No announcement yet.

Worst parks you've seen a game in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This thread is all about opinion. I know some people that like the Cell and some who don't. The major leaguers I know who have played there didn't seem to like it much.

Polo Grounds I haven't read all of your post's. Of those I have read it seems that if any park at all replaces one of the historic ones you automatically dislike it. You seem to be too attached to them. I am a lover of their history also, but some of them needed to go when they did. You may not be that way, but that is how you come across.

Comment

• Originally posted by lollar View Post
      This thread is all about opinion. I know some people that like the Cell and some who don't. The major leaguers I know who have played there didn't seem to like it much.

Polo Grounds I haven't read all of your post's. Of those I have read it seems that if any park at all replaces one of the historic ones you automatically dislike it. You seem to be too attached to them. I am a lover of their history also, but some of them needed to go when they did. You may not be that way, but that is how you come across.
      Not the old comiskey park, it could have lasted years with proper maintance, again like i said i read my friends reports that he has on the old comiskey park and does work for a chicago newspaper so he got info that regular fans did not see.and no i dont like the newer ballparks.
      LONG LIVE THE POLO GROUNDS 1891-1964
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/POLOGROUNDS1962

Comment

• Originally posted by POLO GROUNDS 1957 View Post
        Not the old comiskey park, it could have lasted years with proper maintance, again like i said i read my friends reports that he has on the old comiskey park and does work for a chicago newspaper so he got info that regular fans did not see.and no i dont like the newer ballparks.

Form your own opinion, don't re-hash your friends opinion. You'll be alot better off.
        www.twitter.com/jasonrosko

Comment

• Originally posted by skobabe8 View Post
          Form your own opinion, don't re-hash your friends opinion. You'll be alot better off.
          My friend is a newspaper writer for one of the chicago papers. he covers the games and knows alot of people. so i will take his word about this topic over anyone elses.that is is job.

Comment

My friend is a newspaper writer for one of the chicago papers. he covers the games and knows alot of people. so i will take his word about this topic over anyone elses.that is is job.
            It's his job to have the right opinions?

Any structure can last for years, the question is whether or not that's a good thing. There was nothing interesting or unique about old Comiskey, unlike Ebbets or Fenway, and so regardless of its replacement it wasn't a horrible loss.

And it's not like much wonderful history took place there either like Yankee Stadium or the Boston Garden, It was just a place where 7 decades of bad baseball teams played.
            http://www.virtualfenway.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean O View Post
              It's his job to have the right opinions?

Any structure can last for years, the question is whether or not that's a good thing. There was nothing interesting or unique about old Comiskey, unlike Ebbets or Fenway, and so regardless of its replacement it wasn't a horrible loss.

And it's not like much wonderful history took place there either like Yankee Stadium or the Boston Garden, It was just a place where 7 decades of bad baseball teams played.
              Once again you do have the right to your opinion even since its wrong.

Comment

Once again you do have the right to your opinion even since its wrong.
                An opinion is just an opinion. Who are you or anybody to say an opinion is right or wrong? Don't knock people for having opinions that aren't the same as yours.

Now can we get back to discussing ballparks instead of knocking people for their opinions? It's like the 3rd grade in here.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by stlfan View Post
                  An opinion is just an opinion. Who are you or anybody to say an opinion is right or wrong? Don't knock people for having opinions that aren't the same as yours.

Now can we get back to discussing ballparks instead of knocking people for their opinions? It's like the 3rd grade in here.
                  Your are right in saying that everyone has the right to there own opinion even if its wrong or right but i do know that i am right about this. again i will take my friends word since he lives in the chicago area and does work for one of the newspapers there.and he has heard alot of positive things about the old comiskey park and has heard alot of negative things for fans about the current ballpark which does deserve to be near the top of this thread.

Comment

Your are right in saying that everyone has the right to there own opinion even if its wrong or right but i do know that i am right about this. again i will take my friends word since he lives in the chicago area and does work for one of the newspapers there.and he has heard alot of positive things about the old comiskey park and has heard alot of negative things for fans about the current ballpark which does deserve to be near the top of this thread.
                    The way you worded this makes it seem as though he never saw any games at the old ballpark.

