No announcement yet.

1923 Yankee Stadium 3D Renderings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Below are two version of the same photo from OD 1923, and a comparison of the louvers and the steel doors. It looks like the doors, as expected, are painted the darker green, and the louver slats a lighter green.

sigpic

Comment

• I remembered seeing some dark green paint on several other Windsor chairs, and decided to look for those images.

The loose chairs show dark green paint at the lowest levels, and then either a lighter green or a blue over that.

Here's a good look at the dark green underneath the circa-1946 blue shade:

For the other reference photo (collage) I've been sharing, I couldn't find the original in full-size, but here is a smaller version. The dark green paint is at the upper right side:

Once again, the dark green paint beneath the other shade:

The other side of the same chair shows the dark green paint as well (look above the "X"):

This one is from David Atkatz, and shows green paint. It seems to be darker up on the rim than on the rest of the chair:

The dark greens shown together:

In many of the reference photos of the Windsor chairs I've posted, I would say that the chairs are too dark in tone to be painted the light green color. So I would recommend either the darker green seen above, or the bare brown wood. I'll try to find out more about the chairs.

Once again, from Marty Appel, suggesting that the Windsor chairs were painted a lighter green shade than the previous green color, at the time of the 1945-46 renovations, when they were taken out of the seating sections and used in the interior spaces of the Stadium:

From Brad's page, a description of the seat colors (ignore the hi-lighting, as that was when we were discussing if the seats were really blue in the late 1940s through mid-1950s)::

Last edited by SultanOfWhat; 07-22-2016, 03:46 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

• Thanks Sultan-----I thought something was off that's why I wanted a close look at the louvers----all is good. Wanna double check the gate roll-ups -- any close ups? Interesting that the article says the first coat of paint on the bolted down seat slats was Dark Green and the metal parts were Green. Actually gonna see how a more Fenway color looks in side the stadium.

Comment

• Here is my opinion on the latest discussion.

First for the Windsor chairs. It sure looks to me like there is a clear varnish finish below the dark green paint. With how dark and redish brown the wood looks is it possible it looks so dark in the old photos because of the previously mentioned filters that make red look very dark or even black?

As for the louvers...
          I believe they look lighter because of their angle pointing in an upward direction therefore reflecting more sunlight than the vertical facing doors below. Also the slats in the rolling doors are a lot closer together and cast more shadow on the slat below giving the doors an overall darker appearance. So I would think all the exterior green colors were probably all the same.

I also think all the window mullions were the same green as well.
          sigpic

Comment

• Hey Chip------I'm with ya on everything you said. My only reservation is that with all the different colors (wall tiles, etc) on the exterior, would they have made all that green the same green. I also thought about the window frames (mullions is one of the strangest words ever) and had tried them as green---will post a pic in a few hours, which will also reflect a change in all greens towards Fenway and Hibernian colors. They look really good (I made a slight shift to both colors). Unless an Osborn engineer descends to earth and hands me the Yankee Stadium color swatches, they're not changing.

Comment

• Is there a reason why the actual paint from 1923-installed Yankee Stadium seats is being rejected as the reference for seat coloring?
              sigpic

Comment

• Sultan----the bolted down seat color has not been changed-----it is the exact color swatch you provided 2 years ago. The other greens have been changed to the colors from the chart you provided a few posts ago------and here are those colors.
                Chip---the roll-up gates and railings for now are darker than the louvers---just wanna look at more reference before I change it.
                Need to texture the Windsor chairs better and that might take a bre green for now.it of time.
                Alos, the mullions a
                Attached Files

Comment

• One other change was made---the copper friezes are now less pinkish.

Comment

• Does any one have good samples of what sand colored concrete looks like?

Comment

• That screwed up type on my first post today is supposed to read: The mullions are green for now. Need to texture the Windsor chairs better and that may take a while

Comment

• With those new chair images, I realized my chairs were inaccurate and kinda lame----rebuilt the Windsor chairs.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Put in some quick padding on the benches and from thread reference I changed the structure of the dugout benches---am open to suggestions for the dugout bench cushions and their color. At work now, gonna see how the adjusted greens look on my more accurate monitor here. If need to be tweaked it won't take long.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Tweaked the windsor chair and then textured it with some woodgrain. New chair is on the right.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• The chair looks awesome!
                              But don't forget the wire behind the middle spindle.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Thanks chip------was that wire there when the chairs were new or added later to hold the chair together?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X