New Montreal Ballpark?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Montreal Ballpark?

Baseball Quebec announced yesterday their plans to build a 6000 seat ballpark, and national training facility in downtown Montreal. The proposed site is about 1 mile south of where the Expos proposed ballpark was supposed to be, by the river at the corner of Bridge & Mill streets. The price tag is evaluated at 50 million $. If ever MLB has a shot of coming back one day, this is a step in the right direction. It is more than likely that expanding the capacity will be possible, but for now intentions of an independent CanAm league team will be the probable tenant. Here is the article in french. Will put up the english one once I find it.

http://tvasports.ca/tvasports/baseba...05-162842.html
    Last edited by MC EXPOS; 10-06-2011, 10:13 AM.

That's great news.

I hope that this is the start of a baseball resurgence in what once was a great MLB city!

Comment

Sounds good, I can't read french, but I would love see it there again!
      The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Comment

This is great news!!! I hope there are investors from Montreal that are interested in bringing back a MLB team. Tampa needs a city to move to and this is the perfect city for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Yankswun98 View Post
          This is great news!!! I hope there are investors from Montreal that are interested in bringing back a MLB team. Tampa needs a city to move to and this is the perfect city for them.
          No we are fine, we will build a stadium if anyone ever got that serious.
          The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Comment

I'm glad I got up to Montreal before les Expos moved. Unlike Toronto, it really felt like you were seeing a game in a different country. The big Owe was horrible though. Can't blame the fans for staying away from there. Especially after the 94 team was dismantled.
            StadiumPage.com
            Stadium Google Map

Comment

Originally posted by Chevy114 View Post
              No we are fine, we will build a stadium if anyone ever got that serious.
              It should nt take that before building one, if it has nt been done till now with those great teams they ve had in the last few years, which in turn causes more interest and more fans, how will it be done down the line, espeacially if they are out of contention and interest drops. With the exciting ball they have been playing in the last few years, the attendance numbers are pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by MC EXPOS View Post
                It should nt take that before building one, if it has nt been done till now with those great teams they ve had in the last few years, which in turn causes more interest and more fans, how will it be done down the line, espeacially if they are out of contention and interest drops. With the exciting ball they have been playing in the last few years, the attendance numbers are pathetic.
                Its not a matter of "how exciting it is" Its a matter of money. We can't just make money to build a stadium yet. There are legal issues, the same legal issues Montreal would face such as a lease on the trop they would have to break. Tampa had the same issue with the bucs and we got a stadium built when threats of moving popped up.

Comment

Well then, it just seems that its pretty difficult, but it does nt always work out, Montrealers can atest to that

Comment

Originally posted by MC EXPOS View Post
                    Well then, it just seems that its pretty difficult, but it does nt always work out, Montrealers can atest to that
                    I do feel your pain and want you guys to get an mlb club again, but not at the expense of my team. Numerous teams have had these kind of difficulties and some even threatened to leave to get a park i.e. the giants, white sox, marlins and mariners come to mind pretty easily and none of them left.

Comment

Originally posted by Chevy114 View Post
                      I do feel your pain and want you guys to get an mlb club again, but not at the expense of my team. Numerous teams have had these kind of difficulties and some even threatened to leave to get a park i.e. the giants, white sox, marlins and mariners come to mind pretty easily and none of them left.
                      Your teams kind of sad. I don't care what your park looks like or where it is. I've been to it. There is no excuse for under 30k fans at a playoff game. Even game 162 should have broke 30k.

Comment

Originally posted by bluejaysfanzach View Post
                        Your teams kind of sad. I don't care what your park looks like or where it is. I've been to it. There is no excuse for under 30k fans at a playoff game. Even game 162 should have broke 30k.
                        You had a goal at hand, you wanted to go to that park. The average fan does not want to drive an hour and fight for parking. We have great tv raitings, so we have the fans. Its just a matter of getting a park closer since there is no mass transit.

Comment

I rode my bicycle there from Dunedin, but hated the neighborhood and will never go back.

Comment

Chevy - will St Pete let them out of the lease to move to Tampa?

Comment

Now would this be a retractable roof stadium (given the climate of Montreal) . . . or are they going to have it fully open air?
                              There's a fly ball out to left. Waiting is Cleon Jones ...the Mets are the World Champions! Jerry Koosman is being mobbed! Look at this scene! - Curt Gowdy announcing that the Mets had just won their first World Series.

1966 1970 1983
                              1969 1971 1979
                              1973 1974 1997 2014
                              1996 2012 2016

4 5 8 20 22 33 42

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X