• Show
Clear All

• milladrive
    replied
    Originally posted by Jessy S View Post
    Populous's Living Ballpark

Need to add the above link.
    Link added with the heading, "Future Ballpark Designs?"

Anyone with a better idea can feel free to opine.

Leave a comment:

• Jessy S
    replied
    Populous's Living Ballpark

Need to add the above link.
    Last edited by Jessy S; 03-16-2014, 03:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• milladrive
    replied
    Took me long enough, but I finally gave Bloomington MN its own distinction. Having it indistinguishingly lumped in with Minneapolis was just wrong, and looking at the list last night, it just hit me. So I finally made the separation, while also leaving the Met within the Minneapolis entry, if for no other reason but for easy flow of regional progression.

Leave a comment:

• milladrive
    replied
    I don't know why it took me so long, but I finally got around to fixing the Anaheim and Arlington entries.

Leave a comment:

• BSmile
    replied
    OK then...it's officially started!
    I posted some pics to kick it off. The reason I started it is because I just put together a rare panoramic from 1910 of Washington vs. Boston and couldn't find a Huntington Ave. thread. Soooo....check it out here:
    Huntington Avenue Grounds

Leave a comment:

• Gary Dunaier
    replied
    Originally posted by milladrive View Post
    Feel free to start one anytime.

Leave a comment:

• BSmile
    replied
    Originally posted by milladrive View Post
    To my knowledge, there is no thread focusing on the Huntington Avenue Grounds. Feel free to start one anytime.
    Maybe I will. I'm pretty sure there were some Huntington Ave. pics mixed in with some of the old Boston/Fenway threads...but it should really have its own thread.

Leave a comment:

• milladrive
    replied
    Originally posted by BSmile View Post
    I was digging around for a while looking for a "Huntington Avenue Grounds" thread (pre-Fenway Boston 1901-1911). Is there one...or should one be started?
    Thanx
    ~B
    To my knowledge, there is no thread focusing on the Huntington Avenue Grounds. Feel free to start one anytime.

Leave a comment:

• BSmile
    replied
    I was digging around for a while looking for a "Huntington Avenue Grounds" thread (pre-Fenway Boston 1901-1911). Is there one...or should one be started?
    Thanx
    ~B

Leave a comment:

• milladrive
    replied
    Great catch, MM. I must've overlooked it when I micro-searched the board. Thank you. Done and done.

Leave a comment:

• Mario Mendoza...HOF Lock
    replied
    There are currently 2 recently active RFK threads that probably should be merged. The currently linked one, (started in 2010), and this long dormant older one.....

http://www.baseball-fever.com/showth...96-RFK-Stadium

Leave a comment:

• milladrive
    replied
    Folks, if anyone happens to notice a new thread about a ballpark started by someone who didn't realize there already was one, feel free to post the duplicate link right here, so the two threads can be merged. Thanks much!
    Last edited by milladrive; 04-28-2011, 11:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• milladrive
    replied
    Hmmm... .... I like the compromise idea. Ladies and germs, we have a wiener.

Thanks much, fellas, for the much appreciated suggestions.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Looking back over a few of the changes that have been made i.e. Anaheim & Arlington, probably no need to tinker with the format as it is. Should Brooklyn get a separate listing? With the Nets getting a team soon, it is starting to differentiate it self again, so perhaps so. I'll leave that to the mods.

Leave a comment:

replied
    I vote with the baseball by major city listing as jnakamura mentioned, as opposed to teams. Another idea is listing stadiums alphabetically by state (with city subheadings), instead of alphabetical by cities only. That way for example, the Met could be listed under Bloomington instead of Minneapolis/StPaul. It WOULD require a 5th grade education to know which state a city is in (I think most here qualify {cough cough}).

Even if you thought the Met would be in Minn/St Paul, you would see Bloomington listed. Something like this:

Minnesota

Bloomington
    Metrpolitan Stadium

Minneapolis/St Paul
    Target Field
    Metrodome

Or if NOT doing it by state, the suburban city could be given credit with parentheses.....

Minneapolis/St Paul
    Target Field
    Metrodome
    Metropolitan Stadium (Bloomington)

Or, as a compromise, nothing says a stadium (i.e. Anaheim) can't be listed under Anaheim and LA. There are only a few examples where this is an issue anyway, so it shouldn't really clutter it up. The purpose is to make looking for stadium as quick as possible.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X