X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dstoffa
    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by rjsallstars View Post
    By 2009 mode I mean looking to maximize FS and holding onto good inventory hoping to "convert" partials to FS. I think the reason Citi is having this problem is because the good field level seats are ridiculiously priced which has caused some Shea field level STH's to look upstairs. If you recall there was no ST's above the walkway on the upper three levels. I do not remember seeing STH nameplates anywhere in Loge/Mezz or Upper res. Almost all STH'S were on the field level which left loads of good seats for partials. I was Mezz 13 in Sat plan in 2007 and did not request an upgrade. Guess what was delivered to me in the spring of 2008? Sat plan in Mezz 3 1st row on aisle! and I did not even ask for them! The only drawback was watching everyone get there final season photos right in front of my seats.
    At some point in the 80's, the Mets took action going forward to separate the seating for plans and fulls.
    If you wanted a box seat (Field, Loge, or Mezz), you had to buy the full season. Partial plans that were in box seats were eventually moved to Reserved Seating...

The Reserved Level seating was either sold as a Full Season (yes, they existed, but you wouldn't see a plaque, because there was no railing to mount it to), or as a Partial Plan.

Shea Stadium reserved seating (not talking upper deck here, because they didn't sell plan in the UD until the late 90's early 00's) was put in one of these categories:
    1. Full Season
    2. 55-game / Saturday / Sunday
    3. Tues-Fri / Mon-Wed-Thu / Saturday /Sunday

Mezzanine 3 Reserved was a Category 3 section.

I refused to move down from Row E, even though I had the opportunity to do so many times. I wanted to keep my aisle seats, and I wanted the cover from the press box. They only time I got wet in my seats was when the rain was blowing in from Center Field.

WRT CitiField, the Mets are holding back for whales. THey weren't so selfish back at Shea with seating partial plan holders.

Cheers!
    -Doug
    20-Game Saturday Plan, Prom Box 423.

Comment

• dstoffa
      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by rjsallstars View Post
      Do you remember the usher at Mezz 3? We used to let him put his lunch box under our seats during the game. 2 years ago I saw him maning section 501 at Citi in RF, he was a nice guy. I would like to finally settle in seats at Citi and start to get the feel that they are my seats and get to know the people who sit around us and the same ushers every year like Shea. I still remember faces of some of the vendors from Shea dating back to the 80's. One guy who sticks out is a stuffed animal vendor who had the Mets doll on a stick that stuck its tongue out, he also sold pennants and programs. The guy had such a high pitched voice everyone used to laugh. I still see him around, but with a few gray hairs. Another guy who is still at citi used to sell hot dogs at Shea. He looked like he only bathed when the team was on the road. Whenever we saw him we would always look at each other and say "would you buy a hot dog from that man?" Funny how you remember those things but that really is one of the major benefits of some sort of "Season Ticket", of course IMO.

Dedrie used to work the beer pond behind Section 3 in the Mezz. I found here in 2010 working the "Beers of the World" Stand in the Prom under 510. In 2011, her stand was moved out by the Shake Shack....

Cheers!
      -Doug
      20-Game Saturday Plan, Prom Box 423.

Comment

• LI METS FAN
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Ralf View Post
        I'm looking to buy part of a ST plan if anyone is looking to sell a share of 2 seats. Anything in 326 or or 327, first couple of rows. Up to 1/3 of a season - must offer reasonable playoff option.

Thanks
        Late in the day Friday at Select a Seat, there were 2 front row seats in 327 two seats in from the aisle available for full season. May be gone by now but just in case not, they may be tempting for a full season purchase.

Comment

• rjsallstars
          Let's Go Mets
          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by jimmyzat View Post
          We always used to say that hot dog guy looked like Booger from the Porky's movie and the Met doll guy borrowed Joe Pesci's voice
          Yep, those are the guys. Glad we werent the only ones who noticed that and had a little fun at there expense!!

