Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baseball Stadiums Turned Clunker Graveyards

http://jalopnik.com/5713098/the-base...nker-graveyard

Bush Stadium in downtown Indianapolis was built in 1931 as a field for Negro and minor-league baseball teams. Today, it's a historical relic holding hundreds of rusting vehicles traded under "cash for clunkers," a spooky memorial to waste.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by milladrive; 04-26-2011, 10:26 AM. Reason: Eliminated title.

Baseball Stadiums Turned Clunker Graveyards

Bush Stadium in Indy, earlier this summer. Reminds me of the same disheartening decay that Crosley went through.

Last edited by milladrive; 04-26-2011, 10:35 AM. Reason: Added title & Reinserted photo

Comment

This doesn't look like a ballpark, it's more like Bridgeport, Connecticut!! LOL
      RYS to NYS: "Obi-Lonn never told you what happened to your father."

NYS: "He told me enough. He told me you killed him - in the 1970s!!"

RYS: "No, I am your father..."

NYS: "No, it's not true, that's impossible!!!!"

RYS: "Look beyond my respirator pods and my upper crown; you know it to be true!

Comment

Originally posted by NYFan1stYankFan2nd View Post
        This doesn't look like a ballpark, it's more like Bridgeport, Connecticut!! LOL
        bilge-port..
        the turd in the punchbowl
        reality really sucks.
        enjoy the game more...

Comment

Crosley Field:

Comment

It's funny how they tried to at least park the cars in aisles at Crosley, meanwhile at Bush it's like, jam 'em in!
            "I wouldn't say I was the best manager in the business. But I was in the top one."
            - Brian Clough
            "I am the eggman, they are the eggmen.
            I am the walrus, goo goo g'joob"

- John Lennon

Comment

Osaka, Japan

http://www.soccerluxury.com/10-most-...und-the-world/
              I see great things in baseball. It's our game - the American game.
              - Walt Whitman

Comment

Originally posted by DallasGoon View Post
                It's funny how they tried to at least park the cars in aisles at Crosley, meanwhile at Bush it's like, jam 'em in!
                Well, sort of different uses. Crosley was an impound lot, meaning they had to be able to find cars and get them out when the owners showed up for them.

Bush is just a cash-for-clunkers graveyard. The cars are just there until they go to the crusher.

Comment

What i find ironic is that Crosley and Bush Stadium both became "holding pens" for cars at the end of their careers as baseball parks, and Eight Men Out was filmed at Bush Stadium, where it was used as Comiskey Park.....and Crosley Field
                  sigpic

Comment

Grimes Stadium, former home of the Lebanon Chix has been turned into a gas station with the main section of grandstand providing storage for hub caps (where fans used to once sit). . We posted an entire gallery of the ballpark of past and present photos a few weeks ago on http://www.digitalballparks.com

Eric Pastore
                    http://www.digitalballparks.com
                    An online baseball stadium museum featuring over 13,500 ballpark photographs
                    Last edited by Digitalballparks; 12-16-2010, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jnakamura View Post
                      That is so weird...but cool. Do people still sit in those stands? Why don't they just demolish them?
                      It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Laser Beam View Post
                        That is so weird...but cool. Do people still sit in those stands? Why don't they just demolish them?
                        From the linked article, (had to read it for myself!)

"This stadium is situated in center of Osaka City. Osaka stadium was abandoned for baseball and soon converted to sample housing showground. The stadium was demolished in 1998 and shopping center is built on that location now."
                        ------------
                        I have been to:

Citi Field, Shea, NYS, RYS, PNC, Fenway, AT&T, CBP, Rangers Ballpark, Minute Maid Park, Wrigley, Dodger Stadium, Angel Stadium of Anaheim, PETCO Park, Coors, Chase Field, Turner, Miami, [email protected], U.S.F., Comerica, Nationals Park, GABP, Progressive, Trop, Miller, Oakland-A C., Dolphin, RFK, Olympic Stadium, Metrodome

Comment

People would sit in the stands and cheer homeowners as they cut their laws and washed their cars.

Fans would start cheers...

Bag That Grass!
                          Bag That Grass!
                          Rake The Leaves!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt The Hammer View Post
                            People would sit in the stands and cheer homeowners as they cut their laws and washed their cars.

Fans would start cheers...

Bag That Grass!
                            Bag That Grass!
                            Rake The Leaves!
                            I was going to say "Yeah, like a house in Japan has a front yard," but those do! Must have been PRIME real estate!

Comment

I took these pics about a year ago.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X