Citi Field Tickets & Concessions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rjsallstars View Post

Funny, real good chance the guy implementing the plan and the guy giving away the tickets may be the biggest criminals of all. I would think a logical first step to get an answer to this question would be to call your ticket rep. Probably more knowledge than a forum of ticket holders.
    While I don't have a criminal record. the latest call from the "METS front office" was on 11/4 at 11:34 and the woman's intro was "Hi this is ##### again and I hope you haven't gotten sick of my voice". I swear , this one is saved on the machine. Who in their right mind would try to sell tickets with that line?

I get people enjoying going to sporting events, and baseball was my personal favorite to attend, but unless NYC traffic has a magic disappearing act, I'm done. For me Citi is by far the worst, followed by the Garden (well Nassau and even Barclays could be worse but I don't follow teams there)

The idea that criminals are 'bribed' to go to Mets games open up a lot of jokes, none of them good, about the Mets

Comment

• "Citi is the worst". Seriously? Have you been to Met Life? It's horrible. It's taken me 2 hours to get out of the parking lot. Citi Field is a walk in the park. No pun intended. I've never had an issue there. It empty's out to 3 highways and 2 train lines. Even when everyone leaves at once I haven't waited more than 15 min. to get out. Even Shea - with 15K more seats - was never that bad.
      Last edited by WillMissShea; 11-08-2019, 03:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WillMissShea View Post
        "Citi is the worst". Seriously? Have you been to Met Life? It's horrible. It's taken me 2 hours to get out of the parking lot. Citi Field is a walk in the park. No pun intended. I've never had an issue there. It empty's out to 3 highways and 2 train lines. Even when everyone leaves at once I haven't waited more than 15 min. to get out. Even Shea - with 15K more seats - was never that bad.
        Met Life a disaster. I made the mistake to buy tickets to 2 different Giants game this year. 1st game showed up at 10:30 for a 1 pm start and drove around for a 1/2 hour until I could find a spot without a car, tailgate party or empty chair saving that spot for someone else. It only cost me $35 to do that. Then sat in traffic for over an hour to get out of a parking lot where the road leading to the right was clear but I needed to make a left to get out. 2nd game I took the train by driving to Secaucus only to find the lot which usually costs a few bucks to park in marked up to $25 due to a "special event". I will go back to doing yardwork then turning the game on my TV from now on. Still like going to Citifield though, I know I must be crazy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mandrake View Post

While I don't have a criminal record. the latest call from the "METS front office" was on 11/4 at 11:34 and the woman's intro was "Hi this is ##### again and I hope you haven't gotten sick of my voice". I swear , this one is saved on the machine. Who in their right mind would try to sell tickets with that line?

I get people enjoying going to sporting events, and baseball was my personal favorite to attend, but unless NYC traffic has a magic disappearing act, I'm done. For me Citi is by far the worst, followed by the Garden (well Nassau and even Barclays could be worse but I don't follow teams there)

The idea that criminals are 'bribed' to go to Mets games open up a lot of jokes, none of them good, about the Mets
          You know, the person calling you is probably a pretty nice person who has made a bad career decision. For fun, you should answer the phone and give her a "brief" synopsis of your 10 plus years of thoughts about the Mets that you have expressed on these forums! You may be doing her a huge favor by making her recognize that she may want to start thinking about a career change.

Comment

I think PR wise it's the usual Mets disaster and makes them the butt of a joke. But in all honesty, I really don't see how this makes people feel "unsafe" to be at Mets games or at Citi Field. Do people think no one arrested for a crime has ever attended a Mets game before? What about when you're walking through the middle of Manhattan? Not to mention the amount of security and cops as well as staff on hand at games should basically squash any perceived fear.

You can think whatever you want of it politically but this really amounts to nothing more than the usual Mets joke. And I've seen complaints from plan holders about accused criminals getting tickets while they have to pay full price. I don't really know what to say to that because unless you've been living under a rock, basically everyone gets free or deeply discounted Mets tickets. Hell, I just got an email from the Mets the other day to complete a survey for 2 free tickets to a game early in the season.