Comment

• StadiumPage
            • Jul 2007

Not complete yet, rep needs to call us back with the final location, but I think we're going to get what we want for the 15 game plan. (Hoping for section 419-423)

Tip - call your rep and be very persistent and exact with your demands. Know what section/days/plan you want and the seem to be able/willing to help. I'm just not sure why they even bothered with the online portion of this at all. It caused alot of unnecessary angst.
            StadiumPage.com
            Stadium Google Map

Comment

• headshoes
              Former STH
              • Aug 2008

Between Rain Outs and Comps..

What 2011 Ticket Stubs are still worth credit to exchange for 2012?

Comment

• peterrod16
                • May 2008

Originally posted by StadiumPage View Post
                Not complete yet, rep needs to call us back with the final location, but I think we're going to get what we want for the 15 game plan. (Hoping for section 419-423)

Tip - call your rep and be very persistent and exact with your demands. Know what section/days/plan you want and the seem to be able/willing to help. I'm just not sure why they even bothered with the online portion of this at all. It caused alot of unnecessary angst.
                i second that with stadiumpage.
                I called the rep today and we got a lot accomplished.
                Section 518 Row 11 will be my new home for OD.
                Got weekday games and will purchase a 4 to 5 sunday games off members here.
                Dont use mets.com and call the tix line

Comment

• headshoes
                  Former STH
                  • Aug 2008

What plan did you get?

Comment

• Metsies8
                    • Feb 2011

I had an 11 game flex pack last year and the Mets do not make this plan part of the presale. Can somebody help out a long time Mets fan with the password?

Comment

• citimouse
                      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by peterrod16 View Post
                      i second that with stadiumpage.
                      I called the rep today and we got a lot accomplished.
                      Section 518 Row 11 will be my new home for OD.
                      Got weekday games and will purchase a 4 to 5 sunday games off members here.
                      Dont use mets.com and call the tix line

Adding my voice to the chorus. Had good experience dealing directly with the rep, even though I was onhold for an hour on presale day. Wasn't getting anything worth having via the website, but worked out in the end.

Comment

• StadiumPage
                        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Metsies8 View Post
                        I had an 11 game flex pack last year and the Mets do not make this plan part of the presale. Can somebody help out a long time Mets fan with the password?
                        Don't bother. There's nothing good available in the online presale. Anything there will surely be available on Monday.
                        StadiumPage.com
                        Stadium Google Map

Comment

• AMAYSN 24
                          Team Veteran
                          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Metsies8 View Post
                          Sure. Its "Wilponzi Scheme". or was it "Meaningful Games",, or "Skill Sets"....
                          Last edited by AMAYSN 24; 11-23-2011, 06:32 PM.

Comment

• Flushing Roots
                            20 Game Plan Section 138
                            • Oct 2008

Picked up a 6 pack last night from the Phillies. 1 Red Sox game and 5 Met games. It'll cost me about $40 less per game than Citi with the tolls and the parking.

Comment

• sheagoodbye1010
                              • Mar 2010

[QUOTE=dstoffa;1953637]At some point in the 80's, the Mets took action going forward to separate the seating for plans and fulls.
                              If you wanted a box seat (Field, Loge, or Mezz), you had to buy the full season. Partial plans that were in box seats were eventually moved to Reserved Seating...

I once had the distinct honor of sitting next to the great late Doris from Rego Park (z"l). She had a Sunday Plan front row box seat in the loge on the first base side right where it met the field box.
                              She initially bought the plan in 1968

Comment

• WASLOGE8
                                • Nov 2008

[QUOTE=sheagoodbye1010;1954217][QUOTE=dstoffa;1953637]At some point in the 80's, the Mets took action going forward to separate the seating for plans and fulls.

A guy at work got his Sat plan in 1984 (talk about good timing) and he was in Field Box 223 or something like that; those were the boxes that were 8 seats in a row. He had those seats for a number of years but he left the company and we fell out of touch so I don't know if and when the Mets moved him. (Remember that they wouldn't let the plebs in Loge or above visit Field Level so I never went down!)
                                I missed it by a year. I got my first Sat plan was in 1985 and we had Mezz 10F and ended up transferring to Mezz 8B. My first Sun plan was in 1986 and we got Mezz 7K.
                                We combined and transferred to Loge 8 in the early 90's during the lean years.

On another note, I'm surprised the Mets still didn't call me regarding jumping back in.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X