Gilmore Field - Hollywood CA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gilmore Field - Hollywood CA

these look like gilmore field, no dates...
    Attached Files
    the turd in the punchbowl
    reality really sucks.
    enjoy the game more...

yes, that's gilmore

Comment

Gilmore Field and Gilmore Stadium photos: http://www.hollywoodphotographs.com/...gilmore-field/
      Last edited by Lpeters199; 05-02-2012, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Gilmore Field

The home of the Stars...

Gilmore Field 02.jpeg
        Gilmore Field 01.jpeg
        Last edited by Capital City Goofball; 03-02-2012, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Folks, before beginning a new ballpark thread, please check the Forum Index first to see if one already exists. As well, when beginning a new ballpark thread, contacting me privately will allow me to not only make sure others don't exist, but it will also afford me the ability to format the thread to properly fit the forum if necessary. Thanks much.
          Put it in the books.

Comment

Originally posted by milladrive View Post
            Folks, before beginning a new ballpark thread, please check the Forum Index first to see if one already exists. As well, when beginning a new ballpark thread, contacting me privately will allow me to not only make sure others don't exist, but it will also afford me the ability to format the thread to properly fit the forum if necessary. Thanks much.
            Sorry about that... I used the "search" option but it didn't yield any results...

Comment

Originally posted by Capital City Goofball View Post
              Sorry about that... I used the "search" option but it didn't yield any results...
              No worries. Our weak Search engine is the reason the Forum Index exists in the first place. Everyone wishes the engine were of an adequate strength, but it doesn't seem to be the highest priority on the webmaster's bucket list. My guess is it's not an easy fix, so we may have to wait for the site's next "Version" before the search works as well as we all wish it would.
              Put it in the books.

Comment

This site, Hollywood Photograph Collection, has an amazing set of Gilmore Field images for sale...

Comment

Here is a photo of Gilmore Field where the Hollywood Stars played.

hollywood-stars-pcl-gilmore-field-stadium-postcard-nm_330619344277.jpg

Comment

Images courtesy of the Water and Power Associates:

Gilmore_Field1.jpg

Gilmore_Stadium.jpg
                    (ca. 1939) - Aerial view of Hollywood Ball Park (Gilmore Field) and Gilmore Stadium. This site later became Farmers Market and later The Grove shopping center, as well as CBS Television City.

Gilmore_Field_1939.jpg
                    (1939) - On baseball's 100th anniversary, new park is christened in Hollywood today. Here's the shiny new diamond that greeted fans at Gilmore Field, home of Hollywood Stars, this afternoon when Stars opened series with Seattle. Note how close boxes are to the baselines. Photo dated: May 2, 1939.

Gilmore_Field_3.jpg
                    (1939) - Baseball went Hollywood today as the Stars opened their new park, Gilmore Field, before 10,000 fans and movie celebrities. Shown is Jo-Jo White, Seattle's outfielder as he flies out. Doc Crandall is the Stars' catcher. Photo dated: May 2, 1939.

Gilmore_Field_4.jpg
                    (1951) - Major league All-Stars managed by Ty Cobb and Tris Speaker clashed at Gilmore Field, with the big-leaguers beating the Hollywood Stars, 4-3, for charity. Fans thrilled to Gus Zernial's two homers.

Comment

Originally posted by Capital City Goofball View Post
                      [ATTACH]115449[/ATTACH]
                      (1951)
                      Nice shot of the iconic Park la Brea Complex in the background back when they were just finished being built.

parklabrea.jpg
                      Last edited by jnakamura; 10-01-2012, 09:07 PM.
                      I see great things in baseball. It's our game - the American game.
                      - Walt Whitman

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X