Comment

Towards the end of the season, I got a cold call from the Mets. Lady on the phone mentioned she was originally from Michigan, and was a Tigers fan. She was chatting me up. Since it was slow at work, I played along. She asked me how long I've been going to games, when was the last time I was there, etc.. Eventually, she asked me where I usualy sit. I responded by rolling off my seat location. She had no idea I had a plan, and that I've had them for almost 25 years. I asked her what account number the docket was tied to, and it must have been: 1) The account number the Mets assigned to me when I added a Saturday Plan in 1999, or 2) tied to the group sale I used to do for four years or so around the same time period.

In the end, I apologized for wasting her time. She replied it wasn't a waste of her time. It wasn't her fault, she was just doing her job. Too bad I wasn't 20 years younger or I'd have asked her for her phone number...

20-Game Saturday Plan, Prom Box 423.

Comment

• Originally posted by WillMissShea View Post
                "Citi is the worst". Seriously? Have you been to Met Life? It's horrible. It's taken me 2 hours to get out of the parking lot. Citi Field is a walk in the park. No pun intended. I've never had an issue there. It empty's out to 3 highways and 2 train lines. Even when everyone leaves at once I haven't waited more than 15 min. to get out. Even Shea - with 15K more seats - was never that bad.
                For myself , living in Orange County , getting to Citi is the worst . I use different routes , have WAZE and other apps for traffic and it still always sucks getting there - usually not bad getting home . This season my wife and I had First Data seats for a 12 noon game vs the Giants . We left our house at 9am and pulled into Citi at 11:50 . We left Citi at 3 ( game had not ended but we were hoping to “beat traffic “ ( yeah right ) and reached home at 5:45 . We also went to a Dodgers game on Friday 9/13 . Yikes . We left hone at 3 pm and got to Citi at 6:40 pm. Going home only took 80 minutes which is decent .

3 to 3 1/2 hours from my house to get to Citi ! If I turned northwest instead I would be in Syracuse ! Southwest I would be in Hershey Park ! While my wife and I enjoyed the game , we both agreed it’s time to end the era of going to Mets games at half a century . ( I was planning on writing on that down the road )

I haven’t gone to a football game since the Giants NFC title game in Jan 2001 when they blew out the Vikings 41-0 . However I have been to many concerts at MetLife
                including events where I sat on a lounge chair outside when my daughter and her friends were inside for One Direction or Taylor Swift and I usually am able to get in and out in decent shape ( I’ve even parked at the track ).

Besides dealing with the two river crossings , up here we have to watch out for Woodbury Commons and their 13 million visitors ( expected to reach 20 million with new expansion plans ) . To top it off , our village of 7k people is about to get Legoland in July which is expecting to draw 2 million annually - even with a short 7-8 month schedule due to winter weather .

The easiest venue for me to go to is Yankee Stadium : Cross the Hudson at the Bear Mtn Bridge and take metro north to YS . My last time there was on my birthday in 2016 when I saw Kershaw pitch from the Legends seats . I figured I couldn’t top that so why bother going back . It’s like the football Giants ; I saw them won the NFC title and I never had a desire to go to a Super Bowl so why not go out at the mountain top .

I still enjoy sports - but I found it so much more enjoyable seeing the Mets in SD , the Yankees in Anaheim, ( Dodger Stadium traffic is even worse than NY) . Seeing the Pirates and Penguins in Pitt when my son was there , or the Sabres in Buffalo with my daughter there - the pleasures of life !

But no more Mets , Yankees , Giants , Jets , Devils or Islanders for me unless they are on the road somewhere . ( I forgot no Rangers at MSG either . Actually said no to a free ticket with 1879 club access
                - face of $1080.00)
                Last edited by mandrake; 11-10-2019, 09:04 AM.

