Citi Field Tickets & Concessions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on the Seaver Way bars:

I’m still not convinced McFadden’s isn’t just being used for temporary medical facilities, and will reopen under the same name/staff once the state/city no longer need the space.

Ebbs and Fountain (mostly seltzer), based out of Brooklyn and owned by a Wilpon was supposed to replace Mikkeller, but according to a Twitter conversation I saw last night, they seem to be concentrating their current efforts in their Brooklyn taproom before going forward with any plans for the space at Citi Field.

Suffice to say, it will be quite a while before either is back up and running in some form. Hopefully before max capacity is allowed again
    NY Sports Day Independent Gotham Sports Coverage
    Mets360 Mets Past, Present and Future
    Talking Mets Baseball. A baseball blog with a Mets bias

Comment

• Does anyone have any insight on rapid testing availability outside Citifield for tomorrow's opener? My son and I did get a PCR test yesterday but not sure if the results will be back by gametime? Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjsallstars View Post
        Does anyone have any insight on rapid testing availability outside Citifield for tomorrow's opener? My son and I did get a PCR test yesterday but not sure if the results will be back by gametime? Thanks in advance.
        The zoom yesterday confirmed no on-site rapid testing yet. It has to be an antigen rapid test. Most aren’t.
        Did you get the email yesterday called Safe at Citi? It has specific instructions on how to get the correct test. Look at that.

Comment

Does anyone have any insight on rapid testing availability outside Citifield for tomorrow's opener? My son and I did get a PCR test yesterday but not sure if the results will be back by gametime? Thanks in advance.
          Hi RJ . Last Tuesday I met my brother for a Rangers game at MSG . Since I had both vaccines at least 14
          days prior to the game , I took my vaccine card
          and also my Excelsior Pass which just loads
          the info on your phone . My brother only had one vaccine that qualified , the 2nd dose
          was only a week out so he had to get a same
          day test within 6 hrs of face off and he got the results within 30 minutes ( CVS 31st and Steinway in Astoria ).

MSG now has on site testing for $30. I wouldn’t understand why Citi Field wouldn’t do the same . At first MSG had testing across the street for an insane $250 put fans refused it , for good reason .

This link is MSG ; maybe the info would also work for Citi ? I know my brother did have to make an appointment but there were 120
          slots at that CVS location
          https://www.msg.com/reopening-faq

Comment

• I think the difference with MSG is just the scale. They have only 2,000 fans per game and can project how many of them would probably use the service (maybe a couple hundred?).

Mets are gonna have 8,000+ and if they estimate wrong, that's gonna get ugly.

Comment

• Originally posted by mandrake View Post

Hi RJ . Last Tuesday I met my brother for a Rangers game at MSG . Since I had both vaccines at least 14
              the info on your phone . My brother only had one vaccine that qualified , the 2nd dose
              day test within 6 hrs of face off and he got the results within 30 minutes ( CVS 31st and Steinway in Astoria ).

MSG now has on site testing for $30. I wouldn’t understand why Citi Field wouldn’t do the same . At first MSG had testing across the street for an insane $250 put fans refused it , for good reason .

This link is MSG ; maybe the info would also work for Citi ? I know my brother did have to make an appointment but there were 120

CitiField does indeed have a site as well which would give you results within 15 minutes for a $30 fee

https://www.docgo.com/citifield

There are actually plenty of seats available for the Phillies series and I'm on vacation next week, so I'm considering trying this for the Thursday afternoon game which should be a DeGrom start.

Comment

• Originally posted by mandrake View Post

Thanks for the help. My results and my son's PCR results came back in time so we are good, I think! I only have one vaccine shot and my son has not received any shots yet so the Excelsior Pass did not work. I did download it to see if my PCR would show up but it did not even though the PCR test was at a NYS testing site.I will print both copies of the results and bring them to the game today.

Long story short, I am finding it not worth the hassle to go see a game. Opening day is special, but I definitely will not go through this hassle again. Anyone interested in weekend games in section 330, 2 seats PM me.

