No announcement yet.

Citi Field Tickets & Concessions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi! Does anyone have the pdf's of the STH renewal info from 2019 or 2020, specifically the info re: what was included with the "superfan," "family," and "business" perk selections? For 2022, they've asked us to make selections, but haven't provided details for each category. I expect the specific perks will be similar to prior years with some tweaks, and I wanted to see a reminder of what the different categories have recently offered. Thanks a million!

Comment

• Hey all,

This may have been addressed before, but spoke to my new rep regarding moving up in my section, 2 seats similar to mine but in a lower row, same price point. I was informed that the window for doing this was only from Aug 13 to Sep 13 (?), but they’d be more than happy to move me UP in price point if I desired (no thanks).

Every time I eyed better seats, my old reps would gladly make the change for me. I asked her to confirm that the 2 seats I’m looking at are available to new customers, but not a long-time customer? “That’s correct.” Does this make sense to anyone?

Showcasing the finest photography to illuminate the lesser known stories from classic baseball.
      Now over 2000 followers, including Howie Rose, Keith Olbermann, NYT baseball writer Tyler Kepner

https://twitter.com/behindthebagbtb

Comment

• Originally posted by alpineinc View Post
        Hey all,

This may have been addressed before, but spoke to my new rep regarding moving up in my section, 2 seats similar to mine but in a lower row, same price point. I was informed that the window for doing this was only from Aug 13 to Sep 13 (?), but they’d be more than happy to move me UP in price point if I desired (no thanks).

Every time I eyed better seats, my old reps would gladly make the change for me. I asked her to confirm that the 2 seats I’m looking at are available to new customers, but not a long-time customer? “That’s correct.” Does this make sense to anyone?
        August 13 - September 13 was the plan-holder opt-out / relocate window. The problem of course is that you don't see the inventory of the opt-outs until the deadline passes.

As for whether it makes sense to discriminate against you for having renewed - to them it does, because it leaves them with better inventory to sell now than they would have if they let you upgrade location but not price point.

Meet the Mets - ticketing group.
        Last edited by Mister B.; 12-13-2021, 03:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MookieWilson View Post
          Hi! Does anyone have the pdf's of the STH renewal info from 2019 or 2020, specifically the info re: what was included with the "superfan," "family," and "business" perk selections? For 2022, they've asked us to make selections, but haven't provided details for each category. I expect the specific perks will be similar to prior years with some tweaks, and I wanted to see a reminder of what the different categories have recently offered. Thanks a million!
          I checked, I don’t have, sorry. I recall in previous years you could select from a list of perks. I don’t think they were labeled anything specifically, just put out there to select a couple of options.
          And then periodically throughout the year offers thrown out for something on a specific date.

Comment

Hey all,

What a joke.. i think its bad business to treat your loyal fans like this.. Ask to be scheduled to speak to a supervisor..

Comment

Hey all,

I think it might be better not to renew one year. Better seats always come up. Tenure does not mean much with the Mets. Look at other MLB team Websites. Other teams reward tenure. The Mets ticket dept. needs a new person in charge.

I had Jets season tickets in the past. I bought them again for 2022/2023. It is a complete pleasure dealing with the Jets. I have had three different reps, all three were/are outstanding. They do not talk down to you. They are respectful and it is a pleasure to speak to them. I dread speaking to the Mets ticket dept.

Comment

Hey all,

The Phillies do it better and more fair. A popular Northeast team is a good comparison.

If you have interest in upgrading or relocating your current season tickets, please contact the Phillies Sales Office at 215-463-5000 or [email protected]. After the window expires for current season ticket holders to renew their seats for 2022, we will have a better idea of potential locations available for upgrade or relocation. The Phillies will communicate to all accounts requesting an upgrade or relocation with a status update during the offseason.

Comment

• Thanks for the replies. The odd thing is that this seems to be a relatively new policy; my older reps just a couple years or so ago were more than happy to move me up if I wanted, some would even reach out to ME if they spotted good seats. Which is why I was so surprised about it. And I'm up in 518, these aren't exactly top shelf seats in high demand lol. Oh well.

Showcasing the finest photography to illuminate the lesser known stories from classic baseball.
                  Now over 2000 followers, including Howie Rose, Keith Olbermann, NYT baseball writer Tyler Kepner

https://twitter.com/behindthebagbtb

Comment

Thanks for the replies. The odd thing is that this seems to be a relatively new policy; my older reps just a couple years or so ago were more than happy to move me up if I wanted, some would even reach out to ME if they spotted good seats. Which is why I was so surprised about it. And I'm up in 518, these aren't exactly top shelf seats in high demand lol. Oh well.
                    It's not as if they had to send the order to the printer....

Stopped by here to vent at StubHub now requiring EIN/SSN for cumulative sales over $600. Now I'll need to demonstrate a capital gain / loss on the tickets I sell...

StubHub will withhold payments once you sell $600 worth of tickets in a calendar year w/o having your SSN/EIN...

Thank you Mr. President!
                    20-Game Saturday Plan, Prom Box 423.

