Citi Field Tickets & Concessions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dstoffa View Post

I haven't done the accounting, but is he the only player involved who is no longer a player?
    Brian McCann. Not sure who else.

Comment

• Email out on Mets benefit selection. Begins January 28th in case anyone didn't receive the email.

Comment

• I e-mailed my rep to find out if this year we were going to be receiving an advance list of what's available. I'd like, and I think we'd all like, to be able to make an informed decision on what to prioritize, because some items are obviously going to go faster than others (*cough* anything signed by Pete Alonso *cough*). The only way I can do that is by knowing what all my choices are ahead of time.

My rep's response, in full: "No sir, I don’t even have access to that list. I love the way you think though."
        X
        What's THAT guy doing?
        - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

• I also contacted my rep to ask about the mid-winter Hot Stove Q&A session with the GM and others, an event for STHs that has been held for many years. She replied that this event will not be held this year. Another perk eliminated!

Comment

• Originally posted by johnql View Post
            I also contacted my rep to ask about the mid-winter Hot Stove Q&A session with the GM and others, an event for STHs that has been held for many years. She replied that this event will not be held this year. Another perk eliminated!
            Front office a bit busy now. "Cleanup on Aisle 5!" (Remarks aside, kudos to the Mets for doing the right thing.)
            Last edited by tugger; 01-16-2020, 11:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnql View Post
              I also contacted my rep to ask about the mid-winter Hot Stove Q&A session with the GM and others, an event for STHs that has been held for many years. She replied that this event will not be held this year. Another perk eliminated!
              This is the first time I've heard this. That is a real shame as I enjoyed going to it. If they think the Fan Fest is a substitute, its not.

Comment

• Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post
                If they think the Fan Fest is a substitute, its not.
                Speaking of the Fan Fest, I haven't seen anyone comment about it, but did anyone else get an e-mail offering them free admission? The e-mail was sent back in early December.

I'll be going, but I didn't buy the autograph package. (The autographs were not free, or even discounted - the fee was $25, just as it was for everyone.) I don't like that a) they're not telling you who the players are going to be, and b) if I'm understanding it correctly, the only thing they'll be signing is a poster - no personal items will be signed. The "they're only signing posters" thing is bad enough when it's a free cast signing at Comic Con, but when you have to pay for it, it makes it even worse - the poster will surely get banged up by the time you get it home, especially if, like me, you don't drive. So thumbs down on that part of the event, and as far as the rest of it, we'll see.

Is anyone else planning on going?

X
                What's THAT guy doing?
                - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post

Speaking of the Fan Fest, I haven't seen anyone comment about it, but did anyone else get an e-mail offering them free admission? The e-mail was sent back in early December.

I'll be going, but I didn't buy the autograph package. (The autographs were not free, or even discounted - the fee was $25, just as it was for everyone.) I don't like that a) they're not telling you who the players are going to be, and b) if I'm understanding it correctly, the only thing they'll be signing is a poster - no personal items will be signed. The "they're only signing posters" thing is bad enough when it's a free cast signing at Comic Con, but when you have to pay for it, it makes it even worse - the poster will surely get banged up by the time you get it home, especially if, like me, you don't drive. So thumbs down on that part of the event, and as far as the rest of it, we'll see.

Is anyone else planning on going?

Well I went and I thought it was fantastic.
                  The Town Hall with Gary, Keith and Ron, then Brodie and Luis Rojas, then Pete and Jake. After that various players like Dellin, Matz, Nimmo,

The tour of the SNY and radio booth, Mr. and Mrs. Met in the First Data Club. The clubhouse line was long to get in so we skipped it.
                  Mookie Wilson in the Mets museum, various players in the Foxwoods Club taking photos like Porcello, Sewald, Guillerme, Nido.

I saw Rosario from afar, missed Diaz, Lugo and Smith. We left around 3pm and it went to 6 so maybe others can fill in how the rest of the day went.

And my son said, hey there's the Thumbs Up guy!

Comment

The Town Hall with Gary, Keith and Ron, then Brodie and Luis Rojas, then Pete and Jake. After that various players like Dellin, Matz, Nimmo,

The tour of the SNY and radio booth, Mr. and Mrs. Met in the First Data Club. The clubhouse line was long to get in so we skipped it.
                    Mookie Wilson in the Mets museum, various players in the Foxwoods Club taking photos like Porcello, Sewald, Guillerme, Nido.

I saw Rosario from afar, missed Diaz, Lugo and Smith. We left around 3pm and it went to 6 so maybe others can fill in how the rest of the day went.

Seconded. I thought the players made the event with how accessible and friendly they were. A bit disorganized at the beginning with entry at 9:30 but that is to be expected with the first Fanfest.

Comment

I am glad you and your son enjoyed it. How were the lines? Was it ridiculously crowded? I will put it on my list for next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjsallstars View Post

I am glad you and your son enjoyed it. How were the lines? Was it ridiculously crowded? I will put it on my list for next year.
                        It got more crowded as the day went on. But people moved from the Delta Club to the Suites level to the Foxwoods club to JRR and Mets museum at their own pace. Need more elevators when staircase access is blocked.
                        The self guided tours of different areas flowed well.
                        There was a large crowd to get into players clubhouse and for batting cage swings. That we skipped.

My regret was not knowing the list of attendees. I figured deGrom and Alonso would be there because of the BBWAA dinner but didn’t realize how many players and prospects would attend and how accessible they were. Jeff McNeil was super friendly to the little kids and an older woman had Sewald in a death grip hug.

Since we left early I missed the session in Foxwoods on the new Mets. I believe Wacha, Porcello and Betances must have participated.

Also a nice perk for the prospects to attend.

Comment

• I'm glad that the event went well and that is was open to a wide audience. I'm disappointed, however, that management took the opportunity to remove yet another perk of being a STH by eliminating the Hot Stove evening for us.. Their explanation was that it was too complicated to arrange both. That's nonsense. One event required players, coordination of various activities, and movement throughout the stadium-I'm sure it did require a lot of planning. The Hot Stove evening needed 4-5 management people to show up and be in one room for less than an hour.

Comment

• Originally posted by pk99 View Post
                            I'm glad that the event went well and that is was open to a wide audience. I'm disappointed, however, that management took the opportunity to remove yet another perk of being a STH by eliminating the Hot Stove evening for us.. Their explanation was that it was too complicated to arrange both. That's nonsense. One event required players, coordination of various activities, and movement throughout the stadium-I'm sure it did require a lot of planning. The Hot Stove evening needed 4-5 management people to show up and be in one room for less than an hour.
                            I agree with you. They pretty much took all the STH perks and wrapped it into one day. I am happy that others got to appreciate it but for some STHs the perks are what makes it worthwhile to what is essentially investing in the team.

Comment

• How did everyone fare in the STH gift and event selection process? I noticed the events are so-so this year.

Comment

How did everyone fare in the STH gift and event selection process? I noticed the events are so-so this year.
                                I took a Pete Alonso ROY Bobble-head. I have no clue what summer availability will be for me, so "events" are not on my shopping list. The other gifts I was offered? I didn't need a Mets wool cap nor ball caps... So bobble-head it is...
                                20-Game Saturday Plan, Prom Box 423.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X