Comment

• Originally posted by SI Metman View Post

CitiField does indeed have a site as well which would give you results within 15 minutes for a $30 fee

https://www.docgo.com/citifield

There are actually plenty of seats available for the Phillies series and I'm on vacation next week, so I'm considering trying this for the Thursday afternoon game which should be a DeGrom start.
                  Thanks for the link, great information. You know more than my rep! He told me there were no rapid tests at Citi. I am not sure the exact location of this site but I did tell him I was not going to drive all over Queens to get a test.

Comment

Thanks for the help. My results and my son's PCR results came back in time so we are good, I think! I only have one vaccine shot and my son has not received any shots yet so the Excelsior Pass did not work. I did download it to see if my PCR would show up but it did not even though the PCR test was at a NYS testing site.I will print both copies of the results and bring them to the game today.

Long story short, I am finding it not worth the hassle to go see a game. Opening day is special, but I definitely will not go through this hassle again. Anyone interested in weekend games in section 330, 2 seats PM me.
                    Other than opening day, which I’ll willingly go thru a rapid test for, hard to say it’s worth it.

In my immediate family we’ll all be 14 days removed by the second homestand of the season. Which should coincide with better weather. Then I’ll go frequently, particularly with bonus credit for parking and food/beverage.

Comment

• All in all not that bad of an experience. Some takaways;

1. Rapid test tent in lot normally reserved for buses near Whitestone Expressway across from entrance to main parking lot.

2. No issue with paper proof of COVID test. Quick process, show COVID status, have temperature taken and proceed as usual through security

3. No food offerings in clubs, Piazza Club (Caesars) and Promenade. Could walk through Piazza Club.

4. Some food Kiosks were not opened but still decent selection of food. Blue Smoke was closed when I walked by about an hour before gametime.

5. They were having a lot of issues with the concession credit app. Went to the food concession 3 times. 1st time the lady was not sure it went through but let us take our food. 2nd time the guy told me the app was not working and I paid with credit and the 3rd time another lady knew it did not work but decided to split the difference. She gave me the pretzel for free but I had to pay for the soda with a credit card! Seemed fair to me!

6. Everybody was friendly and seemed happy to be back at work. Nice to be back but nothing like the atmosphere of a "normal" opening day.

Comment

• on at the ballpark app-My Citi card credit worked right away so I used it. The STH bonus credit did not work at the start of the game but was working fine by the 5th inning. I grabbed a Rep who was walking by and he said I’m not the first person who stopped him about the STH bonus credit.
                        I told him as long as the Citi credit was working I’d use that first.

Glad it’s corrected/activated now.

Comment

• Should be noted that Ebbs beer is being sold at Citi, and the cans are indicated that they are probably being brewed and canned in the space that Mikkeller was.
                          NY Sports Day Independent Gotham Sports Coverage
                          Mets360 Mets Past, Present and Future
                          Talking Mets Baseball. A baseball blog with a Mets bias

Comment

Vaccine passports and a cashless ballpark, eh?

Hmmm. Looks like things have progressed beyond the metal detectors and whole body searches now.

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mongoose View Post

Vaccine passports and a cashless ballpark, eh?

Hmmm. Looks like things have progressed beyond the metal detectors and whole body searches now.
                              Yep, I feel the same way. I will do you one better. You do not have access to your tickets until 24 hours before the game! For some reason(wink, wink) barcodes are not generated into your ballpark app until 24 hours before gametime.

The experiment of just how far can we control "fanatics" continues.

Comment

Yep, I feel the same way. I will do you one better. You do not have access to your tickets until 24 hours before the game! For some reason(wink, wink) barcodes are not generated into your ballpark app until 24 hours before gametime.

The experiment of just how far can we control "fanatics" continues.
                                I personally think this will lead to much stricter resales for all tickets , not just MLB teams and not only the Mets. For years, the best tickets at concerts have had ridiculous prices that were blamed on “resell research” where face value prices were based on what the resale value was thought to be .

How many people will purchase season tickets if
                                reselling was either very limited or non existent ?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X