No announcement yet.

Citi Field Tickets & Concessions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check your e-mails. Mets asking plan holders to pick something.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe B View Post
      Check your e-mails. Mets asking plan holders to pick something.
      Got it. First time I recall it separated into 4 categories.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe B View Post
        Live nation is charging more for aisle seats at Jones Beach. They call it preferred seats. Other events and arenas Ticketmaster just calls it aisle seats and charges more. I wonder if the Mets will do this at some point like they did for front row seats. Miss the old box seats at Shea. Hate the long rows at Citi.
        Eliminating box seats allows for a larger seating capacity with the same footprint. All those extra aisles add up over time...

20-Game Saturday Plan, Prom Box 423.

Comment

• Originally posted by dstoffa View Post

Eliminating box seats allows for a larger seating capacity with the same footprint. All those extra aisles add up over time...
          Coupon Field has a much bigger footprint than Shea, and way less seating. Box seats were another gracious convenience that vanished, in favor of private clubs, more luxury boxes, more retail, etc.

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mongoose View Post

Coupon Field has a much bigger footprint than Shea, and way less seating. Box seats were another gracious convenience that vanished, in favor of private clubs, more luxury boxes, more retail, etc.
            While I thought what I typed was clear, it appears not.

Concourses, clubs, and luxury boxes aside... Having box seats, and the rows that go between them, consume area of the seating bowl that can be used to put in more seats.

Shea could have seated an extra 3500 people in the seating bowl (outside the Field Level) if every other aisle down to the "A" boxes in the Loge, Mezz, and Upper Deck were replaced with a pair of seats, and the seating converted to row / reserved seating instead of box seating. This is based on 4 rows of box seats in the Loge (A & B boxes), and 6 rows of box seats in the mezzanine and upper deck (A, B, & C boxes), and the number of sections of reserved seating in each level (31 in the loge and mezz; 48 in the upper deck). (I think there were more aisles in loge/mezzanine box seats than reserved sections, but this is a good estimate for this discussion.). I imagine this could be refined further to get that number up to 4000. If we eliminated the aisles in the field boxes, I am sure they could have stuffed in at least extra 1000 seats, if not more.

The point I am making is, that old-school box seats require aisles that consume seating bowl area that can be used for more seats.

No new ballpark that I know of has old-school box-type seats.

And besides, did you ever go with a friend to the day-of-game ticket sales at Shea, and buy two boix seats... They guy in the booth gives you seats 3 and 4, and you think they're next to each other, but you end up in a six-seater box, and realize that you are separated by a row and two seats? Box seats have their drawbacks... They were made for even-numbered groups (2, 4, 6, 8). Reserve-style seating allows more options.

No way was CitiField going to have box-type seating like Shea did.
            20-Game Saturday Plan, Prom Box 423.

Comment

• Originally posted by dstoffa View Post

While I thought what I typed was clear, it appears not.

Concourses, clubs, and luxury boxes aside... Having box seats, and the rows that go between them, consume area of the seating bowl that can be used to put in more seats.

Shea could have seated an extra 3500 people in the seating bowl (outside the Field Level) if every other aisle down to the "A" boxes in the Loge, Mezz, and Upper Deck were replaced with a pair of seats, and the seating converted to row / reserved seating instead of box seating. This is based on 4 rows of box seats in the Loge (A & B boxes), and 6 rows of box seats in the mezzanine and upper deck (A, B, & C boxes), and the number of sections of reserved seating in each level (31 in the loge and mezz; 48 in the upper deck). (I think there were more aisles in loge/mezzanine box seats than reserved sections, but this is a good estimate for this discussion.). I imagine this could be refined further to get that number up to 4000. If we eliminated the aisles in the field boxes, I am sure they could have stuffed in at least extra 1000 seats, if not more.

The point I am making is, that old-school box seats require aisles that consume seating bowl area that can be used for more seats.

No new ballpark that I know of has old-school box-type seats.

And besides, did you ever go with a friend to the day-of-game ticket sales at Shea, and buy two boix seats... They guy in the booth gives you seats 3 and 4, and you think they're next to each other, but you end up in a six-seater box, and realize that you are separated by a row and two seats? Box seats have their drawbacks... They were made for even-numbered groups (2, 4, 6, 8). Reserve-style seating allows more options.

No way was CitiField going to have box-type seating like Shea did.
              Sitting on the aisle is less attractive now because you have 11 of your new found friends climbing over you to get out of the row. Such was not the case with box seats. You are correct, they will never come back, but that does not mean they were not beneficial to positive in person experience.

Comment

• What I never liked about the Field boxes at Shea was the bars separating the boxes that ran down the sides of the seats. They took arm room away from the poor souls who had to sit next to them.

(Photo taken 4/10/08)

(Photo taken 9/27/07)
                X

Comment

• The added seats on the field always cracked me up. All fields did it in the day for playoffs or all star games. Some were well built, some not.

I always wondered how the teams informed the folks who had front row seats all year now had seats not in the front row anymore. I'd be pissed if I had those seats.

I think they remained at Shea for the final few seasons. They had the same ones for the 86 WS. Guess they had them in storage.

Mets did it at City Field too:
                  Last edited by Matt The Hammer; 11-17-2021, 11:26 AM.

Comment

• Tell me about it...

