Athletics' San Jose Ballpark Proposal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Athletics' San Jose Ballpark Proposal

The latest images from the A's stadium saga, these being a possible San Jose stadium.

"Andre Dawson has a bruised knee and is listed as day-to-day...Aren't we all?"

Are those c c co co col col COLUMNS?
    sigpic

Comment

I like this design a hell of a lot better than the other one.

Comment

Not a fan of the seat angles in the left field corner, not to mention the fact that you enter the upper deck seating from the top and have to walk quite a bit to get down to the front row. Other than that, not a bad design, less gimicky of an outfield arrangement than the Oakland version.
        sigpic

Comment

Really nice. Fits that city and fanbase perfectly. Classy looking joint.

Comment

maybe they'll have a few $$$'s for players after the neukom bow-tie and the gi-ants $tick it to 'em...
            the turd in the punchbowl
            reality really sucks.
            enjoy the game more...

Comment

Kind of reminds me of that minor league park huntington or something. Better than what they have but I li ke the old one better.
              The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Comment

Originally posted by chip View Post
                Are those c c co co col col COLUMNS?
                If columns bring fans closer to the field and the team recognizes obstructed view seats and discounts tickets for them, I've got no problem with it. Upper decks on most new stadiums are way too far from the field. I think fans will enjoy that "on top of the field" view like they used to have at Tiger Stadium, Old Comiskey, and so many others.

Comment

They're still calling it Cisco Field? I thought the name died with the Fremont proposal.

Comment

Originally posted by Spyrfyrren View Post
                    The latest images from the A's stadium saga, these being a possible San Jose stadium.
                    Where are these images from?

Google couldn't provide me with any recent news on the stadium. Is there actually progress?
                    Last edited by JohnCropp; 08-23-2010, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Cisco has been getting free pub out of the A's park proposals for several years now. Doubt they've paid a dime for their prospective naming rights.

Comment

The angling of the seats down the third baseline make it seem like it would work well as a football venue as well.

Or soccer...

Comment

1. That upper deck is too large for it to not be terraced.
                          2. That building down the left-field line will obstruct the views of whomever sits in the top-right quadrant of the adjacent section.
                          3. If you're going to build columns in the seating bowl, at least align them with the aisles like at US Cellular Field.

Comment

There hasn't been an upper deck built that low and close to the diamond since...1912?
                            I see great things in baseball. It's our game - the American game.
                            - Walt Whitman

Comment

Originally posted by JohnCropp View Post
                              Where are these images from?

Google couldn't provide me with any recent news on the stadium. Is there actually progress?
                              The best way to keep up with everything going on is http://newballpark.org/. These images came from a post on http://www.athleticsnation.com/2010/...eld-renderings.
                              "Andre Dawson has a bruised knee and is listed as day-to-day...Aren't we all?"

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X