Jerry!

... needs to be added to the list.

http://www.baseball-fever.com/showth...ighlight=reuss

Comment

Originally posted by JohnCropp View Post
        Jerry!

Given the photographer & the quality of the pictures...agreed. It's in the Miscell photos section.

Comment

Originally posted by Mario Mendoza...HOF Lock View Post
          Milladrive, good job merging the threads, i.e. splitting the Fenway threads by dates. We appreciate it...that's not easy to to. Keep up the good work.
          Thank you much, MM. Of course, my good work would never be taking place had it not been for your awesome work.

Originally posted by JohnCropp View Post
          Jerry!

You call those "ballpark photos"? Heh, don't start trouble, John. You devil, you.
          Put it in the books.

Comment

Incidentally, I'm wondering what the consensus is. Do we think Brooklyn should have its own heading? Even though Brooklyn hasn't been a city of its own since 1898, many folks still pride themselves as being Brooklynites rather than New Yorkers. Not to mention, the Dodgers were never known as the New York Dodgers. I'll leave things as they are for now, bur I'll go with the consensus of whomever has an opinion.
            Put it in the books.

Comment

I don't think the name of the team should determine what heading it's under, rather, where the ballpark is located. Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens and Manhattan are all located within the city of New York so I think it's fine as is.

However I do think the Anaheim heading should lose the /Los Angeles tag. Aneheim is Anehiem and L.A. is L.A.. Also, Angel Stadium is the only park that should be in the Anaheim listing. Wrigley Field should be moved under the Los Angeles heading.
              I see great things in baseball. It's our game - the American game.
              - Walt Whitman

Comment

Originally posted by jnakamura View Post
                I don't think the name of the team should determine what heading it's under, rather, where the ballpark is located. Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens and Manhattan are all located within the city of New York so I think it's fine as is.

However I do think the Anaheim heading should lose the /Los Angeles tag. Aneheim is Anehiem and L.A. is L.A.. Also, Angel Stadium is the only park that should be in the Anaheim listing. Wrigley Field should be moved under the Los Angeles heading.
                Thanks much for the input. I tend to agree, to a certain degree. Let's see how some other folks chime in.

As for the Anaheim / L.A. separation, the Angels once played in Wrigley Field, which is located in Los Angeles, not Anaheim. In an effort to keep the distinction, I gave them the Wrigley-in-Los Angeles heading. Granted, the argument could be made that if we do that, then we should do it for all teams which changed locations, like the Braves. And it'd be a good argument. But then, there's Bloomington/Minneapolis for the same team, with different cities ...I'm still thinking.

Put it in the books.

Comment

Originally posted by milladrive View Post
                  Thanks much for the input. I tend to agree, to a certain degree. Let's see how some other folks chime in.

As for the Anaheim / L.A. separation, the Angels once played in Wrigley Field, which is located in Los Angeles, not Anaheim. In an effort to keep the distinction, I gave them the Wrigley-in-Los Angeles heading. Granted, the argument could be made that if we do that, then we should do it for all teams which changed locations, like the Braves. And it'd be a good argument. But then, there's Bloomington/Minneapolis for the same team, with different cities ...I'm still thinking.

The thing is, the thread should, IMO, be a ballpark-by-city directory, not a team directory. Listing Wrigley Field under the Anaheim heading instead of Los Angeles makes as little sense as listing Roosevelt Stadium under a Brooklyn/NY heading instead of the Jersey City heading.
                  - Walt Whitman

Comment

I see your "ballpark-by-city-directory" point. And I do tend to agree. But then how do we keep the consistency when discussing Bloominton and Minneapolis? Certainly we can't desire a separate Bloomington listing.
                    Put it in the books.

Comment

In that case it would probably make more sense to just have one listing for Los Angeles/Orange County. Then just lump them all together.
                      - Walt Whitman

Comment

I vote with the baseball by major city listing as jnakamura mentioned, as opposed to teams. Another idea is listing stadiums alphabetically by state (with city subheadings), instead of alphabetical by cities only. That way for example, the Met could be listed under Bloomington instead of Minneapolis/StPaul. It WOULD require a 5th grade education to know which state a city is in (I think most here qualify {cough cough}).

Even if you thought the Met would be in Minn/St Paul, you would see Bloomington listed. Something like this:

Minnesota

Bloomington
                        Metrpolitan Stadium

Minneapolis/St Paul
                        Target Field
                        Metrodome

Or if NOT doing it by state, the suburban city could be given credit with parentheses.....

Minneapolis/St Paul
                        Target Field
                        Metrodome
                        Metropolitan Stadium (Bloomington)

Or, as a compromise, nothing says a stadium (i.e. Anaheim) can't be listed under Anaheim and LA. There are only a few examples where this is an issue anyway, so it shouldn't really clutter it up. The purpose is to make looking for stadium as quick as possible.

Comment

Looking back over a few of the changes that have been made i.e. Anaheim & Arlington, probably no need to tinker with the format as it is. Should Brooklyn get a separate listing? With the Nets getting a team soon, it is starting to differentiate it self again, so perhaps so. I'll leave that to the mods.

Comment

Hmmm... .... I like the compromise idea. Ladies and germs, we have a wiener.

Thanks much, fellas, for the much appreciated suggestions.
                            Put it in the books.

Comment

Folks, if anyone happens to notice a new thread about a ballpark started by someone who didn't realize there already was one, feel free to post the duplicate link right here, so the two threads can be merged. Thanks much!
                              Last edited by milladrive; 04-28-2011, 12:17 PM.
                              Put it in the books.

Comment

There are currently 2 recently active RFK threads that probably should be merged. The currently linked one, (started in 2010), and this long dormant older one.....

http://www.baseball-fever.com/showth...96-RFK-Stadium

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X