X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chinese home run
    replied
    Originally posted by JohnCropp View Post
    Seeing these pictures makes me want to slap Jeffery Loria and Bud Selig even harder.
    You might want to slap Walter O'Malley if he were alive today as well- he sold the ballpark in 1956 for a million dollars towards his war chest to build his ball park in Los Angeles.

Leave a comment:

• alpineinc
    replied
    Originally posted by ol' aches and pains View Post
    There is some beautiful color footage of Delormier Stadium in the HBO documentary "When It Was A Game".
    Speaking of that! I've mentioned them in these boards before, but Flagstaff Films, the company with much of the footage from those documentaries, has a spectacular Twitter feed that showcases old color footage daily - and today it's color film of Delorimier Stadium, from 1951. Stunning, check it out.

https://twitter.com/Flagstafffilms/s...31980443938816

Leave a comment:

• Paul W
    replied
    Originally posted by JohnCropp View Post
    Seeing these pictures makes me want to slap Jeffery Loria and Bud Selig even harder.
    bud-dy dealt with a situation of weak local ownership, after bronfman there wasn't anyone (a single strong owner)
    who stepped up
    . this made the path out easy for bud-dy.
    no different that leaving an exposed home window open and then complaining that you've been robbed.
    loria was his beard, waiting for the marlins, his ultimate goal.
    Last edited by Paul W; 05-02-2013, 10:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ericlc129
    replied
    Very cool park. That's the one thing about the "classic" stadiums that I've always loved and that's the brick and mortar facade around the outside. Fits in very nicely with the buildings around it. Quite stately looking.

Leave a comment:

• JohnCropp
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Chevy114
    replied
    Wow what a great park!

Leave a comment:

• alpineinc
    replied
    Here's a real beauty from 1946.

$T2eC16NHJH8E9qSEU5gGBRb,LT!m3!~~60_57.JPG

Still available. Ain't going cheap though!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1946-JACKIE-...item51abe0982a

Leave a comment:

• DeltaBoy
    replied
    I read in that same book that I had about Montreal Royals baseball that the Montreal Alouettes of what is now the CFL played some games at Delormier Stadium. However, the pitcher's mound was not leveled when the park was used for football. OUCH!!

Leave a comment:

• MC EXPOS
    replied
    yup. a high school sits on that site now

Leave a comment:

• VIBaseball
    replied
    My understanding is that the Montreal school board bought the facility in 1967 and began converting it into a school. As one of the above photos shows, it was also wedged into an area that offered little parking.

Leave a comment:

• MC EXPOS
    replied
    wow awesome

Leave a comment:

• alpineinc
    replied

1946montrealroyals.jpeg

Massive size

http://sports.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleN...No=80964#Photo
    Last edited by alpineinc; 01-11-2019, 08:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Capital City Goofball
    replied
    Programme for a soccer friendly played at the stadium (Thanks to Celtic Programmes Online for the image)

Leave a comment:

• milladrive
    replied
    Originally posted by Capital City Goofball View Post
    No problem! I appreciate all the work you've put into the quick search, I wouldn't have found this thread if it wasn't for that useful index...
    That's one of the nicest things anyone has said to me in a long time. Thank you for that recognition, sir!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]106965[/ATTACH]
    That mascot clown reminds me of Emmett Kelly, Brooklyn's mascot. Very similar "Weary Willie" looks and facial features.

Leave a comment:

• Capital City Goofball
    replied
    Originally posted by milladrive View Post
    Those are some awesome pics of that wonderful ballpark. Thanks much, CCG, for finding and sharing them!
    No problem! I appreciate all the work you've put into the quick search, I wouldn't have found this thread if it wasn't for that useful index...

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X