Citi Field Tickets & Concessions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nickyrods19 View Post
    So Kyle called today…Have to be honest, he was very nice and accomodating. He approved the switch to the weekday plan and I’m all set
    Always nice to hear about a good result.

Sad that we are conditioned to be surprised at a good result.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe B View Post

Wonder if they read this forum. He could have told the rep immediately to give it to you.
      Maybe it is some kind of sales tactic. The benevolent sales manager. Out of character for him.
      Funny you say this. About 4-5 years ago my rep (not in that office anymore) told me he read this board.. I wouldn’t be surprised if they do..

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister B. View Post

Always nice to hear about a good result.

Sad that we are conditioned to be surprised at a good result.
        I suspect that an uptick in "good results" with ticket office reps with a history of "bad results" have a direct correlation with a team coming off of a season where they spent most of it in first place, and were given a 90+% chance of making the playoffs at the end of July, but ended up below .500 and in third place (again)

«Telle est la vie des hommes. Quelques joies, très vite effacées par d’inoubliables chagrins. Il n'est pas nécessaire de le dire aux enfants...» (Marcel Pagnol)

Comment

• Originally posted by robardin View Post

I suspect that an uptick in "good results" with ticket office reps with a history of "bad results" have a direct correlation with a team coming off of a season where they spent most of it in first place, and were given a 90+% chance of making the playoffs at the end of July, but ended up below .500 and in third place (again)
          There's always been an inverse correlation between how pleasant the team is, and how pleasant the ticket office is.

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Comment

• Did anyone have the opportunity to take batting practice at Citi Field yesterday? I could not make it but would have liked to go. Perks like that are one reason to be a STH. I am glad they did it and hope for more once we can feel safe once we return to what is called "normal".

Comment

• Originally posted by rjsallstars View Post
              Did anyone have the opportunity to take batting practice at Citi Field yesterday? I could not make it but would have liked to go. Perks like that are one reason to be a STH. I am glad they did it and hope for more once we can feel safe once we return to what is called "normal".
              I don’t know what you’re referring to. I’m guessing it was only offered to a certain number of people.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjsallstars View Post
                Did anyone have the opportunity to take batting practice at Citi Field yesterday?
                I got a call from my rep inviting me to take part, but I had to say no because the New York Comic Con was this weekend. I've gone every year since it began in 2006.

If you've been wanting to send someone a thumbs-down, opportunity knocks! I'm now on Cameo, and I'm ready to send a personalized thumbs-down to anyone you want!

Comment

• Originally posted by mandrake View Post
                  Anyway , I feel your pain with the ticket offices . When the Jets up and moved from Shea , my parents had 2 seats that they loved ( out of 8 in the row ) and over the course of 1964-1983 , Row E became friends with the other rows in Loge 32 . This section was very well behaved and self policed . No squatters , no drunks , no smoking pot , no hassling fans of other teams that somehow acquired a ticket . Well when the move to Giants Stadium happened in 1984 , the ticket office broke the section up all over the stadium . My dad still had his 2 of the 8 with his FDNY buddies in the same row , but they hated the seats . The ticket rep was so condescending and untruthful when they went to complain and he just told them “ we have over 10k on the waiting list , so take what we give you or leave “. My dad and his friends left empty handed . Many of the people in the former section 32 were cops and firemen ; most of them served in WWII or Korea or even early Vietnam . My dad said he had to get some of the guys out of there before they wiped out the ticket office . Some time later someone else who had worked for the Jets admitted that they wanted to get rid of the demographic of the 40 and 50 year old guys who didn’t drink as much , ( this was also the start of grown men in their 20’s wearing football jerseys ) who stand for most of the game , and who love to tailgate . Shea didn’t have tailgating . I bring this up because someone posted that they were 65 and the Mets ticket rep talked down to them .

