Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MrCubFan View Post
    It can't be easy, being a Mets fan.
    No more difficult than, say, wearing fiberglass underwear.

enhanced-buzz-32440-1361302230-6.jpg

https://metsmerizedonline.com/2019/0...was-easy.html/
    Put it in the books.

Comment

• Thank you all for your comments. I've only met a few of you in person but I feel like this is my Mets therapy group. In the end, we opted out. It just didn't make economic sense, and the joy of feeling like a member of a special club is gone. Plus two 70 year olds are not likely to want to sit with 40000 people next April unless some medical miracles occur. I expect to hear from my rep or from whoever is in charge next year, so who knows?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister B. View Post
        I would feel better if my "My Mets Tickets" account didn't show the full cost of all 2021 tickets as "scheduled payments" all set to hit the credit card beginning on August 14, when there should be no payments scheduled at all.

I know that they have a month to fix it, but it's just one more thing to keep an eye on because of the general uneasiness and distrust that accompanies doing business with these people.
        The opt-out date has passed, and I have the full credit ready to apply to 2021, yet the first credit card payment is still scheduled to occur on August 14.

Arguably, I could still request cash refunds and then pay them out over time, so they can't just apply the full credit against the full bill without consent.

Still, not gonna be happy if on August 14 I see a pending charge on the CC.

Comment

• Originally posted by milladrive View Post

No more difficult than, say, wearing fiberglass underwear.

enhanced-buzz-32440-1361302230-6.jpg

https://metsmerizedonline.com/2019/0...was-easy.html/
          The ought to have cutouts of these guys . . .

Comment

The opt-out date has passed, and I have the full credit ready to apply to 2021, yet the first credit card payment is still scheduled to occur on August 14.

Arguably, I could still request cash refunds and then pay them out over time, so they can't just apply the full credit against the full bill without consent.

Still, not gonna be happy if on August 14 I see a pending charge on the CC.
            It's corrected as of today. Nothing is due tomorrow and I have the full 20% credit in the account credit section of My Mets tickets.

Comment

• Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post

It's corrected as of today. Nothing is due tomorrow and I have the full 20% credit in the account credit section of My Mets tickets.
              Looks good, thanks LI.

In past years we'd first be getting the bill now. It feels odd to be all done.

The way things are going, I'm not confident that even eight months out, next April, fans will be attending these games.

Comment

• Originally posted by pk99 View Post
                Thank you all for your comments. I've only met a few of you in person but I feel like this is my Mets therapy group. In the end, we opted out. It just didn't make economic sense, and the joy of feeling like a member of a special club is gone. Plus two 70 year olds are not likely to want to sit with 40000 people next April unless some medical miracles occur. I expect to hear from my rep or from whoever is in charge next year, so who knows?
                Numerous reports worldwide indicate the virus has already gotten much weaker. Hang in there. By April, we might well see normality. Try to maintain your seating seniority. Mets organization might be looking better, too.

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Comment

• Originally posted by pk99 View Post
                  Thank you all for your comments. I've only met a few of you in person but I feel like this is my Mets therapy group. In the end, we opted out. It just didn't make economic sense, and the joy of feeling like a member of a special club is gone. Plus two 70 year olds are not likely to want to sit with 40000 people next April unless some medical miracles occur. I expect to hear from my rep or from whoever is in charge next year, so who knows?
                  I cannot blame you. My parents will be 90 this fall, and I love taking in games with them, but there is really no way that they'll go to a ball game any time soon, for not only COVID reasons but for general mobility reasons. They don't run the quarter-mile like they used to.

In the end, everyone needs to make their own decisions. I'd never question one taking their personal situation into account.

I have kept my tickets. I just got the email welcoming me back for 2021. Parents or not, I still enjoy going to games. The flexibility afforded season / partial ticket holders that has been bestowed (unused ticket exchange; future game exchange) makes, for me, buying a ticket plan much more palatable then when I was younger and had to pretty much go to every game that was in my plan.