Regardless, I think The Cell looks awesome, and any city would be lucky to have a ballpark that looks this nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by machinehead11 View Post
                      The way you worded this makes it seem as though he never saw any games at the old ballpark.

Regardless, I think The Cell looks awesome, and any city would be lucky to have a ballpark that looks this nice.
                      My friend who works for the chicago area newspaper saw many games at old comiskey park, Many games.

Comment

My friend who works for the chicago area newspaper saw many games at old comiskey park, Many games.
                        Alright, cool then. At least his opinion of Old Comiskey is valid then.

I have only seen pictures, and it's not without its charm. However, it wasn't the most visually-appealing park, especially from the exterior. The new ballpark, in my opinion, definitely has it beat in that regard.

The exploding scoreboard looked cool though.

Comment

• Originally posted by machinehead11 View Post
                          Alright, cool then. At least his opinion of Old Comiskey is valid then.

I have only seen pictures, and it's not without its charm. However, it wasn't the most visually-appealing park, especially from the exterior. The new ballpark, in my opinion, definitely has it beat in that regard.

The exploding scoreboard looked cool though.
                          And i also saw 13 games at old comiskey park. not bad from someone who lives in detroit.

Comment

Please ask your friend the following, I am in dire need of some guidance.

Old Busch Stadium or New Busch Stadium?
                            DH or no DH?
                            Baseball socks -- Pull em up high, or no socks at all with long pants?
                            Jersey Vests -- Good or bad?
                            Bleachers or Upper Deck?
                            Sacrifice or Swing Away?

Diet Coke or Diet Pepsi (this one is especially critical to my day to day existence)?
                            Boxers or Briefs?
                            Brittany S or Lindsay L?
                            Oprah or Dr. Phil?
                            Blondes or Brunettes? Oh, crap, there are redheads too....
                            Was new Coke a good idea?

I really need help with this stuff....

I have a journalism degree, and have covered Division I NCAA Sports. I was smart enough to get out of that (low paying) business. I do have a very good friend (he was in my wedding) who is the Sports Editor of a larger than average newspaper. While I value his opinion, I always form my own... and I never push his opinion on others....
                            "Herman Franks to Sal Yvars to Bobby Thomson. Ralph Branca to Bobby Thomson to Helen Rita... cue Russ Hodges."

Comment

• By definition, an opinion cannot be right or wrong. It's one's personal belief. Regardless of whose opinion it is. An expert chef can say that a meal is delicious, but I still may not like it. Am I wrong or incorrect? Some things are proveable facts (eg 1+1=2). The fact can be proven right or wrong, but if its your opinion that 1+1=7, thats your opinion.

Whether new comisky is great, ugly or somewhere inbetween, its not a fact that can be proven. It's completely subjective. Multiple opinions and sharing of information is what this of any other board is about. It makes for interesting reading and participation. But when "rights" and "wrongs" start getting thrown around it stops being interesting and detracts from the discussion.

The only ones with the power to turn their opinions into facts are judges...and umpires. But thats just my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by StanTheMan View Post
                                Please ask your friend the following, I am in dire need of some guidance.

Old Busch Stadium or New Busch Stadium?
                                DH or no DH?
                                Baseball socks -- Pull em up high, or no socks at all with long pants?
                                Jersey Vests -- Good or bad?
                                Bleachers or Upper Deck?
                                Sacrifice or Swing Away?

Diet Coke or Diet Pepsi (this one is especially critical to my day to day existence)?
                                Boxers or Briefs?
                                Brittany S or Lindsay L?
                                Oprah or Dr. Phil?
                                Blondes or Brunettes? Oh, crap, there are redheads too....
                                Was new Coke a good idea?

I really need help with this stuff....

I have a journalism degree, and have covered Division I NCAA Sports. I was smart enough to get out of that (low paying) business. I do have a very good friend (he was in my wedding) who is the Sports Editor of a larger than average newspaper. While I value his opinion, I always form my own... and I never push his opinion on others....
                                My friend lives in chicago and works for a local chicago newspaper so i will take his word any day since he had to go down to old comiskey park to cover games there.and he also has reports that normal baseball fans did not see that say that old comiskey park was not falling apart and could have lasted for more years.and again he has heard from alot of people saying that they dislike the current stadium.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X