Citi Field Tickets & Concessions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Strawman View Post
    Word. Batting practice was great - they treated you well, you were on the field for at least 90 minutes, shagging flies, taking grounders etc. in a addition to a few swings. Gatorade and water provided, used the visitors dugout. Very laid back - not your usual "hurry up" pro sports experience. Just a great day and the ballpark looks beautiful from the field.
    It was great.

They specifically forbade jumping on the outfield walls - "No Endy Chavez impressions". Of course nobody came close to hitting them to the walls in our session, plus the walls are 16 feet high in most places beyond even Endy's leaping ability, but I did get this shot of my friend pantomiming an Endy catch sans ball and a few feet shy of the wall:

IMG_3986 - eli making a catch on the warning track by robardin, on Flickr
    «Telle est la vie des hommes. Quelques joies, très vite effacées par d’inoubliables chagrins. Il n'est pas nécessaire de le dire aux enfants...» (Marcel Pagnol)

Comment

• Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post
      Thanks for the info. I heard on WFAN that the season schedule for 2012 may be coming out mid-Sept (don't remember it being so early last year). They implied Red Sox would be at Citi next year. If so, Red Sox, Yanks, Phils and a few other promotions might make it a reason to do full season. We'll see what the actual schedule is.
      They did:

2011 MLB slate packed with exciting matchups - released by MLB.com on 9/14/2010
      «Telle est la vie des hommes. Quelques joies, très vite effacées par d’inoubliables chagrins. Il n'est pas nécessaire de le dire aux enfants...» (Marcel Pagnol)

Comment

• Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post
        Thanks for the info. I heard on WFAN that the season schedule for 2012 may be coming out mid-Sept (don't remember it being so early last year). They implied Red Sox would be at Citi next year. If so, Red Sox, Yanks, Phils and a few other promotions might make it a reason to do full season. We'll see what the actual schedule is.
        rumor I heard was Mets-Sox the weekend of June 15-17 at Citi. Orioles the other AL East team coming to town supposedly, which kills the two best AL Mets roadtrips that were possible for 2012.

Comment

• Originally posted by SI Metman View Post
          rumor I heard was Mets-Sox the weekend of June 15-17 at Citi. Orioles the other AL East team coming to town supposedly, which kills the two best AL Mets roadtrips that were possible for 2012.
          I dunno, a road trip to Boston is very difficult due to the size of Fenway Park and the frequency at which it sells out (100% for 700+ games and counting). On the other hand, a series against the Red Sox at Citi Field will be sure to be sellouts - as noted, a possible reason to renew ticket plans (including the maligned Sat / Sun / Weekend 15-game ones), assuming they don't label that series "Marquee" as well.

Baltimore is always fun. It's a great ballpark with cheap tickets and always lots of New York fans on hand. They get to swap the influx of Yankee fans for a weekend for their orange-and-blue counterparts.

Comment

• The Mets are selling Promenade Reserved tickets to Sunday night's game for $10. They say they will donate half of the sale of the proceeds from these $10 tickets to Tuesday's Children.

http://newyork.mets.mlb.com/nym/tick...359785090-1061

Sunday's game is listed as a "Premium" game on the Mets' schedule. According to the Mets' website, Promenade Reserved tickets for "Premium" games are $28.00. So if the Mets are now charging $10.00 for Promenade Reserved tickets to this game, I have to wonder if they intend to make things right for those fans who've already paid $28.00 for their tickets - especially those who bought them when the game was originally scheduled as a day game, before ESPN took over...
            If you've been wanting to send someone a thumbs-down, opportunity knocks! I'm now on Cameo, and I'm ready to send a personalized thumbs-down to anyone you want!

Comment

• Originally posted by robardin View Post
              I dunno, a road trip to Boston is very difficult due to the size of Fenway Park and the frequency at which it sells out (100% for 700+ games and counting). On the other hand, a series against the Red Sox at Citi Field will be sure to be sellouts - as noted, a possible reason to renew ticket plans (including the maligned Sat / Sun / Weekend 15-game ones), assuming they don't label that series "Marquee" as well.
              I did the Fenway visit when the Mets played there back in '08, and it was really great. I love that ballpark, and plenty to do/see within walking distance. We walked to/from our hotel to the games. Tickets via SH weren't cheap, but it was worth it.

Comment

I suppose that means the Mets go to Tampa and/or Toronto too. They haven't played a regular season game on astroturf since June 25, 2006.
                StadiumPage.com
                Stadium Google Map

Comment

• Originally posted by StadiumPage View Post
                  I suppose that means the Mets go to Tampa and/or Toronto too. They haven't played a regular season game on astroturf since June 25, 2006.
                  June 28-30, 2010 They played on Fieldturf in Hiram Bithorn Stadium. But since you said Astroturf...
                  ------------
                  I have been to:

Citi Field, Shea, NYS, RYS, PNC, Fenway, AT&T, CBP, Rangers Ballpark, Minute Maid Park, Wrigley, Dodger Stadium, Angel Stadium of Anaheim, PETCO Park, Coors, Chase Field, Turner, Miami, [email protected], U.S.F., Comerica, Nationals Park, GABP, Progressive, Trop, Miller, Oakland-A C., Dolphin, RFK, Olympic Stadium, Metrodome

Comment

So , that means the Chisox will still be the only AL team never to come to Citi/Shea since interleague began?

How many times do we get stuck with teams like Baltimore?

Comment

• Originally posted by cringey View Post
                      June 28-30, 2010 They played on Fieldturf in Hiram Bithorn Stadium. But since you said Astroturf...
                      You're right. I forgot about that series.
                      StadiumPage.com
                      Stadium Google Map

Comment

• Question for other STH's if you have used the "Credit my team account" option on Stub Hub:

How long does it take to get the money from the Mets if you choose not to re-up and use the money for the next season?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralf View Post
                          Question for other STH's if you have used the "Credit my team account" option on Stub Hub:

How long does it take to get the money from the Mets if you choose not to re-up and use the money for the next season?
                          I'm going to guess, as long as it takes you to use the balance as credit towards ticket purchases... Or maybe as a gift card that you can also use for ballpark concessions and clubhouse merchandise. Only the Mets TO will tell you for sure, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by robardin View Post
                            I'm going to guess, as long as it takes you to use the balance as credit towards ticket purchases... Or maybe as a gift card that you can also use for ballpark concessions and clubhouse merchandise. Only the Mets TO will tell you for sure, though.
                            I'm not sure if you're just trying to spook me but I'm 99% sure they refund it if you don't re-up the following year. I remember someone here did this in the past. Just trying to figure out how long it takes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralf View Post
                              I'm not sure if you're just trying to spook me but I'm 99% sure they refund it if you don't re-up the following year. I remember someone here did this in the past. Just trying to figure out how long it takes.
                              I wasn't spooking, just being pessimistic or cynical. Good to hear it's been a non-issue in the past.

Comment

• That Red Sox trip to Queens next season isn't happening now. They'd rather have Red Sox - Cubs at Wrigley that weekend (Pencil that in for ESPN Sunday Night Baseball and Fox GotW). Mets are indeed going to Tampa. Full Schedule should be out within 24 hours.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X