Citi Field Tickets & Concessions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post

I was curious also. Pulled up my last email from my Rep and it said it was time to pick my membership experience from the four choices. I viewed it as personalizing it to the season ticket holders preferences. You always got a STH perk or two, not unlimited.
    But you’re right. I’m a longtime ticket holder, how do they attract new people?
    I haven't picked mine... Not really a big thing for me.

But Plans became Memberships when they moved to the "auto-renew" feature a season-or-two ago... When you sign up to auto-renew with an opt-out in August, tied to retail vs member pricing for your playoff strips.

Yankees do this, too. So do the (NY) Rangers...

In September, when a rep was walking a new customer through some locations, even in person, the new customer had to sign something and be read legal paperwork (probably the auto-renew, and the 'you can't sue us for Covid' legal disclaimers...) until their buy was official... So that is what the "we'll get back to you" is all about.
    20-Game Saturday Plan, Prom Box 423.

Comment

• I think that the main perks of buying in bulk are supposed to be the discounts built into the pricing as well as standard stuff like dedicated reps, early entry, ticket vouchers, club access, VIP entry and the like which vary by plan type and seat location. Renewal incentives such as the Citi gift cards up the ante a bit. I don't really think that there is anything sinister going on by being vague on the website. More like them being lazy / sloppy.

What I did not like was them sending out the renewal packages at 5PM on a Friday afternoon in August, which I think was intentionally designed to quietly start the 30-day opt-out clock when people were least likely to be paying attention. They did it again later on when plan-holders (just FST? not sure) were supposed to choose a size for a quarter-zip pullover shirt. 5PM on a Friday. Missed the e-mail? No shirt for you. So petty and cheap.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister B. View Post
        I think that the main perks of buying in bulk are supposed to be the discounts built into the pricing as well as standard stuff like dedicated reps, early entry, ticket vouchers, club access, VIP entry and the like which vary by plan type and seat location. Renewal incentives such as the Citi gift cards up the ante a bit. I don't really think that there is anything sinister going on by being vague on the website. More like them being lazy / sloppy.

What I did not like was them sending out the renewal packages at 5PM on a Friday afternoon in August, which I think was intentionally designed to quietly start the 30-day opt-out clock when people were least likely to be paying attention. They did it again later on when plan-holders (just FST? not sure) were supposed to choose a size for a quarter-zip pullover shirt. 5PM on a Friday. Missed the e-mail? No shirt for you. So petty and cheap.

I think they send it out 5PM Friday to not have to answer the phone. They hope you forget about it by Monday. Also to start the clock on 30 days.

Comment

• Originally posted by robardin View Post
          So, someone I know who had fallen off of the Mets season ticket holder wagon since the pandemic (was last a STH in 2019) just jumped back in shortly after the news of the Max Scherzer signing...

He asked me what the current state of full season STH perks were, as he couldn't find it on the Mets website any more. That's where I'd always referred to in the past, instead of some email or other; but indeed, that entire section of the Mets website is gone, listing the perks for becoming a new STH or a renewing one by such-and-such a date.

For that matter, the section of "season ticket plans" is gone, too - it's now called "season memberships": for a full season, half season, 20-game, or Delta Share "memberships".

While you can still browse and buy locations for the various ticket plans - excuse me, "memberships" - in an interactive seating chart, there is a pop-up stipulating that it's not final until a rep gets back to you, and as for any kind of perks/benefits, there's just an inquiry form to fill out and "a rep will get back to you".

Does this mean they're planning to start staggering benefits? I mean, what's the point of obscuring benefits which are meant to attract and to retain customers, unless you were planning on varying or striping such things based on "hidden" criteria like how much you spend, how long you've been a "member", that kind of thing (not strictly based on plan type and seat location)?
          Speaking with Kyle a couple of years ago, he told me that a ticket plan was basically a time share. He said his family had a Disney vacation club membership when he was growing up and he felt a ticket plan was kind of like that. Maybe he had input. Saying a combination of bad used car salesman and game show host about Kyle was funny and accurate. For a young kid he speaks down to you like he is superior.

Comment

• I just locked up full season tickets for Excelsior level directly behind home, dead center, first row. I’m shocked those seats were even available. Never ever seen anything behind home on the Excelsior level ever available before, and I check all the time. Does anyone else ever recall section 319 or either side of that section ever available before for row 1’s?

I’m super happy to get those seats. Think Cohen will be a great owner for the fans with spending and actually caring what our next interests are. He’s a little quirky, but that’s what you want in an owner. Better than the cheap stiffs we had in there before.