(10/31/15)

(7/16/13)

(7/16/13)

Originally posted by Matt The Hammer View Post
                    I always wondered how the teams informed the folks who had front row seats all year now had seats not in the front row anymore. I'd be pissed if I had those seats.
                    So would I... especially if they charged me a super-mega-ultra premium price for Row 1 because those seats are now classified as Platinum.

Last edited by Gary Dunaier; 11-17-2021, 09:28 PM.
                    X

Comment

• Way back in the day I think they'd put people on the field in front of the leftfield fence at Crosley when they wanted to squeeze in more folks - a ball that cleared just the temp fence would be a double I think ... It was a big deal when they added permanent seats at Dodger Stadium and long-time seat holders now had an extra 5 or 6 more rows in front of them - even though they were still the same distance from the action on the field ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt The Hammer View Post
                        The added seats on the field always cracked me up. All fields did it in the day for playoffs or all star games. Some were well built, some not.

I think they remained at Shea for the final few seasons. They had the same ones for the 86 WS. Guess they had them in storage.

Mets did it at City Field too:

I remember Radio personality Mike Francesa complaining that people were now sitting in front of his Front Row seat in the 2015 Post-Season. I made it more amicable to Mike because the "fans" sitting directly in front of him were Joe Torre and Jim Leyland.

I recall in the middle innings of game 7 of the 1986 WS front row spectators reaching for a souvenir baseball plunged onto the muddy warning track when the temporary retaining fence gave way.

More significantly, the Mets built temporary seating in left field during the 1969 WS. These seats were apparently made available to injured Vietnam service members. This is apparent in photographs of Tommie Agee's catch of a long drive off the bat of Paul Blair at the 396 foot marker.

Comment

• Originally posted by tugger View Post
                          Way back in the day I think they'd put people on the field in front of the leftfield fence at Crosley when they wanted to squeeze in more folks
                          Here's a page from the 1906 Cubs World Series program showing a large crowd during a game against New York (8/18/1906, attendance 26,000).

What struck me were the fans standing on the field, in front of the seats. That's got to have adversely affected the views of those in the first row of seats. Can't imagine the view was any better for the standees in the back of the crowd...

X

Comment

• Originally posted by sheagoodbye1010 View Post
                            the Mets built temporary seating in left field during the 1969 WS. These seats were apparently made available to injured Vietnam service members.
                            Here are a couple of fantasy 1970 Topps cards with photos of the 1969 World Series that have good views of the temporary bleachers.

(Source: "Mets Baseball Cards Like They Ought To Be")

X

Comment

• So, someone I know who had fallen off of the Mets season ticket holder wagon since the pandemic (was last a STH in 2019) just jumped back in shortly after the news of the Max Scherzer signing...

He asked me what the current state of full season STH perks were, as he couldn't find it on the Mets website any more. That's where I'd always referred to in the past, instead of some email or other; but indeed, that entire section of the Mets website is gone, listing the perks for becoming a new STH or a renewing one by such-and-such a date.

For that matter, the section of "season ticket plans" is gone, too - it's now called "season memberships": for a full season, half season, 20-game, or Delta Share "memberships".

While you can still browse and buy locations for the various ticket plans - excuse me, "memberships" - in an interactive seating chart, there is a pop-up stipulating that it's not final until a rep gets back to you, and as for any kind of perks/benefits, there's just an inquiry form to fill out and "a rep will get back to you".

Does this mean they're planning to start staggering benefits? I mean, what's the point of obscuring benefits which are meant to attract and to retain customers, unless you were planning on varying or striping such things based on "hidden" criteria like how much you spend, how long you've been a "member", that kind of thing (not strictly based on plan type and seat location)?
                              «Telle est la vie des hommes. Quelques joies, très vite effacées par d’inoubliables chagrins. Il n'est pas nécessaire de le dire aux enfants...» (Marcel Pagnol)

Comment

• Originally posted by robardin View Post
                                So, someone I know who had fallen off of the Mets season ticket holder wagon since the pandemic (was last a STH in 2019) just jumped back in shortly after the news of the Max Scherzer signing...

He asked me what the current state of full season STH perks were, as he couldn't find it on the Mets website any more. That's where I'd always referred to in the past, instead of some email or other; but indeed, that entire section of the Mets website is gone, listing the perks for becoming a new STH or a renewing one by such-and-such a date.

For that matter, the section of "season ticket plans" is gone, too - it's now called "season memberships": for a full season, half season, 20-game, or Delta Share "memberships".

While you can still browse and buy locations for the various ticket plans - excuse me, "memberships" - in an interactive seating chart, there is a pop-up stipulating that it's not final until a rep gets back to you, and as for any kind of perks/benefits, there's just an inquiry form to fill out and "a rep will get back to you".

Does this mean they're planning to start staggering benefits? I mean, what's the point of obscuring benefits which are meant to attract and to retain customers, unless you were planning on varying or striping such things based on "hidden" criteria like how much you spend, how long you've been a "member", that kind of thing (not strictly based on plan type and seat location)?
                                I was curious also. Pulled up my last email from my Rep and it said it was time to pick my membership experience from the four choices. I viewed it as personalizing it to the season ticket holders preferences. You always got a STH perk or two, not unlimited.
                                But you’re right. I’m a longtime ticket holder, how do they attract new people?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X