Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Proposed Yankee Stadium in Meadowlands

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Proposed Yankee Stadium in Meadowlands

    Anyone ever see this? Just saw this at SkyscraperCity.com


  • #2
    That's interesting. The stadium resembles NYS.

    Comment


    • #3
      very interesting. anyone have any info about this? i like the design a lot and the lighting structures. but the thought of the yankees playing that far away would suck soooooomuch

      Comment


      • #4
        When was that rendering produced? The color art looks like the 1990s.

        Comment


        • #5
          I don't know anything about it, someone at SkyscraperCity.com posted it in a thread for proposed stadiums not built. It looks like the site, ballpark and parking is on current site of that awful Xanadu Project. Also looks like it has a rail that goes from Yankee Stadium to the Izod Center, and to Giants Stadium.
          Last edited by Coach Bombay; 01-26-2010, 08:39 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Coach Bombay View Post
            I don't know anything about it, someone at SkyscraperCity.com posted it in a thread for proposed stadiums not built. It looks like the site, ballpark and parking is on current site of that awful Xanadu Project. Also looks like it has a rail that goes from Yankee Stadium to the Izod Center, and to Giants Stadium.
            Could you post the link to the original thread? I'm having trouble finding it. Thanks

            Comment


            • #7
              That looks a lot more like "Yankee Stadium" than NYS does.

              Too bad HOK went with their generic-shaped grandstand instead of the classic Yankee stadium-shaped grandstand in that rendering.
              I see great things in baseball. It's our game - the American game.
              - Walt Whitman

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Anubis2051 View Post
                Could you post the link to the original thread? I'm having trouble finding it. Thanks
                http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...263345&page=27

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Coach Bombay View Post
                  I don't know anything about it, someone at SkyscraperCity.com posted it in a thread for proposed stadiums not built. It looks like the site, ballpark and parking is on current site of that awful Xanadu Project. Also looks like it has a rail that goes from Yankee Stadium to the Izod Center, and to Giants Stadium.
                  The location in that picture may not be accurate. The drawing has YS north of the Arena, NE of the Giants Stadium.
                  Around 1987 or 1988, there were plans to build YS south of the arena and Giants Stadium.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Yankeefan3783 View Post
                    That's interesting. The stadium resembles NYS.
                    You're kidding, right?
                    RYS to NYS: "Obi-Lonn never told you what happened to your father."

                    NYS: "He told me enough. He told me you killed him - in the 1970s!!"

                    RYS: "No, I am your father..."

                    NYS: "No, it's not true, that's impossible!!!!"

                    RYS: "Look beyond my respirator pods and my upper crown; you know it to be true!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by mandrake View Post
                      The location in that picture may not be accurate. The drawing has YS north of the Arena, NE of the Giants Stadium.
                      Around 1987 or 1988, there were plans to build YS south of the arena and Giants Stadium.
                      Steinbrenner always threatened to move the team to NJ for a period during the 80's due to some issues with the city...personally it would have been great for me since I live 15 min away from the meadowlands, but they HAD STAY IN THE BRONX no question about it. Glad it never happened, but the design is really cool, wish there were other renderings of this
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        The talk of moving to Jersey continued into 1993. Governor Jim Florio was making a big push, even offering to guarantee 3.5 million in attendance. He was trying to lure the 76ers and Flyers to Camden. Then he lost in November 1993 and that was the end of both.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Coach Bombay View Post
                          Anyone ever see this? Just saw this at SkyscraperCity.com

                          Looks like Angel Stadium
                          Ballparks, Stadiums, & Green Diamonds Died In '08

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by baseballman1243 View Post
                            Looks like Angel Stadium
                            Anaheim stadium was designed and built by the dell webb co., he was part owner of the nyy when the project started.
                            the turd in the punchbowl
                            reality really sucks.
                            enjoy the game more...

                            Comment


                            • #15


                              Check out this proposed stadium for Sacramento. Looks a lot like the set up for Joe Robbie Stadium.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X