Worst parks you've seen a game in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
    You just said it yourself, the place reeks!

sorry...

Ha ha. Ok, so you haven't been there lately as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by satchel29 View Post
      sorry for the late response... I visited the New Comisky BEFORE the changes were made (it seemed like a big, concrete pimple to me- no offense meant in that statement; just my personal opinion)... and to give you a sense of just how UN-remarkable the experience was, I have seen the Angels in Anaheim... ZERO personality in that joint, too.

Also, I forgot to mention that because I live in Seattle, I have been to Safeco Field numerous times, and while I STILL don't like the Mariners, Safeco is as nice as any of the new generation of ballparks that I have visited... good seating, great sight-lines to the field and the action, family-friendly (if you're into that sort of thing), decent (but admittedly expensive) food, clean, wide concourses, decent (not GREAT) access to the highway, cool view of downtown and the waterfront... it's pretty sweet considering the fact that I was CURSED with the Kingdome for so many years.
      Do you mean Angels stadium post renovations?

Comment

• Originally posted by Foppa21 View Post
        Maybe it doesn't count as a full-time baseball stadium, park, but Mile High was terrible, for anything. Like Milwaukee County, a really horrible (yet fun) park, it is gone. Today's worst are U.S. Cellular, the horrid replacement to a shrine in Comiskey, a rollercoaster looking stadium void of personality and Jacobs Field, a park that became outdated like a 70s cookie-cutter venue maybe 2 years after it opened. Yankee Stadium, soon to go, good riddance, is saved only by its history and mistique (other than the lattice work and Monument Park).

Getting out of the negative, as this topic embraces, my faves, as far as great BASEBALL parks for all the various criteria you might come up with are:

Fenway
        Kauffman
        Oakland Coliseum (except for how the raiders ruined the park)
        Pac Bell
        Coors
        Wrigley

you obviously haven't been to comiskey since it's been remodeled...

Comment

• Originally posted by POLO GROUNDS 1957 View Post
          I agree with you 100 percent about the new white sox ballpark its a dump and a horrible replacement to the classic original comiskey park(1910-1991)
          old comiskey was crumbling and flat out needed to go..

have you even been in to our park since it's been remodeled???

Comment

• [QUOTE=soxnut67;1029854]
            Originally posted by hsnterprize View Post

I really don't get how anyone who has been there post-renovations can say they don't like or that it is one of the worst parks. The place reeks baseball!
            that because the people who trash our park haven't even been there post-renovations.

Comment

• [QUOTE=POLO GROUNDS 1957;1030305]
              Originally posted by soxnut67 View Post

What ballpark are you talking about.you have the right to like or dislike any ballpark you want. the fact is alot of baseball fans just dont like this stadium.
              so in other words,you haven't been there post-renovations...

Comment

• All the criticism aimed at The Cell is ridiculous. I was in Chicago this summer, and I REALLY wanted to see this ballpark, as all the pics look awesome. The Sox were out of town, and I saw the Cubs instead (which was still awesome, seeing as how I had never been to Wrigley). But...the next time I'm in Chicago, I'm going to make sure to schedule it around a Sox game because, simply put, The Cell looks awesome. It makes no sense that so many people here are trashing the CURRENT version of this ballpark, many of whom haven't even been there post-renovations.

Also, when I think of the WORST parks, the first ones that come to my mind are places like Shea, Veterans Stadium, Three Rivers, Riverfront, The Kingdome, and Exhibition Stadium. Granted, I've never been to any of them, but based on pics I've seen, they're not too great-looking. The Trop doesn't look too appealing, but some people rave about it, so I won't bash it. Also, even though the Metrodome is much maligned, it doesn't look bad on TV. In fact, I think it looks nicer than The Trop (but, once again, I'll reserve any criticism, since I've never been to either). The Cell is FAR from the top of the 'worst ballparks' list, IMO.
                machinehead11
                Last edited by machinehead11; 10-21-2007, 11:59 AM.