Also, does anyone know how well SH resale is for 319 row 1? I remember selling my 322’s years ago and being annoyed that just 3 sections to my right seats were selling for much more at the same price point.

Comment

• Originally posted by nickyrods19 View Post

Just an update. They will not let me switch to the weekday plan in the same section because the seats are $100 cheaper making them a ‘downgrade’. Asked to speak to a supervisor and they scheduled one to cal me on wednesday. Can’t believe they are treating a 15 year plan holder this way.. Does anyone have any thoughts on trying to cancel the plan at this stage all together and getting a refund? Is there any recourse I can take with my credit card company? Any opinions would be greatly appreciated..
              Tell your rep you will pay the $100 difference essentially NOT making them a downgrade. See what he says then.

Comment

• Originally posted by PeteyNYC View Post
                I just locked up full season tickets for Excelsior level directly behind home, dead center, first row. I’m shocked those seats were even available. Never ever seen anything behind home on the Excelsior level ever available before, and I check all the time. Does anyone else ever recall section 319 or either side of that section ever available before for row 1’s?

I’m super happy to get those seats. Think Cohen will be a great owner for the fans with spending and actually caring what our next interests are. He’s a little quirky, but that’s what you want in an owner. Better than the cheap stiffs we had in there before.

Also, does anyone know how well SH resale is for 319 row 1? I remember selling my 322’s years ago and being annoyed that just 3 sections to my right seats were selling for much more at the same price point.
                Congrats! They were probably available due to higher row 1 prices for 2022, now Excelsior Gold. Previous owner may have moved back. And you had perfect timing. I believe resale in 319 row 1 will be good. People love to be in the first row.

I’m in Excelsior Silver now. Just under overhang which also sells well if rainy weather or if someone needs to stay out of the sun.

Also fun to turn around and see Gary, Keith and Ron behind you. There’s also a small suite to the right of the SNY booth where the GM or Sandy may sit.

Comment

• The row 1’s aren’t even that much more. Would be surprised someone would give up those seats for a fraction on the dollar increase.

My seats are literally dead center not only for the section, but for the entire park as well. Crazy. The rails in from of me start right at my seats and then go toward left & right fields. Lol

I never knew about that suite, will look out for it next year!

Now all we need is this lockout to end and Kris Bryant to become a Met! That and some bullpen help and another starter. Lol

Comment

I just locked up full season tickets for Excelsior level directly behind home, dead center, first row. I’m shocked those seats were even available. Never ever seen anything behind home on the Excelsior level ever available before, and I check all the time. Does anyone else ever recall section 319 or either side of that section ever available before for row 1’s?

Yes, I had section 319 row 1 #8-9 for a full season location in 2019, after years of thinking it was perfect. (Is that what you got? I noticed it came up for sale again as well a week or two ago.) And it is really nice, but overpriced (or was, in 2019) - and that was before they added the row 1 surcharge.

It all depends on how good the team is, but those midweek games did not hold value for most of the year. Of course no location in the ballpark will for a lot of those, most likely, because in general midweek games in the Spring - and then in September if the Mets are not in a playoff picture (which they haven't been since 2016) it's a race to the dump.

While the excellent location will guarantee the ticket do sell, they will not likely get you back face value net of StubHub fees.

I ended up using 20 games of the full season package and taking about a $500 loss net on the year for them, which would have been easily worth it had the Mets made a playoff run, but they didn't.

More to the point, I already had a similar location in the Excelsior level, 326 row 2, that I decided was say 85% as good as 319 row 1 while far more affordable (and in 2019, actually profitable). So I kept 326/2 and let 319/1 go.

And with pandemic fears still depressing ballpark attendance (or so it seemed in 2021, though the Mets being putrid in July-September after deGrom went down for the season makes it harder to gauge), I'd worry it's still a buyer's market.

I think a lot of people bought ticket packages for 2021 anticipating a great season plus pent-up demand, and struck out on both fronts. Here's to hoping 2022 is a different story.
                    «Telle est la vie des hommes. Quelques joies, très vite effacées par d’inoubliables chagrins. Il n'est pas nécessaire de le dire aux enfants...» (Marcel Pagnol)

Comment

• Originally posted by robardin View Post

Yes, I had section 319 row 1 #8-9 for a full season location in 2019, after years of thinking it was perfect. (Is that what you got? I noticed it came up for sale again as well a week or two ago.) And it is really nice, but overpriced (or was, in 2019) - and that was before they added the row 1 surcharge.

