loanDepot park / Marlins Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marlins Park Concessions

Lobster rolls and Cuban sandwiches at the ballpark. Sounds great, but can they really deliver the goods?

69128817.jpg

69129096.jpg

See the story, video, pictures at:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/features...,6636346.story
    "Chef Bill"
    Boynton Beach, Florida

Comment

Originally posted by Chef Bill View Post
      Lobster rolls and Cuban sandwiches at the ballpark. Sounds great, but can they really deliver the goods?
      Look tasty. And if they can't deliver a first-rate Cuban sandwich down there, they'd may as well give up, lol.

Showcasing the finest photography to illuminate the lesser known stories from classic baseball.
      Now over 2000 followers, including Howie Rose, Keith Olbermann, NYT baseball writer Tyler Kepner

https://twitter.com/behindthebagbtb

Comment

Marlins President David Samson checks out the facilities. This really has nothing to do with my previous post - jus' sayin'...

1quiXZ.St.56.jpg

http://www.miamiherald.com/2009/07/0...tion-site.html
        Last edited by Chef Bill; 03-31-2012, 07:58 AM.
        "Chef Bill"
        Boynton Beach, Florida

Comment

We've been reading for a while about parking issues around the stadium. Anyone who's been to the Orange Bowl will understand what a hassle it's going to be.

Fans not familiar with the area (and even those who are) should allow themselves PLENTY of time to find parking for this weekend's exhibitions games with the Yankees - and for the first few months - until the team, city, and stadium neighbors find ways to work out the kinks...

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/2...rking-can.html
          "Chef Bill"
          Boynton Beach, Florida

Comment

Originally posted by alpineinc View Post
            Look tasty. And if they can't deliver a first-rate Cuban sandwich down there, they'd may as well give up, lol.
            Growing up in the suburbs of New York, I had little, if any, exposure to Latin cuisine. I have to say that living here in Florida for almost 20 years now has been a real awakening - we have an awesome selection of cooking styles from the Caribbean, Mexico, Central America, and South America - all excellent, easily accessible, and very affordable. If you go into an unfamiliar Latin eatery and are willing to just put yourself in the proprietor's hands, more often than not you'll be treated like royalty and have a wonderful experience!
            "Chef Bill"
            Boynton Beach, Florida

Comment

Come on in, the water's fine!

Comment

Originally posted by Chef Bill View Post
                Marlins President David Samson checks out the facilities. This really has nothing to do with my previous post - jus' sayin'...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]106700[/ATTACH]

http://www.miamiherald.com/2009/07/0...tion-site.html
                No stalls huh? That could make certain trips to the bathroom pretty awkward lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Yankeefan3783 View Post
                  No stalls huh? That could make certain trips to the bathroom pretty awkward lol.
                  bet samson won't have to deal with that...
                  the turd in the punchbowl
                  reality really sucks.
                  enjoy the game more...

Comment

How come the Dinger Machine didn't go off when Gaby Sanchez hit that home run?
                    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Laser Beam View Post
                      How come the Dinger Machine didn't go off when Gaby Sanchez hit that home run?
                      Not doing it until the Official Home Opener.

Comment

Wow, these green walls really look hideous on TV. They didn't look that offensive in pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by dabigyankeeman View Post
                          Today is the day to really see this stadium on your tv if you get either the YES network or Sun in Florida as the Marlins play the Yankees in the first game between two major league teams in the new stadium...
                          First impressions - yes, the fluorescent green is very...prominent, almost glows on the screen, especially in contrast with the "cooler" blue seats. Wouldn't say that's a good thing.

The blue tile background (with white grout) behind the seating on the first level looks just like a bathroom wall (seen in the typical close-up batter shot, either side).

Park is quiet as a church.

The fish tank (within the typical CF camera pitcher/catcher shot) is crazy indeed. I find my eye wandering over there to watch the fish swim around.

The trippy HR sculpture is insanely large.

As noted, the HR sculpture didn't do anything when the Marlins hit a HR, waiting for the home opener, which seems ridiculous. Every fan there would love to see a test run of the thing.

The fan area behind the left field wall is cool. And also cool the Clevelander patrons can see right through to the bullpen adjoining it.
                          Last edited by alpineinc; 04-01-2012, 01:33 PM.

Showcasing the finest photography to illuminate the lesser known stories from classic baseball.
                          Now over 2000 followers, including Howie Rose, Keith Olbermann, NYT baseball writer Tyler Kepner

https://twitter.com/behindthebagbtb

Comment

I bet the drinks in the Clevelander cost a fortune...
                            Last edited by Mr. Laser Beam; 04-02-2012, 04:50 PM.
                            It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Comment

...I'm sure, like everything else at the ballpark, they do.

From today's Miami Herald, long article on marketing plans for Marlins Park...

Marlins See Dollars When The Games End
                              With air conditioning, a roof and their own stadium downtown,
                              the Miami Marlins want to be big players in the event business, too.
                              No home-run required for the home-run gizmo — for a price

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/04/0...the-games.html

Miami Marlins Fall to Yankees, Still Working On Kinks
                              http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/04/0...o-yankees.html
                              "One thing the Marlins ironed out Monday was how and when they’ll make the decision to keep the retractable roof open or closed on days and nights when it doesn’t rain. 'Basically if it’s going to be under 80 degrees with less than 60 percent humidity at first pitch, we’ll keep it open,' Samson said. 'Anything over that, there’s no chance.'”

And you can add to that, the orange caps have to go...

dPpLC.St.56.jpg
                              Last edited by Chef Bill; 04-03-2012, 08:31 AM.
                              "Chef Bill"
                              Boynton Beach, Florida

Comment

Well, orange is one of my favorite colors, so I don't have a problem with them...but wear them with the orange jerseys (and the black caps with the black or white jerseys). None of this mix-n-match crap

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