Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW Stadiums for NYC...a question of WHEN?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW Stadiums for NYC...a question of WHEN?

The NY Times today has a very informative article on where NYC stands on the building of new stadiums, arenas, etc. for several of our professional sports teams......

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/01/16/ny...tml?oref=login

Take note of the photo at the top of the first page showing the proposed new arena for the "BROOKLYN" NETS......THIS is the spot, in downtown Brooklyn at Atlantic Avenue/LIRR Station, where the Big "O" wanted to build OUR NEW EBBETS FIELD. A new park which HE would have paid for himself (cost at that time approximately $250 million), HE just wanted the land from NYC. Robert Moses said NO WAY! NOW, take a look at the proposed costs to NYC ,which doesn't include the high legal costs of removing residents and which could take years to resolve, if ever!

c.

I guess someday it will happen, but the thought of a new Yankee Stadium offends me. You just don't tear down history.:atthepc
    http://www.nflfans.com/x/forumdisplay.php?f=55 :atthepc

Comment

As far as i know, Yankee Stadium II's opening day is supposed to be 2008 but because of budget crisis in NY, I don't know.
      Unlike most other team sports, in which teams usually have an equivalent number of players on the field at any given time, in baseball the hitting team is at a numerical disadvantage, with a maximum of 5 players and 2 base coaches on the field at any time, compared to the fielding team's 9 players. For this reason, leaving the dugout to join a fight is generally considered acceptable in that it results in numerical equivalence on the field, and a fairer fight.

Comment

It won't be long now for both the Mets and the Yankees!

Comment

Originally posted by nascarfn5 View Post
          As far as i know, Yankee Stadium II's opening day is supposed to be 2008 but because of budget crisis in NY, I don't know.
          I believe it's actually going to be 2009 for both parks. As for 2008, the Washington Nationals new park is supposed to open at that time.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteU View Post
            I believe it's actually going to be 2009 for both parks. As for 2008, the Washington Nationals new park is supposed to open at that time.
            Well, he did post that over 2 years ago, so I suppose we can cut him a little bit of a break.
            http://www.virtualfenway.com

Comment

Well, they started building the new Yankee stadium and the new Mets stadium last summer, so obviously theyre gonna open soon, I think they already started building that Barkley arena for the Nets in Brooklyn, the new Devils stadium is pretty much done from what I heard, and I don't know what's wrong with Giants Stadium (besides the name, cause the Jets play there too), so I don't get why they need a new stadium. The Dolans wanna build a new Garden, but that's stupid. It would cause too much traffic, plus there's nothing wrong with The Garden, and I heard they wanna renovate Nassau Coliseum, but I don't know if/when that's gonna happen.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X