Comment

• [QUOTE=soxfan1978;1031665]
                  Originally posted by POLO GROUNDS 1957 View Post

so in other words,you haven't been there post-renovations...
                  No i have not been there since 1991 and i am not planning to go back there either. i saw my last white sox game at the last game at old comiskey park in 1990.
                  LONG LIVE THE POLO GROUNDS 1891-1964
                  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/POLOGROUNDS1962

Comment

• Originally posted by soxfan1978 View Post
                    you obviously haven't been to comiskey since it's been remodeled...
                    Remmber the stadium is not called Comiskey Park. i allways felt that it was a insult to call the stadium that.i just had to correct this post about the name of the ballpark.

Comment

Remmber the stadium is not called Comiskey Park. i allways felt that it was a insult to call the stadium that.i just had to correct this post about the name of the ballpark.
                      It was called New Comiskey for most of it's existence. As with Candlestick and other parks people will tend to stick with a name they like. I'm sure most of these fans here who have attended games as the place are aware of its name.

Comment

• Some locals here in Chicago still refer to "The Cell" as Comiskey simply because they don't like the whole U.S. Cellular name attachment to the place. Still, most of us here either refer to the place as "The Cell", "Comiskey", "White Sox Park", or "Sox Park". Of course the formal name of it is U.S. Cellular Field, but to the locals...to each his own.

And just to "shamelessly plug"...I started a U.S. Cellular Field thread. If you haven't check it out already, please do so.
                        hsnterprize
                        Passionate White Sox Fan
                        Last edited by hsnterprize; 10-21-2007, 07:06 PM.
                        Follow me on Facebook, or Twitter.

sigpic If you love your freedom, thank a vet...and this 10-year U.S. Army vet says, "You're welcome.".

Comment

• Originally posted by hsnterprize View Post
                          Some locals here in Chicago still refer to "The Cell" as Comiskey simply because they don't like the whole U.S. Cellular name attachment to the place. Still, most of us here either refer to the place as "The Cell", "Comiskey", "White Sox Park", or "Sox Park". Of course the formal name of it is U.S. Cellular Field, but to the locals...to each his own.

And just to "shamelessly plug"...I started a U.S. Cellular Field thread. If you haven't check it out already, please do so.
                          I know for a fact that there are alot of fans in chicago are glad that its not called comiskey park. as i said before its not comiskey park even if they paint the ballpark green, put in green seats and even put a small roof in the upper deck. its not comiskey park it was torn down in 1991.i have talked to my friend who works for one of the chicago area newspapers and he has told me that even today alot of people in chicago dislike this ballpark even 16 years later.and since he works and lives in the chicago area and works for one of the newspapers i take his word for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by satchel29 View Post
                            I have been blessed with the opportunity to visit many other cities and their ballparks and I MUST say that the Kingdome is the single worst stadium that I have ever seen baseball played in.
                            Agreed! It was a dreadful place for baseball.

Comment

I know for a fact that there are alot of fans in chicago are glad that its not called comiskey park. as i said before its not comiskey park even if they paint the ballpark green, put in green seats and even put a small roof in the upper deck. its not comiskey park it was torn down in 1991.i have talked to my friend who works for one of the chicago area newspapers and he has told me that even today alot of people in chicago dislike this ballpark even 16 years later.and since he works and lives in the chicago area and works for one of the newspapers i take his word for it.
                              So we'll just discount what fellow posters say. Fans who actually live in the area and go to games there?

Comment

• Originally posted by metfan13 View Post
                                So we'll just discount what fellow posters say. Fans who actually live in the area and go to games there?
                                I will take my friends word on this since he lives in chicago and works for one of the papers there.Alot of chicago fans still dislike this stadium 16 years after old comiskey parks demolition just like many fans in chicago dislike the United Center 12 years after chicago stadium was torn down.and friend works in the newspapers sports department. and he also showed me papers from engineering studys that showed that old comiskey park was not falling down like some say it was but could have been renovated.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X