X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jnakamura
    replied
    In that case it would probably make more sense to just have one listing for Los Angeles/Orange County. Then just lump them all together.

Leave a comment:

• milladrive
    replied
    I see your "ballpark-by-city-directory" point. And I do tend to agree. But then how do we keep the consistency when discussing Bloominton and Minneapolis? Certainly we can't desire a separate Bloomington listing.

Leave a comment:

• jnakamura
    replied
    Originally posted by milladrive View Post
    Thanks much for the input. I tend to agree, to a certain degree. Let's see how some other folks chime in.

As for the Anaheim / L.A. separation, the Angels once played in Wrigley Field, which is located in Los Angeles, not Anaheim. In an effort to keep the distinction, I gave them the Wrigley-in-Los Angeles heading. Granted, the argument could be made that if we do that, then we should do it for all teams which changed locations, like the Braves. And it'd be a good argument. But then, there's Bloomington/Minneapolis for the same team, with different cities ...I'm still thinking.

The thing is, the thread should, IMO, be a ballpark-by-city directory, not a team directory. Listing Wrigley Field under the Anaheim heading instead of Los Angeles makes as little sense as listing Roosevelt Stadium under a Brooklyn/NY heading instead of the Jersey City heading.

Leave a comment:

• milladrive
    replied
    Originally posted by jnakamura View Post
    I don't think the name of the team should determine what heading it's under, rather, where the ballpark is located. Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens and Manhattan are all located within the city of New York so I think it's fine as is.

However I do think the Anaheim heading should lose the /Los Angeles tag. Aneheim is Anehiem and L.A. is L.A.. Also, Angel Stadium is the only park that should be in the Anaheim listing. Wrigley Field should be moved under the Los Angeles heading.
    Thanks much for the input. I tend to agree, to a certain degree. Let's see how some other folks chime in.

As for the Anaheim / L.A. separation, the Angels once played in Wrigley Field, which is located in Los Angeles, not Anaheim. In an effort to keep the distinction, I gave them the Wrigley-in-Los Angeles heading. Granted, the argument could be made that if we do that, then we should do it for all teams which changed locations, like the Braves. And it'd be a good argument. But then, there's Bloomington/Minneapolis for the same team, with different cities ...I'm still thinking.

Leave a comment:

• jnakamura
    replied
    I don't think the name of the team should determine what heading it's under, rather, where the ballpark is located. Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens and Manhattan are all located within the city of New York so I think it's fine as is.

However I do think the Anaheim heading should lose the /Los Angeles tag. Aneheim is Anehiem and L.A. is L.A.. Also, Angel Stadium is the only park that should be in the Anaheim listing. Wrigley Field should be moved under the Los Angeles heading.

Leave a comment:

• milladrive
    replied
    Incidentally, I'm wondering what the consensus is. Do we think Brooklyn should have its own heading? Even though Brooklyn hasn't been a city of its own since 1898, many folks still pride themselves as being Brooklynites rather than New Yorkers. Not to mention, the Dodgers were never known as the New York Dodgers. I'll leave things as they are for now, bur I'll go with the consensus of whomever has an opinion.

Leave a comment:

• milladrive
    replied
    Originally posted by Mario Mendoza...HOF Lock View Post
    Milladrive, good job merging the threads, i.e. splitting the Fenway threads by dates. We appreciate it...that's not easy to to. Keep up the good work.
    Thank you much, MM. Of course, my good work would never be taking place had it not been for your awesome work.

Originally posted by JohnCropp View Post
    Jerry!

... needs to be added to the list.

http://www.baseball-fever.com/showth...ighlight=reuss
    You call those "ballpark photos"? Heh, don't start trouble, John. You devil, you.

Leave a comment:

• Mario Mendoza...HOF Lock
    replied
    Jerry!

Given the photographer & the quality of the pictures...agreed. It's in the Miscell photos section.

Leave a comment:

• JohnCropp
    replied
    Jerry!

Leave a comment:

• fdnyladder7
    replied
    Thankyou for this list!

Leave a comment:

• JohnCropp
    replied
    Here's one for the Stadium Models group: http://www.baseball-fever.com/showth...-Stadium-model

Leave a comment:

• Mario Mendoza...HOF Lock
    replied
    Milladrive, good job merging the threads, i.e. splitting the Fenway threads by dates. We appreciate it...that's not easy to to. Keep up the good work.

Leave a comment:

• milladrive
    replied
    I've just begun a Candlestick Park thread because I didn't see one listed, but Matt the Hammer found a couple so...

1. We'd like to merge the three Candlestick threads.
    2. We'd like the Super Candlestick Thread added to the list.

Thanks to whoever can help!
    Merged....

Leave a comment:

• JohnCropp
    replied
    I've just begun a Candlestick Park thread because I didn't see one listed, but Matt the Hammer found a couple so...

1. We'd like to merge the three Candlestick threads.
    2. We'd like the Super Candlestick Thread added to the list.

Thanks to whoever can help!

Leave a comment:

• milladrive
    replied
    That's indeed one awesome list, Mario, and thank you for the hard work! My appreciation for your diligence can't be overstated. :applaud:

This is precisely what's been needed in order to find specific ballpark threads, and it will also help to alleviate further redundancy. Consider it stickied, at very least until the search engine is given more horsepower. Thanks again, MM!

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X