Best Ballpark Food

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baseball Guru

I like the Italian Sausages at Yankee stadium...

The BBQ at Camden is yummy...
    Agreed....
    Boog's BBQ at Camden is quite good

I do always enjoy a sausage & pepper sandwich at Yankee Stadium, It's not the greatest sandwich or the greatest sausage. But it always tastes real good to me, must be the atmosphere makes it better.

Comment

Originally posted by FormerCobb
      Agreed....

I do always enjoy a sausage & pepper sandwich at Yankee Stadium, It's not the greatest sandwich or the greatest sausage. But it always tastes real good to me, must be the atmosphere makes it better.
      I agree that atmosphere has a lot to do with it. For example, when I go hiking, a sandwich on a summit tastes much better than if I'm eating it at the kitchen table.

Comment

Originally posted by FormerCobb
        Agreed....

Don't forget Camden Yards' Crab Cakes!

Dennis
        BrooklynDodger14

Comment

Originally posted by pesky6
          Now that I live in Denver, I've found a little-known secret at Coors Field. In the left field corner there's a place called Buckaroos. Techically it's a kids place, but it's easy to get away with (just be discreet so you don't ruin it for future folks ). You can get a cheeseburger, fries, and drink for under $6 total. Sure, the drink and fry portion is small, and there are bigger burgers in the park, but for $6, how can you go wrong?
          My cheapskate move like that is just go a guest services booth at the Roger Centre and say I'm my friend's designated driver and get a free coke. It's not that evil of a move seeing as I'm not drinking at the game anyway.
          B.J. Birdie: 1979 - 1999. You will never be forgotten, death to Ace.

Comment

A Comiskey park Polish sausage with a lot of onions. Or if you want to say it like a Chicagoan, "I want a sawww with mustard, heavy onion". Their idea was to re-create the old Maxwell street hotdog stand that many of us Sox fans used to go to after the games "years ago" and the Polishes many of the fans grew up eating.

I quit drinking years ago but I still remember the taste of a good polish and a cold beer at the ballgame. I remember at Wrigley years ago the vendors used to fill your cup with a beer called "Old Style" thats from Wisconsin. They used to walk around with their serving bins filled with ice cold long necked bottles we used to call "goose necks". I swear, Old Style used to plain taste like mothers milk when it came out of the goose necks and there was never a better beer served then at Wrigley when it came out of those bottles.

My Dad used to love the two ballparks. He took me there often and it was the one place where he would be like a kid back then. Also "back then" in blue collar Chicago fathers used to take their sons to the neighborhood tavern with them. So that was usually our stop after a day game. The tavern where we "sons" would drink orange pops and play pinball while our dads drank and caught a night game on TV.
            "Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never." :hyper:

Comment

dodger dog. only had it once, but it was good (a little expensive, but very good)
              R.I.P Cory Lidel We Miss You

Comment

Nobody ever mentions.........

Nobody ever mentions what they serve at PetCo park.

Would that make anyone else here nervous to eat there?

Comment

I've been to several ballparks and nothing beats a Fenway Frank with Gulden's (sp?) Spicy Brown Mustard. Simple and good.

Now that I live in Denver, I've found a little-known secret at Coors Field. In the left field corner there's a place called Buckaroos. Techically it's a kids place, but it's easy to get away with (just be discreet so you don't ruin it for future folks ). You can get a cheeseburger, fries, and drink for under $6 total. Sure, the drink and fry portion is small, and there are bigger burgers in the park, but for $6, how can you go wrong?

Some people may look down on this practice, but given the price of ballpark food, it's the only way I can eat there without packing my own food each time.
                  love this guy
                  R.I.P Cory Lidel We Miss You

Comment

Some people may look down on this practice, but given the price of ballpark food, it's the only way I can eat there without packing my own food each time.
                    I've done a similar thing at Great American Ball Park
                    Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
                    Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

Comment

On the topic of ballpark food...

Ballpark Food Vote-off Game!!!
                      WAMCO!

Comment

Originally posted by rwolfe09
                        Hot dogs at The Jake are good.
                        They're not as good as the hot dogs were at Cleveland Stadium becaue they switched vendors. Hot dogs are about the only things that were better at Municipal Stadium than at Jacobs Field.

Comment

Originally posted by wamby
                          They're not as good as the hot dogs were at Cleveland Stadium becaue they switched vendors. Hot dogs are about the only things that were better at Municipal Stadium than at Jacobs Field.
                          Chances of getting a close seat or a foul ball
                          Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by RuthMayBond
                            Chances of getting a close seat or a foul ball
                            Those were good too, but I not enough to want to keep seeing games there, in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by wamby
                              Those were good too, but I not enough to want to keep seeing games there, in my opinion.
                              I actually had a neighbor who got mad in '94 when the Tribe started winning. He couldn't get a close seat the day of the game. I asked him, you could do that for almost 40 years, haven't we had enough of losing? (and this guy played in the minors

Comment

Originally posted by RuthMayBond
                                I actually had a neighbor who got mad in '94 when the Tribe started winning. He couldn't get a close seat the day of the game. I asked him, you could do that for almost 40 years, haven't we had enough of losing? (and this guy played in the minors
                                I knew more than a few people with the same attitude. I remember right before the 1995 World Series, when tickets were impossible to find, my aunt's mother told me that the post-season games should have been played at Municipal so that more people could get in. She was surprised that so few people agreed. I remember thinking 'that's because it's a really stupid idea.'

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X