Comment

For myself , living in Orange County , getting to Citi is the worst . I use different routes , have WAZE and other apps for traffic and it still always sucks getting there - usually not bad getting home . This season my wife and I had First Data seats for a 12 noon game vs the Giants . We left our house at 9am and pulled into Citi at 11:50 . We left Citi at 3 ( game had not ended but we were hoping to “beat traffic “ ( yeah right ) and reached home at 5:45 . We also went to a Dodgers game on Friday 9/13 . Yikes . We left hone at 3 pm and got to Citi at 6:40 pm. Going home only took 80 minutes which is decent .

3 to 3 1/2 hours from my house to get to Citi ! If I turned northwest instead I would be in Syracuse ! Southwest I would be in Hershey Park ! While my wife and I enjoyed the game , we both agreed it’s time to end the era of going to Mets games at half a century . ( I was planning on writing on that down the road )

I haven’t gone to a football game since the Giants NFC title game in Jan 2001 when they blew out the Vikings 41-0 . However I have been to many concerts at MetLife
                  including events where I sat on a lounge chair outside when my daughter and her friends were inside for One Direction or Taylor Swift and I usually am able to get in and out in decent shape ( I’ve even parked at the track ).

Besides dealing with the two river crossings , up here we have to watch out for Woodbury Commons and their 13 million visitors ( expected to reach 20 million with new expansion plans ) . To top it off , our village of 7k people is about to get Legoland in July which is expecting to draw 2 million annually - even with a short 7-8 month schedule due to winter weather .

The easiest venue for me to go to is Yankee Stadium : Cross the Hudson at the Bear Mtn Bridge and take metro north to YS . My last time there was on my birthday in 2016 when I saw Kershaw pitch from the Legends seats . I figured I couldn’t top that so why bother going back . It’s like the football Giants ; I saw them won the NFC title and I never had a desire to go to a Super Bowl so why not go out at the mountain top .

I still enjoy sports - but I found it so much more enjoyable seeing the Mets in SD , the Yankees in Anaheim, ( Dodger Stadium traffic is even worse than NY) . Seeing the Pirates and Penguins in Pitt when my son was there , or the Sabres in Buffalo with my daughter there - the pleasures of life !

But no more Mets , Yankees , Giants , Jets , Devils or Islanders for me unless they are on the road somewhere . ( I forgot no Rangers at MSG either . Actually said no to a free ticket with 1879 club access
                  - face of $1080.00)
                  Great post Drake. Avoid Citi at all costs on a Friday night. I am from Rockland so have it a little easier than you but I find TZ (will never call it the other name) Sprain/Bruckner/Whitestone/Van Wyck works best for me. I have a semi secret spot to park right off ramp from Van Wyck which gets me on GCP/Triboro/FDR/GWB/Palisades for the return and plays the tolls as right as you can in this area. Haven't spent as much time at Met Life but when I went to events there always tried to park near track to use Patterson Plank to 17N. The new parking passes restrict where you can park now so I got caught up in steerage (blast from the past term!) in the parking lot and could only exit via Rt. 3 which killed me.

Things change as your life changes and I can see how the same amount of money spent on a hotel, game in a nice stadium and civilized people makes sense compared to the ridiculous traffic and aggravation of the NY/NJ area.

Comment

• Citfield is still the easiest for me coming from Central Suffolk County. LIE is no issue, especially if I am driving with someone and we have the HOV lane.
                    BTW, I also got the survey to take for the two free tix. Does anyone know if they are having the coat drive? Me and my wife usually go, bring some coats, use the discount coupon in the Mets store, get two vouchers for four free tickets and go to Mamas for lunch.
                    I get asked almost every week to go to a Jets or Giants game but Giants stadium is what I stay away from figure 2.5 hours there and three hours plus home...cant do it anymore.
                    Rangers games are, for the most part, fine since I take the LIRR except for the last time I went when the Rangers offered me a pair of seats, a Q and A with Jeff Gordon before the game with open bar all for the purpose of getting me back with a ticket plan which I did not get roped into. Of course, that night the train breaks down and I get there just in time after giving an hour and a half travel leeway.
                    I agree its more fun to go see the Mets or Rangers on the road...later this week would have been a great Fla trip to see two Rangers games.
                    The Mets still have given up on me as I don't even get cold calls anymore.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X