It all depends on how good the team is, but those midweek games did not hold value for most of the year. Of course no location in the ballpark will for a lot of those, most likely, because in general midweek games in the Spring - and then in September if the Mets are not in a playoff picture (which they haven't been since 2016) it's a race to the dump.

While the excellent location will guarantee the ticket do sell, they will not likely get you back face value net of StubHub fees.

I ended up using 20 games of the full season package and taking about a $500 loss net on the year for them, which would have been easily worth it had the Mets made a playoff run, but they didn't.

More to the point, I already had a similar location in the Excelsior level, 326 row 2, that I decided was say 85% as good as 319 row 1 while far more affordable (and in 2019, actually profitable). So I kept 326/2 and let 319/1 go.

And with pandemic fears still depressing ballpark attendance (or so it seemed in 2021, though the Mets being putrid in July-September after deGrom went down for the season makes it harder to gauge), I'd worry it's still a buyer's market.

I think a lot of people bought ticket packages for 2021 anticipating a great season plus pent-up demand, and struck out on both fronts. Here's to hoping 2022 is a different story.

Yes! Those are my seats! What a coincidence that you happened to see my post. What years did you have them and when did you let them go? Seems like you let them go in 2019, so someone else had them after you?

To be honest, I am concerned about the pandemic affecting sales, as well as hoping this new group of players come together for a winning season, but with a new owner in place thet spends big time, and my liking of the new players so far, I felt this was a good time to gamble of those seats since it is very rare to get seats that are dead center at the same price point as seats further out.

But yes, the 326 row 2’s you have a definitely a better value than the 319’s. I just love row 1’s, have ocd bad sod was center means something to me (lol), and I have a family friend that works security right behind me that I can say hello to every time I come in. Plus, I’m just banking on the mets being a winner, and that automatically means ticket sales that justify the cost of the seats. So yes, it’s a gamble but one I feel is the right time to buy into.

How did you like your those seats? Great person to ask since you have the exact seats I have now. What were the advantages and disadvantages? What could I expect that I don’t see now? I like that they’re dead center, SNY booth behind me, and best resale from the zone. Also love the fact there is so little seats in that area with the foxwoods club (or whatever they’ll call it in 2022).

Thanks!
                      Pete
                      Last edited by PeteyNYC; 12-06-2021, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Yes! Those are my seats! What a coincidence that you happened to see my post. What years did you have them and when did you let them go? Seems like you let them go in 2019, so someone else had them after you?

To be honest, I am concerned about the pandemic affecting sales, as well as hoping this new group of players come together for a winning season, but with a new owner in place thet spends big time, and my liking of the new players so far, I felt this was a good time to gamble of those seats since it is very rare to get seats that are dead center at the same price point as seats further out.

But yes, the 326 row 2’s you have a definitely a better value than the 319’s. I just love row 1’s, have ocd bad sod was center means something to me (lol), and I have a family friend that works security right behind me that I can say hello to every time I come in. Plus, I’m just banking on the mets being a winner, and that automatically means ticket sales that justify the cost of the seats. So yes, it’s a gamble but one I feel is the right time to buy into.

How did you like your those seats? Great person to ask since you have the exact seats I have now. What were the advantages and disadvantages? What could I expect that I don’t see now? I like that they’re dead center, SNY booth behind me, and best resale from the zone. Also love the fact there is so little seats in that area with the foxwoods club (or whatever they’ll call it in 2022).

Thanks!
                        Pete
                        Removed , off topic
                        Last edited by mandrake; 12-07-2021, 04:41 PM.

Comment

• Why would the last post be removed for being off topic? We’re talking about Citifield in a citified forum, what’s wrong with that?

UPDATE: Mandrake did remove our convo and just sent me a very informative message on my questions, so my apologies to the moderator. My bad.
                          Last edited by PeteyNYC; 12-08-2021, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Why would the last post be removed for being off topic? We’re talking about Citifield in a citified forum, what’s wrong with that?
                            I agree with you, but it looks like Mandrake did it himself. This is a dead forum. It needs people posting. I think the mods should give a lot of leeway. Mandrake has always been interesting and it was interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe B View Post

I agree with you, but it looks like Mandrake did it himself. This is a dead forum. It needs people posting. I think the mods should give a lot of leeway. Mandrake has always been interesting and it was interesting.
                              Yep. Mandrake did remove the post and sent me a very informative post on my citified questions on my 319 seats. My bad!

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe B View Post

Thanks ! I’m home recovering from surgery and actually deleted some stuff in error .... boomers and technology sometimes cause mistakes . I admit
                                I am better using a key board than a phone .
                                LOL .

thanks again for the compliment

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X