Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stadium Map

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Stadium Map

    Stadium Map

    Here's a link to a project I've been working on. Basically, its a google map with pins for all of the present/past/future ballparks. The key is that I tried to make outlines for all of the no longer existing parks. Should help people find the "former sites" easier.

    Let me know if you have any feedback. Its still a work in progress.

    (I think another user was doing something similar a few months ago, but I can't seem to find the thread...)
    StadiumPage.com
    Stadium Google Map

  • #2
    Thank you for setting this up SP. I think its awesome how you associated each stadium to its own logo and outline in its historically correct location. (Conversely, it reminds me how incompetently excuted Citifield's logo is) Very cool feature.
    :lightbulb:Definition of a homerun: When the baseball gets hit to a DISTANCE that the fielder cannot get it into homeplate before the batter rounds the bases.

    Associated Press -- Citi Field's smaller dimensions helped opponents more than the New York Mets.
    Thanks Sandy Alderson.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by trepye View Post
      Thank you for setting this up SP. I think its awesome how you associated each stadium to its own logo and outline in its historically correct location. (Conversely, it reminds me how incompetently excuted Citifield's logo is) Very cool feature.
      Thanks, still working on it. Any suggestions for stuff I missed would be appreciated.
      Basically limiting it to AL/NL and Negro Leagues though.
      StadiumPage.com
      Stadium Google Map

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by StadiumPage View Post
        Thanks, still working on it. Any suggestions for stuff I missed would be appreciated.
        Basically limiting it to AL/NL and Negro Leagues though.
        Hey I just thought of something Dude, how about showing the territorial/regional rights that each team has.
        :lightbulb:Definition of a homerun: When the baseball gets hit to a DISTANCE that the fielder cannot get it into homeplate before the batter rounds the bases.

        Associated Press -- Citi Field's smaller dimensions helped opponents more than the New York Mets.
        Thanks Sandy Alderson.

        Comment


        • #5
          This is great.

          Love the logos, and the teal pin idea (5 teal pins for old Shea bases and pitching rubber, for example).

          Showcasing the finest photography to illuminate the lesser known stories from classic baseball. Now over 2000 followers!
          https://twitter.com/behindthebagbtb

          Comment


          • #6
            This is a fabulous tool StadiumPage! I have literally spent the past hour and one-half clicking on old stadiums, existing stadiums, places I've been, places I haven't been . . . what a hoot!

            Mods . . . someone really aught to STICKY this so it don't get lost in the heap like the one SP was looking for. Thanks again StadiumP . . .
            Some's basturds, some's ain't, thats the score.

            Comment


            • #7
              YOU HAVE BETTER EYE SITE THAN superman

              Originally posted by StadiumPage View Post
              Thanks, still working on it. Any suggestions for stuff I missed would be appreciated.
              Basically limiting it to AL/NL and Negro Leagues though.
              WOW
              I love what you did to EarthSwoop/Google Earth
              where you show photos of the inside of the dome stadiums
              and of retractable roof stadiums with both the roof open and closed
              You make it much easily to look inside chase field THANKS
              you also manage to add both the future stadium of the marlins
              and target field something that google earth have yet to incorporate
              I found all the nfl stadiums and the nhl,nba,soccer arenas
              would be nice if you can add photos of the inside of the nhl,nba arenas too
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by drdg View Post
                WOW
                I love what you did to EarthSwoop/Google Earth
                where you show photos of the inside of the dome stadiums
                and of retractable roof stadiums with both the roof open and closed
                You make it much easily to look inside chase field THANKS
                you also manage to add both the future stadium of the marlins
                and target field something that google earth have yet to incorporate
                I found all the nfl stadiums and the nhl,nba,soccer arenas
                would be nice if you can add photos of the inside of the nhl,nba arenas too
                update: after doing some more looking I notice that some arenas already have photos posted next to them and some don't
                still you have done a super job:supe:
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  StadiumPage - great job. Enjoyed it very much. I of course visited Shea first!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    This is very cool. Definitely something to consult when planning a trip.
                    :cap: Everything from parking to peanuts at the ballgame...check out www.BallparkEGuides.com! :cap:

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      It would be an exhausting project, but a similar map for minor league ballparks could be done also.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Great idea, SP! I know you are limiting it to major league sites, but as a suggestion maybe you could have a special pin for the Hall of Fame in Cooperstown.

                        Also, for the statues/plaques you list, are they only for statues adjacent to ballparks? For example, what about statues of players in their hometowns (especially those of Hall of Famers)? For example, last year Commerce OK unveiled a statue of Mickey Mantle, and there is a statue of Christy Mathewson in the park named for him in Factoryville PA. ... Also, what about all the plaques/monuments in Yankee Stadium's Monument Park. ... Also, at the old Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium site, there is section of the left field wall still standing, where Hank Aaron hit his 715th home run.
                        Last edited by mjrbaseball; 06-19-2011, 08:15 AM.
                        mjrbaseball

                           Now batting ... the center fielder ... number 7 ... Mickey ... Mantle ... number 7.  

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by mjrbaseball View Post
                          Great idea, SP! I know you are limiting it to major league sites, but as a suggestion maybe you could have a special pin for the Hall of Fame in Cooperstown.

                          Also, for the statues/plaques you list, are they only for statues adjacent to ballparks? For example, what about statues of players in their hometowns (especially those of Hall of Famers)? For example, last year Commerce OK unveiled a statue of Mickey Mantle, and there is a statue of Christy Mathewson in the park named for him in Factoryville PA. ... Also, what about all the plaques/monuments in Yankee Stadium's Monument Park. ... Also, at the old Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium site, there is section of the left field wall still standing, where Hank Aaron hit his 715th home run.
                          Could be anything really. Its just what I've been able to "pin" so far. I've only been working on it for a few days.
                          StadiumPage.com
                          Stadium Google Map

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by StadiumPage View Post
                            Could be anything really. Its just what I've been able to "pin" so far. I've only been working on it for a few days.
                            Fair enough. Just offering up suggestions. (FYI, there is a photo of the Mathewson statue which I took on the Factoryville PA Wikipedia page that you can use if you so choose. That statue is in Christy Mathewson Park at 41°33'58.17"N 75°47'15.93"W.)
                            mjrbaseball

                               Now batting ... the center fielder ... number 7 ... Mickey ... Mantle ... number 7.  

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              It looks like when you exceed a certain number of pins, it gets pushed to a second page. Scroll all the way down on the list and click "page 2" to see more pins...
                              Unfortunately, it looks like you can't see page 1 pins and page 2 pins at the same time on the map.

                              Going to need to bunch everything together by city so there's no need to click between pages for the same location...
                              StadiumPage.com
                              Stadium Google Map

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X