new! new! new!
              the mania continues...
              the turd in the punchbowl
              reality really sucks.
              enjoy the game more...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X