Tim McCarver Stadium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim McCarver Stadium

After completing the history of Omaha Baseball including the two new ballparks of Omaha last week (storm chasers and college world series), www.Digitalballparks.com is going to be debuting the history of Memphis baseball with 38 shots of the new Autozone Park and 16 photos of Russwood Park from Official Scorekeeper J.J. Guinazzo's collection.

Does anyone out there have some good photographs of Tim McCarver Stadium they would allow us to use? It hasn't been gone for more than a few seasons but we can't find a single photograph of it except for the ones we've all seen on the web a thousand times from Sports Illustrated and Life etc...

Also, if anyone has any photos of Russwood Park (we probably have it in Guinazzo's collection) that aren't aerial (we have about 10 of those), or the other 2 ballparks that they used after Russwood burned down (Tobey Park and Hodges Park) please let us know! [email protected]

As of now, this is what we have at BBF.

Autozone Park

Russwood Park

As for Tim McCarver Stadium, just Googling it brings up a bunch of hits, many with pix.

http://www.google.com/search?source=...2313l2.11.2l15

http://www.google.com/search?q=tim+m...w=1194&bih=689

These are from August 1998:

TMC1.jpg

TMC3.jpg

TMC2.jpg
    Put it in the books.

Comment

yeah, but these photographs are all from my friend charlie zeb's website. I'm not going to just take his photos off his site and use them for mine. I need to find people that have unique photos of this ballpark that aren't being used regularly by someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalballparks View Post
        yeah, but these photographs are all from my friend charlie zeb's website. I'm not going to just take his photos off his site and use them for mine. I need to find people that have unique photos of this ballpark that aren't being used regularly by someone else.
        Yeah, I'm familiar with your site, and I know you've got integrity. Hey, here's an idea. How 'bout asking your friend Charlie and other people on the Web for their permission, thereby giving them credit. I'm sure if someone here has a picture of the park and you use it online, you'll give them credit, no?

Either way, good luck.
        Put it in the books.

Comment

Well yeah I could but the thing is... Charlie's got a baseball park website (which he does for a completely different reason), and anyone can see these on his. Why would I show them on mine? He's already accomplished that.

I need other people's personal photographs that have been sitting in a drawer forgotten about. That's a hard thing to find usually, but we have done it many times with old Met Park in Tidewater (Tides) and with Frank Lawrence Stadium and Charlotte's old Crockett Park which burned down 20 years ago. We probably have over 60 ballpark photos from sources that maybe 10 people on this planet have ever seen.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X