2005 Roadtrips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 Roadtrips?

Anybody else planning on going on a roadtrip this year now that the schedules have been released? I will probably decide between a Carolina trip, a SoCal trip or a New England trip. I will also make a few weekend trips in Texas to catch the new park in Corpus and the one in Robstown before the Coastal Bend team goes away.
    "The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Ray. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again."

Me and my friend are planning 4 stadiums in 4 days/nights.
    Nats game on Friday
    O's game Saturday
    Phillies game Sunday
    Met's game Monday.

Comment

i have two games each at red sox/reds, yankees/pirates and orioles/rockies the week of 13-18 june.
      "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Comment

I need to look at the schedule but I'd like to catch a Cleveland game and then a Pittsburgh game. Seen both stadiums, but have never been in either one of them.
        Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
        Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
        Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
        Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
        Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Cold Nose
          I need to look at the schedule but I'd like to catch a Cleveland game and then a Pittsburgh game. Seen both stadiums, but have never been in either one of them.
          Dude, you should come to the 5/28 game or 6/25. Fireworks AND bobbleheads! I'll be there
          Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
          Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

Comment

Living in Philly I am lucky beucase NY is only 90mi away, DC a little more, Pittsburgh about 300mi and Boston about 400. It's a great place to live for road trips. Every summer I usually get to 2-3 games in Pitt (in-laws live there, and it's my favorite stadium BY FAR!), 1-2 in Balt and a bunch in NYC (where my fiance moved to last summer).
            From Philly to Pittsburgh...

Comment

Originally posted by EddieBa26
              ...Every summer I usually get to 2-3 games in Pitt... and it's my favorite stadium BY FAR!
              get out here to the west coast and check out the digs located at 24 willie mays plaza, man. you might just hafta change yer mind.
              you are a lucky dog, though. wish that i had those many ballparks so close to me.
              besides my boston/ny/baltimore swing i will go to dodger stadium and san diego twice. oakland a few times on the other side of the bay. and colorado and anaheim, as well.
              "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Comment

Originally posted by west coast orange and black
                get out here to the west coast and check out the digs located at 24 willie mays plaza, man. you might just hafta change yer mind.
                you are a lucky dog, though. wish that i had those many ballparks so close to me.
                besides my boston/ny/baltimore swing i will go to dodger stadium and san diego twice. oakland a few times on the other side of the bay. and colorado and anaheim, as well.
                My best mate just moved to Irvine and he's been telling me to come out we'll do a massive west coast roadtrip of SD, ANA, LA, SF, OAK and AZ with a stop in LV.

I've been to OAK and SF before. I went to Network Associate's in like 98 (Grieve's 2nd year) and saw the Red Sox play the A's. Then the next day I went to Candlestick Park and saw the Giants and the Rockies. I think it was Candlestick's final year or next to last year.

Comment

pnc is terrific. but pac bell, i feel, rates slightly higher.

Comment

PNC is really a hidden gem I believe. When people speak of the best stadiums in the league, no one mentions it. I absolutely love it.

Comment

Originally posted by west coast orange and black
                      i have two games each at red sox/reds, yankees/pirates and orioles/rockies the week of 13-18 june.
                      No Kidding? I have 3 tix to see the Reds/Sox game on June 13. Infield Grandstand Section 18. Where are you sitting?

Aside from my one and only visit to the Fens this year (unless I am lucky enough to have my name drawn for a Yankees game -- Opening Day, I hope -- per the ticket lottery), I'm planning on a visit to Cooperstown to see the Hall of Fame Game in late May, and visit the HOF and Museum.
                      --Annie
                      Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
                      Remember Yellowdog
                      ABNY

Comment

Originally posted by RuthMayBond
                        Dude, you should come to the 5/28 game or 6/25. Fireworks AND bobbleheads! I'll be there
                        I'll be in Virginia June 25 (Fredericksburg! Fredericksburg! Fredericksburg!) but May 28 is certainly a possibility. I'll need to check my calendar, as that is Memorial Day Weekend.

Annie, you're going to Cooperstown in May? I may have to ask you for a favor.
                        Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Ask away, Cap'n! What can I do fer ya?
                          --Annie
                          Be civil to all, sociable to many, familiar with few, friend to one, enemy to none. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)
                          Remember Yellowdog
                          ABNY

Comment

Originally posted by VTSoxFan
                            Ask away, Cap'n! What can I do fer ya?
                            Thanks, Annie.

When I last visited Cooperstown (2001) I picked up the HOF complete postcard and pin sets. I'd like to be able to get the ones I have missed. What I can do if figure out what I need, find out how much they cost, and send you the funds beforehand so everything would be covered without extra expense to you.

Would this be the first time you are headed there?
                            Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

It sure is my first visit, and I can't wait! If you have any advice as to What To Be Sure Not To Miss, I'd be grateful.

Once you have figured out what you need from the shop, PM me with the details, and we'll arrange things from there!
                              --Annie
                              Remember Yellowdog
                              ABNY

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X