Worst parks you've seen a game in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by spiderico View Post
    One of the original Olympic plans had baseball being played at Yankee Stadium. Here is a picture from a presentation that I believe was photoshoped. You can also see the colorized subway cars:
    when did they paint Yankee Stadium weird, freaky colors? I don't remember that

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmyjimjimz View Post
      when did they paint Yankee Stadium weird, freaky colors? I don't remember that
      Pretty sure it's just a photoshop job they used in a presentation.

Comment

• spiderico is correct, Yankee Stadium never had an external paint job like that. That's a presentation of how it would have been decorated had New York been awarded the Games.
        X

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
          spiderico is correct, Yankee Stadium never had an external paint job like that. That's a presentation of how it would have been decorated had New York been awarded the Games.
          Oh. So if NY got the games, they'd definately paint Yankee Stadium those freaky weird colors? Would they still build the new stadium if NY got the games?

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmyjimjimz View Post
            Oh. So if NY got the games, they'd definately paint Yankee Stadium those freaky weird colors? Would they still build the new stadium if NY got the games?
            It probably would've been vinyl banners. Or something like that giant flag that covered the Green Monster during last night's national anthem.
            StadiumPage.com
            Stadium Google Map

Comment

Please don't get me started on "Green Cathedrals." It lost all its credibility when the author blasted Comiskey II. "Instead of discussing what a monstrosity the new Comiskey Park is, let's talk about what the White Sox could have built." (paraphrased) And then there was a writeup of Armour Field, one of the proposed replacements for the original Comiskey.
              Just for the sake of accuracy, I saw a copy of Green Cathedrals while browsing through The Strand (a well-known second-hand NYC bookstore) yesterday, so I looked through it and realized my paraphrased quote was inaccurate.

Lowry actually wrote something along the lines of "Because New Comiskey is so similar to Royals Stadium, let's remember the old Comiskey." Which is stupid because if you want to remember the original, you go to the part of the book that discusses it!!!!!

The bit about Armour Field, 'what the Sox could have built,' wasn't made up, however... it was in a caption, not the body of the text as I had thought.

Can you find it in your heart to forgive me?

X

Comment

Just for the sake of accuracy, I saw a copy of Green Cathedrals while browsing through The Strand (a well-known second-hand NYC bookstore) yesterday, so I looked through it and realized my paraphrased quote was inaccurate.

Lowry actually wrote something along the lines of "Because New Comiskey is so similar to Royals Stadium, let's remember the old Comiskey." Which is stupid because if you want to remember the original, you go to the part of the book that discusses it!!!!!

The bit about Armour Field, 'what the Sox could have built,' wasn't made up, however... it was in a caption, not the body of the text as I had thought.

Only if you write on a blackboard 100 times, "I will never misquote a book about ballparks again."

Follow me on Facebook, or Twitter.

sigpic If you love your freedom, thank a vet...and this 10-year U.S. Army vet says, "You're welcome.".

Comment

Ten Our Seavers and five Hail Mookies, and all is forgiven, my son.

Comment

• I have not seen a game at a bad ballpark yet. Shea Stadium comes close, but I can understand the stadium's been through neglect from not renovating it. I've been there last year, and the stadium could have used some improvements. Next year, I may be able to attend a game at U.S. Cellular Field, and I'll see if I like it or not. It's not that bad of a stadium, on second thought.

Even if "The Cell" wasn't that good at first, it got some significant improvements over the past few years since U.S. Cellular got naming rights. I might go there for a game.

Comment

• My old man said the Polo Grounds was a pretty terrible place to watch a game, though he only saw a soccer match and NY Titans football game there. He specifically cited the obstructions and the distance from the playing field. Guess he did not have good seats.

Comment

• Originally posted by tdinan View Post
                        My old man said the Polo Grounds was a pretty terrible place to watch a game, though he only saw a soccer match and NY Titans football game there. He specifically cited the obstructions and the distance from the playing field. Guess he did not have good seats.
                        You'd think it would have fit those games better due to the shape.

Comment

• I went to two games at US Cellular this year and it still ranks as one of the worst parks I've been to. Yeah, the changes they made are an improvement aesthetically but as long as you have to enter the mile high upper deck from outside the park and arn't allowed to get to field level even before or after a game is inexcusible. I had to pay $36 dollars for a ticket that only gave me a third of the amnenities that someone paying the same price in the field level received. Not to mention, the place was filled with Sox fans (lol...jk...sort of).

Comment

• worst park

Worst that I've been to...

Exhibition Stadium - Toronto
                            Skydome - Toronto
                            Riverfront Stadium - Cincinnati
                            Whatever Cleveland's old stadium was called.

Worst that I believe...

Any of the astro turf fields of the 70's-early 90's.

I am a huge fan of the new facilities as well as the classic parks that offer an experience in itself even when there's no ballgame.

Wrigley, Fenway, Yankee Stadium, Pac Bell, Camden Yards, and all of the newer parks in Houston, San Diego, Detroit, and Seattle.
                            www.hurleybaseball.com

Comment

• Worst stadium that I've seen a game in by far:

Beehive Field - home of the Double A New Britain Red Sox

Their current stadium is now called New Britain Stadium. It's a much better facility. The team is now called the Rock Cats and is part of the Twins organization. Beehive Field is right next door and is used by New Britain high school.
                              Bats, they are sick. I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid. I ask Jobu to come, take fear from bats. I offer him cigar, and rum. He will come.

Comment

• These were pretty bad.

-
                                Attached Files

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X