X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by YankeeStadium1923 View Post
    1920's Interior "BETTING or SOLICITING BETS PROHIBITED"
    and 1950's Stadium Club.
    That second interior shot is amazing! I don't recall seeing that image before. Was that a private club (e.g., season ticket holders) or open to the public? Where was it located? From the windows, it obviously looks like it is along the exterior, such overlooking Gate 4 (although I thought the team offices were at that location).

Comment

• Originally posted by 3rdGenCub View Post

That second interior shot is amazing! I don't recall seeing that image before. Was that a private club (e.g., season ticket holders) or open to the public? Where was it located? From the windows, it obviously looks like it is along the exterior, such overlooking Gate 4 (although I thought the team offices were at that location).
      I added the back of the photo with writing to the original post...Post#5878

A discussion can be found on page 128 concerning the Club Level and it's location on blueprints.

https://www.baseball-fever.com/forum...erings/page128
      Yankee Stadium 1923-2008

Avid fan of the greatest Stadium ever built! Both in beauty and aesthetics throughout its long Glorious history.

Comment

• I found some new images of the Gate 4 Eagle panels last Summer. I color corrected the images based on my knowledge, research and the viewing of the panels from my own collection on Original film. More on that at a later date.

Note the color of the NY logo in the color corrected image compared with the washed out NY logo from the source image. NY logo not too far off from the signature Yankee Navy Blue. Color variations may apply when not viewing as Adobe RGB.

Note Golden Brown eagle

Note Slate Blue playing field...possibly reminiscent of the seals of the United States of America. Burnt Sienna and Navy Blue was used for balcony panels and Gate 4 shields reminiscent of the flag of New York City.

Note Outer perimeter Blue is not the same Blue as playing field...Possibly a Bright Blue

Note inner perimeter should be Maroon Red

Note the Sun Glare reflecting off the glazed surface of the Original 1923 Polychrome terra cotta.

I rarely make color assumptions when I do not have tangible originals to view but I believe these color corrected images represent a close match to the Original film I have in my possession....Currently experimenting with high optic enlarger lens/Bellows mounted to DSLR for Macro images of Original Gate 4 slides.
        Yankee Stadium 1923-2008

Avid fan of the greatest Stadium ever built! Both in beauty and aesthetics throughout its long Glorious history.

Comment

• Gate 4 Eagle Panels

Note the Sun Glare reflecting off the glazed surface of the Original 1923 Polychrome terra cotta. See Second photo posted

Second source photo was way off color wise and may need some more tweaking....Currently acceptable.
          Last edited by YankeeStadium1923; 02-04-2018, 05:19 AM.
          Yankee Stadium 1923-2008

Comment

• 1965-66 Jim Henson commercial for Southern Bread that shows scenes from Yankee Stadium. This commercial reminded me of the Puppet Master/Puppet strings dynamic prevalent within the thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwOGQHA2nuE

A live-hand puppet
            http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/The_Southern_Colonel

Last edited by YankeeStadium1923; 04-03-2018, 04:56 AM.
            Yankee Stadium 1923-2008

Comment

• Is there a way to view the Photo Bucket pictures in focus ?

Comment

• Originally posted by rjo12x35 View Post
                Is there a way to view the Photo Bucket pictures in focus ?
                https://photobucket.com/notice-intermediate/
                Yankee Stadium 1923-2008

Comment

• Originally posted by YankeeStadium1923 View Post
                  So, basically the affected photos are kaput? I guess I'll have to speed up my viewing of the 1,000s of great photos on here before more cannot be viewed. Sad but I'm not really surprised.

Comment

• Has anyone ever seen the original 1921 AL Pennant ? I know there was one that read 1921 '22 '23 (There's a pic of it on here somewhere) I'm trying to figure out Could that have been the "original baner from 1921 and the other 2 years were added after the fact.

Comment

• Opening April 14th, 1908 Hilltop Park

Comment

• image_156655.jpgimage_156656.jpgimage_156657.jpgimage_156658.jpgimage_156659.jpg

Federal SeaBoard Terra Cotta Corporation

"Two 1937 architectural medallions from Yankee Stadium in New York. Almost like a behind the scenes test shot, these show the test pieces from the Federal Seaboard Terra Cotta Corp and bear their stamps on the back"

Photos showing the Original molds used to create the 1937 NY balcony panel as well as upper Gate wall panel.

Also including photos from a 1938 Federal Seaboard Architectural Terra Cotta and Wall Ashlar catalog discussing production procedures and techniques.

FORM: Plaster of Paris and/or Clay models submitted to Architect for approval

COLOR: Unlimited range of permanent brilliantly, lustrous or matt glazed and unglazed colors fired to 2250 degrees Fahrenheit. Permanent to the utmost degree, acid resisting, impervious to moisture, and will not fade or discolor.

POLYCHROME: Hand application of polychrome in glazed colors

PERMANENCE: created at a heat which would destroy most materials, it is fire resisting to the highest possible degree and an occasional washing with soap and water brings it back to its original freshness of color.
                        Last edited by YankeeStadium1923; 04-22-2020, 09:15 AM.
                        Yankee Stadium 1923-2008

Comment

• NYpanelMerge copy3.jpgNYpanelsMerge copy1.jpg1923NYpanelMerge copy2.jpg1937ZOOM2 copy.jpg

Comparing the 1923 and 1937 Yankee Stadium Balcony Panels.
                          Photos include 1937 surviving Gate 6 NY balcony panel w/mold
                          including 2 of the 3 surviving Gate 4 NY balcony panels
                          including surviving Gate 6 NY balcony panel ZOOM view

Last edited by YankeeStadium1923; 04-25-2020, 03:04 PM.
                          Yankee Stadium 1923-2008

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X