No announcement yet.

Marlins Park

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wait and see, the Jeter group will "yankeeize" the Marlins. It'll start with no beards being allowed, then no long hair, then the outfield walls get changed to navy blue....
    First Game- Twinight DH, Mets vs. Cards at Shea, August 22, 1965

Comment

• Originally posted by CHiller View Post
      Wait and see, the Jeter group will "yankeeize" the Marlins. It'll start with no beards being allowed, then no long hair, then the outfield walls get changed to navy blue....
      They actually already have a grooming policy, put in place by Mattingly.

I don't know what they will do with the park or the uniforms, but hopefully they get rid of that dumb statue and fix those stupid hats and uniforms.
      27/40

Comment

• The Marlin Home Run Sculpture is going, going, GONE next season!

Comment

• The 2019 logo is closer to the original one now. So I expect the flashiness of the new place to be turned down a little.

Miami-Marlins-New-Logo-Leak-2019.png

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt The Hammer View Post
            The 2019 logo is closer to the original one now. So I expect the flashiness of the new place to be turned down a little.

Miami-Marlins-New-Logo-Leak-2019.png
            That looks like a throwback to the early 2000s when many teams incorporated a lot of black in their uniforms. I don't like when teams keep changing their color schemes and logos. You cannot build a team identity when you keeping doing that. The Yankees and Dodgers, etc., are, in part, iconic because their uniforms and logos haven't changed since at least the 1930s. The Diamondbacks have gone through what seems like a 100 different color schemes in their short existence. The Padres threw away what could be a unique look with brown/gold (plus the swinging friar that they rarely use anymore) for the blandest uniforms in baseball.

Comment

• Screen Shot 2019-02-05 at 19.14.12 2.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-05 at 19.14.01 2.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-05 at 19.13.44.png
              Pretty cool developments for CF and RF. I think it looks clean and fits with the modern look of the rest of the ballpark (which the old "homer" sculpture directly clashed with). These improvements, along with the reduced concession prices, and the encouragement of noisemakers common at international baseball games, should really make the ballpark feel more...well...like a ballpark.
              "Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand. "
              Leo Durocher
              US baseball manager (1906 - 1991)

Comment

• Originally posted by thewrong5 View Post
                .... should really make the ballpark feel more...well...like EVERY OTHER ballpark.
                Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X