Some things never change
                  Your experience with the Jets back then is no different from the Rural Purge in the late 60's / early 70's with TV. There was a reason why CBS cancelled Hee-Haw, Petticoat Junction, Gomer Pyle, the Ed Sullivan Show, Green Acres, and the like, and put on All in the Family, Mary Tyler Moore, Maude, and the rest... While those shows had good ratings, the demographics skewed older, and advertisers realized their ad dollars weren't getting them the sales they were expecting... As you age, your spending habits firm up, and you're less susceptible to ads. CBS wanted younger demos. This was also around the time that the New Year's Eve flag was passed from Guy Lombardo to Dick Clark...

If football is a business, they're going to want customers who spend more money... So yes indeed, some things never change.
                  20-Game Saturday Plan, Prom Box 423.

Comment

• Originally posted by nickyrods19 View Post
                    So Kyle called today…Have to be honest, he was very nice and accommodating. He approved the switch to the weekday plan and I’m all set
                    Awesome!

I am glad that sanity prevailed.
                    Out of curiosity, did you check to see if your old seats sold?

Comment

• Originally posted by dstoffa View Post

Awesome!

I am glad that sanity prevailed.
                      Out of curiosity, did you check to see if your old seats sold?
                      Old seats are still there.. Doesn’t look like much movement in the sales department.. Maybe a new gm or a few off season signings will spark some interest.. we’ll see..

Comment

• Originally posted by dstoffa View Post

Your experience with the Jets back then is no different from the Rural Purge in the late 60's / early 70's with TV. There was a reason why CBS cancelled Hee-Haw, Petticoat Junction, Gomer Pyle, the Ed Sullivan Show, Green Acres, and the like, and put on All in the Family, Mary Tyler Moore, Maude, and the rest... While those shows had good ratings, the demographics skewed older, and advertisers realized their ad dollars weren't getting them the sales they were expecting... As you age, your spending habits firm up, and you're less susceptible to ads. CBS wanted younger demos. This was also around the time that the New Year's Eve flag was passed from Guy Lombardo to Dick Clark...

If football is a business, they're going to want customers who spend more money... So yes indeed, some things never change.
                        Very astute observation and I believe it is right on the mark . ( Beverly Hillbillies , Mayberry RFD , or as
                        Ken Berry stated ‘anything with a tree’)

I think the Jets in 1984 did weed out the old timers and they wanted a new and different crowd . My parents asked me if I wanted their tickets and I declined . It was too much of a hassle to travel from Queens to Giants Stadium every Sunday . Besides we had the Mets Sunday plan and in 1985-1990 they were exciting and there was a legit playoff possibility .

I think I went to about 3-4 Jets games 1998-2000 but it was never the same for me and I don’t miss it at all . I did see the Bills in Buffalo four weeks ago and had fun , but not something I want to do weekly .

Comment

• Originally posted by mandrake View Post

I think the Jets in 1984 did weed out the old timers and they wanted a new and different crowd . My parents asked me if I wanted their tickets and I declined . It was too much of a hassle to travel from Queens to Giants Stadium every Sunday . Besides we had the Mets Sunday plan and in 1985-1990 they were exciting and there was a legit playoff possibility .

I think I went to about 3-4 Jets games 1998-2000 but it was never the same for me and I don’t miss it at all . I did see the Bills in Buffalo four weeks ago and had fun , but not something I want to do weekly .
                          It's still a hassle, but at least it didn't cost you a king's ransom.

It used to cost only time. Now it costs not only time, but a fortune in tolls and parking, not to mention the shekles needed to buy tickets nowadays. Their pricing (along with the help of the MTA and the PANYNJ) make a very convincing case just to stay home.

Comment

• Please try to keep things on topic, guys.
                            Put it in the books.

Comment

• Ok ! Thanks for the reminder

Comment

• Live nation is charging more for aisle seats at Jones Beach. They call it preferred seats. Other events and arenas Ticketmaster just calls it aisle seats and charges more. I wonder if the Mets will do this at some point like they did for front row seats. Miss the old box seats at Shea. Hate the long rows at Citi.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X