Comment

• Originally posted by dstoffa View Post

Stopped by here to vent at StubHub now requiring EIN/SSN for cumulative sales over $600. Now I'll need to demonstrate a capital gain / loss on the tickets I sell...

StubHub will withhold payments once you sell $600 worth of tickets in a calendar year w/o having your SSN/EIN...

Thank you Mr. President!
                      Wow,

2022 Form 1099 Regulations Print

Beginning January 1, 2022, the IRS has updated its 1099-K regulations to require all businesses that process payments to file a 1099 for all sellers with more than $600 in gross sales in a calendar year.

In order to generate a complete Form 1099 as required by state and federal tax laws, we’ll need your Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN). Your TIN is typically either your Social Security Number (SSN) or Employer Identification Number (EIN) for businesses.

We encourage sellers to prepare for these regulatory changes by inputting your TIN as soon as possible into your StubHub Account. To enter your TIN:
                      1. Login to your StubHub Account at StubHub.com
                      2. Visit the Settings page under your Profile. Go to Profile, then Settings.
                      3. At the bottom of the page, enter your information under 'Taxpayer Identification Details'

Beginning January 1, 2022, sellers who reach the $600 threshold and do not have TIN information on file will receive an email alerting them to update their information. Payment will be withheld from sellers until TIN information is provided.

If you meet these reporting requirements, we’ll generate a 1099 and send it to you via U.S. Mail at the beginning of each year. The same information will be sent to the IRS and state tax agencies where applicable.

Comment

Thank you Mr. President!
                        If you sell over $600.00 worth of tickets you will now get a 1099-K. This is not just for selling tickets. It is for selling on E-bay, Amazon market place, Etsy, etc. The government claims that 1 in 5 Americans sells over $600.00 worth of merchandise and do not claim it. That seems high to me. I read an article that the IRS claims if you don't file the 1099-K issued to you it will trigger an audit. That seems hard to believe.

One good thing might come out of it for people that sell Mets tickets. There might be less people selling tickets on Stubhub. I only have a 20 game plan. I sold opening day already. I consider opening day to be the New Years eve of the Baseball season. Some people go to one game a year and it is opening day. I am near the threshold of getting a 1099. I intended to only sell the Yankee game and go to 18 games. This pays for a good amount of my plan. But now I will attend the Yankee game. I don't want to bother with a 1099. It stinks for the little guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe B View Post

If you sell over $600.00 worth of tickets you will now get a 1099-K. This is not just for selling tickets. It is for selling on E-bay, Amazon market place, Etsy, etc. The government claims that 1 in 5 Americans sells over $600.00 worth of merchandise and do not claim it. That seems high to me. I read an article that the IRS claims if you don't file the 1099-K issued to you it will trigger an audit. That seems hard to believe.

One good thing might come out of it for people that sell Mets tickets. There might be less people selling tickets on Stubhub. I only have a 20 game plan. I sold opening day already. I consider opening day to be the New Years eve of the Baseball season. Some people go to one game a year and it is opening day. I am near the threshold of getting a 1099. I intended to only sell the Yankee game and go to 18 games. This pays for a good amount of my plan. But now I will attend the Yankee game. I don't want to bother with a 1099. It stinks for the little guy.
                          I sell a fair amount of tickets on Stubhub as I have a full season plan. Any "profits" I make on selling popular games are more than made up from selling at a loss on mid-week April or May or September games. Shouldn't have any effect getting a 1099-k going forward assuming I keep better records than I do now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe B View Post

Well, I hope the IRS loses money by having to do all the paperwork looking for all these tax cheats....

You get the 1099 because the revenue threshold is crossed. That doesn't mean you pocketed $600 tax-free from Uncle Sam. What it means is that you will now need to determine the net between buying and selling, and declare any income (i.e. - profit) you make from selling your tickets. It means more paperwork..

I am sure many keep the records... now you'll just need to share them with the government.

20-Game Saturday Plan, Prom Box 423.

Comment

Well, I hope the IRS loses money by having to do all the paperwork looking for all these tax cheats....

You get the 1099 because the revenue threshold is crossed. That doesn't mean you pocketed $600 tax-free from Uncle Sam. What it means is that you will now need to determine the net between buying and selling, and declare any income (i.e. - profit) you make from selling your tickets. It means more paperwork..

I am sure many keep the records... now you'll just need to share them with the government.
                              The IRS never loses money. They just raise taxes! I wonder if that means if you take a lose will those loses be tax deductable? I think if records are kept correctly most STH's will actually have loses, not gains.

Comment

• It seems outrageous pricing for concessions at arenas with "no outside food or beverage" policies goes way, way, way back....

Archaeologists Discover Concession Stand At Colosseum That Gouged Ancient Romans 10 Denarii For Small Clay Cup Of Wine
                                «Telle est la vie des hommes. Quelques joies, très vite effacées par d’inoubliables chagrins. Il n'est pas nécessaire de le dire aux enfants...» (Marcel Pagnol)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X