I am certain you can always come back if you want to, and on your terms (date / location of choice).

Stay safe!
                  20-Game Saturday Plan, Prom Box 423.

Comment

Looks good, thanks LI.

In past years we'd first be getting the bill now. It feels odd to be all done.

The way things are going, I'm not confident that even eight months out, next April, fans will be attending these games.
                    The perpetual snow day must end some time...
                    20-Game Saturday Plan, Prom Box 423.

Comment

• To those that did not renew, I would be curious to know if your seats are available?

I ask as I would really like to move down a row or two.
                      I have pretty good seats and I suspect if anyone in the rows in front of me did not renew they are holding them either to
                      a) entice the non-renewers and/or
                      b) entice new buyers (who would be more enticed with seats in row X rather my X+1, X+2 at the same price)

Once again not giving any cares about old loyalty

Comment

• Originally posted by LGM View Post
                        To those that did not renew, I would be curious to know if your seats are available?

I ask as I would really like to move down a row or two.
                        I have pretty good seats and I suspect if anyone in the rows in front of me did not renew they are holding them either to
                        a) entice the non-renewers and/or
                        b) entice new buyers (who would be more enticed with seats in row X rather my X+1, X+2 at the same price)

Once again not giving any cares about old loyalty
                        In the wake of the previous time there was a "final date" for renewals (December 13, 2019), I got no calls from any reps about upgrades; and being as they have discontinued the "Select-A-Seat" program, things reverted to "you call us, or maybe we'll call you" business. (Why would they ever, ever call you cold and say "hey, you got row one seats!" when you've already paid to renew?)

That said, the released inventory in the wake of that renewal deadline WAS immediately visible online the next business day, that is, as of Monday December 16, around 9 or 10AM (as I mentioned at the time), so the inventory "they" see is in fact the same as what you see (or was, back then). Through my own vigilance I secured a good seat upgrade by seeing something online, putting it into my "shopping cart", and then calling 1-718-507-TIXX and going through the ticket plan sales people to secure them replacing the seats in my existing account. (Fortunately for me, it was a seating category upgrade from what I'd already renewed my plan for - they may have dragged their feet about a "downgrade".)

I fully expect if you want to see something better, that's what you'll have to do, and get the timing right as well. I'm sure they're shopping these locations, particularly the best ones, first to unrenewed plan holders, then to sales prospects for plan buyers (like trying to upgrade a 20-gamer to full seasons), and so on... No sucker like a past sucker, after all.
                        «Telle est la vie des hommes. Quelques joies, très vite effacées par d’inoubliables chagrins. Il n'est pas nécessaire de le dire aux enfants...» (Marcel Pagnol)

Comment

• As you said "I fully expect if you want to see something better, that's what you'll have to do, and get the timing right as well."

That is why i was curious if the non-renewers out there have seen their seats up for grabs. Trying figure out the real drop dead date. Trying to figure out how long they shop these seats for.

Having a real hard time believing EVERYONE in the two rows in front of me (same price point) renewed after all of this

Thanks for your guidance.

Comment

• If anyone is looking to move up. It appears that some seats are now available that were not for Full Season Plans (I did not look under others). I was able to move up a row as a result.

Comment

• Originally posted by LGM View Post
                              If anyone is looking to move up. It appears that some seats are now available that were not for Full Season Plans (I did not look under others). I was able to move up a row as a result.
                              Indeed, and some interesting (albeit row 4) locations in the innermost Prom Box price break sections have popped up that were not there the last time I looked last week... Section 410 and 419.

And other locations in more expensive areas too, except I'm not planning on jumping to them. Metro Box Bronze section 114 row 13, for example - I loved being down there from 2012-2016 but they're super-pricey now that they re-bronzed the category, and the added netting detracts from the experience it once gave.
                              «Telle est la vie des hommes. Quelques joies, très vite effacées par d’inoubliables chagrins. Il n'est pas nécessaire de le dire aux enfants...» (Marcel Pagnol)

Comment

• My condolences.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X