Durham Athletic Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Durham Athletic Park

The great Durham Athletic Park that was made famous in Bull Durham. For the second year in a row, the Durham Bulls returned to their old ballyard for one game.

The grassy area you see folks sitting in used to be metal bleachers when the Bulls were a full time tenant.

Check out the vid inside the story...

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/bulls/story/9572382/

I saw this on their fb page, cool stuff! Why is it still up though, does it make enough money on events to keep it up? Also is it a historical site since it was the main focus of a movie?
    The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Chevy114 View Post
      I saw this on their fb page, cool stuff! Why is it still up though, does it make enough money on events to keep it up? Also is it a historical site since it was the main focus of a movie?
      It is the home of NC Central University.

Comment

Originally posted by bandit12 View Post
        It is the home of NC Central University.
        Oh cool, I was wondering how they got money for upkeep!
        The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X