No announcement yet.

Worst parks you've seen a game in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out of the MLB parks i've been to, Skydome is the worst.

The roof was closed, so that might have a lot to do with it though.

The loudest sound was the hum of the flourescent lights.

The second time I went there, I couldn't even see right field from the cheapo seat I bought.

But this stadium is still better than some of the Japanese ballparks I've been to.

The baseball parks here would make all the cookie cutters people are complainging about sound like heaven. For fear of lawsuits, the net isn't restricted only to the area behind home plate. It covers all foul territory and even parts of the areas between the foul poles. The game is difficult to see clearly with these nets in place.

In addition, being that Japan doesn't have a lot of land space, they jam pack as many people as they can into those stadiums, so much to the point that if you are in the lower area of the stadium, you'd be lucky if any oxygen were to get to you. I wonder what the players do!

In Japan TV is actually a lot better than going to the game, unless you're talking about highschool baseball.

Comment

Call me crazy, but I really like Shea. Only been to one game there, but I was staying at the LGA Marriott and walked to the game - sat in the upper bowl on the 1B line... it was nice.

Compared to Pro Player and Arlington stadium it was VERY nice. I think Pro Player and Three Rivers rank at the bottom as far as stadiums I've actually been to for baseball.
      "From reading some of your other posts your to much of a jerk, who thinks he's funny to debate on any thread. Just wanted to let you know what i and im sure others think of your mostly stupid posts..."

Comment

Originally posted by 64Cards
        I guess I can understand having retractables, but why do they close the roofs why the weather is good?
        At least in the postseason, the AL made a rule requiring the Blue Jays to keep their roof closed; I don't know whether the same rule applies to the other retractables. The rules also state that a roof cannot be opened during a game, but can be closed during a game if necessary at the home team's discretion. If the visiting team objects, the umpires are to decide it. Once it's closed it cannot be reopened.

I'm not sure why the American League decided that the roof had to be closed during the postseason. I'm guessing it was to try to avoid any possibility of a claim that the Blue Jays were able to manipulate the roof closing to gain an unfair advantage.
        I will not assimilate into the Angelos Collective. Resistance is not futile.

Comment

It could have to do with the cold weather in Toronto in October.

Comment

the stadiums ive been to in order from best to worst (year visited in parenthesis)

PNC Park(2004)
            Minute Maid park(2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004)
            Ballpark in Arlington(1997, 2003)
            Jacobs Field(2000)
            Bank One Ballpark(2002)
            Turner Field(1998)
            Camden Yards(1998)
            Busch Stadium(1996
            Fenway (1998)
            Yankee Stadium(1998)
            Astrodome(1990, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 98, 99)
            Comiskey Park(1996)
            Wrigley Field(1996)
            Tiger Stadium(1996)
            Kauffman Stadium(1996)
            Riverfront Stadium(1996)

Riverfront I liked but of the stadiums ive been to it was worst...from what ive heard 3 rivers was the worst stadium
            Houston Rockets
            playoffs:1969,75,77,79,80,81,82,85,86,87,88,89,90, 91,93,94,95,96,97,98,99,2004,05,07,08
            West Champions:81,86,94,95
            NBA Champions:94,95
            Houston Astros
            Playoffs: 1980,86,97,98,99,01,04,05
            NL west champs: 80,86
            NL central champs: 97,98,99,01
            NL Wild Card: 04,05
            NL Champions: 05
            Houston Oilers: AFL champs 1960,61
            Texas Longhorns class of 2012
            Lufkin Panthers div 2 state champs 2001

Comment

Originally posted by ElHalo
              There is no such thing as a great new park. If your park was built after the war, it's by definition not great.
              If by "war" you mean Vietnam, then Dodger Stadium could also be included as "great". Sorry if our stadium isn't as prestigious as Yankee Stadium, Fenway, or Wrigley.
              SOUVENEZ-VOUS LES EXPOS!!!
              "The future's uncertain and the end is always near" - Jim Morrison

Comment

Originally posted by mojorisin71
                If by "war" you mean Vietnam, then Dodger Stadium could also be included as "great". Sorry if our stadium isn't as prestigious as Yankee Stadium, Fenway, or Wrigley.
                In further response to that statement, witness Cleveland Municipal vs. Jacobs Field. There was nothing at all great about Municipal, even though it was a pre-war stadium.
                "From reading some of your other posts your to much of a jerk, who thinks he's funny to debate on any thread. Just wanted to let you know what i and im sure others think of your mostly stupid posts..."

Comment

Old Cleveland Stadium

Originally posted by Bleacherbee
                  In further response to that statement, witness Cleveland Municipal vs. Jacobs Field. There was nothing at all great about Municipal, even though it was a pre-war stadium.

HELLO what was wrong with the old CLEVELAND STADIUM. i was there in 1992 for a WHITE SOX INDIANS game and the place looked like it was in good shape. granted the seating capacity was huge and the place looked empty even with 20,000 fans in it but there was nothing wrong with the place DONALD DETROIT MI
                  LONG LIVE THE POLO GROUNDS 1891-1964
                  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/POLOGROUNDS1962

Comment

Originally posted by POLO GROUNDS 1957
                    HELLO what was wrong with the old CLEVELAND STADIUM. i was there in 1992 for a WHITE SOX INDIANS game and the place looked like it was in good shape. granted the seating capacity was huge and the place looked empty even with 20,000 fans in it but there was nothing wrong with the place DONALD DETROIT MI
                    You must have a big bladder

Comment

cleveland stadium

WHAT KIND OF COMMENT WAS THAT. THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH OLD CLEVELAND STADIUM. :grouchy

Comment

Cleveland Stadium

HEY BLEACHERBEE how can you comment on a place that you never been to. i did go to the old cleveland stadium. but then again i can expect a comment like that from someone who likes SHEA STADIUM WHICH STINKS ALSO. I WOULD RATHER BE AT THE POLO GROUNDS ANY DAY OVER SHEA STADIUM. DONALD DETROIT :grouchy

Comment

WHAT KIND OF COMMENT WAS THAT. THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH OLD CLEVELAND STADIUM. :grouchy
                          In all seriousness, I have to ask: how many times were you ever at Cleveland Stadium?

Comment

HEY BLEACHERBEE how can you comment on a place that you never been to

Oh, I GET IT, you think that because I didn't list the mistake by the lake in my list of MLB parks I've been to a game at that I've never been there! Because the Indians were the only team that played there!

We get it, you like old parks and hate every team that ever moved. Seriously though you should hate the Indians because they left League park, and stop defending Cleveland Stadium. It would fit in more with your MO.

Comment

Originally posted by wamby
                              In all seriousness, I have to ask: how many times were you ever at Cleveland Stadium?
                              I think Donald also prefers grass huts and log cabins to modern housing, as well.
                              Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
                              Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
                              Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
                              Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
                              Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Cleveland Stadium

Originally posted by wamby
                                HELLO i was at cleveland stadium for one game in 1992. and i liked the place. it looked like it was in good shape. i would have liked to have seen a game at LEAGUE PARK but they partially DEMOLISHED the stadium i think in 1950. they did leave a small part of the stadium and the playing field and i was lucky to have seen that in 1992. I have been told that it is still there today and i guess they are going to renovate what is still left there. GRANTED cleveland stadium when there was 20,000 people looked empty. i would have loved to have seen a cleveland browns football game there. DONALD DETROIT MI

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X