Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In your opinion, what two MLB parks built after 1990 look the most similar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In your opinion, what two MLB parks built after 1990 look the most similar?

Just a point of discussion (and hopefully we can all keep it civil).

We all know that some of the 1960s-70s cookie cutter "concrete donuts" were very similar with one another. I would say that Riverfront Stadium and Three Rivers Stadium are probably the two most similar stadiums ever in MLB history. (If you don't believe me, go to Andrew Clem's ballpark page and check out the side by side feature.....it's scary: http://www.andrewclem.com/Baseball/Side-by-side.html )

Thankfully, the days of the concrete donut cookie cutters are all gone, and I don't think we'll see examples such as Riverfront/Three Rivers of stadiums looking nearly identical.

That said, one of the criticisms of the so called "new classics" is that they too have copied off one another. I think it would be in error to call these new era parks "cookie cutters", since they all seem to have some unique defining features that distinguish them from one another.

However, if forced to answer, what would you say are the two ballparks built in the 1990s onward that appear to have the most simularities between one another?

Out of the ones I have been to - Coors Field and Nationals Park. Both very nice btw....
    My blog - http://sandlotwisdom.blogspot.com/

Comment

Jacobs Field and Progressive Field.

Comment

I've been thinking about this and I would say PNC and Comerica are very similar. They both only have two seating decks. They both have an outfield that has a scenic backdrop of the city. The light towers are similar. And before the Tigers renovated their scoreboard, they were both very similar.

Comment

from the exterior only, I think Rangers Ballpark and Citizens Bank ballpark are similar due to the brick being the same color and the square-ish columns near the home plate entrance. The inside- no.

Comment

Exterior: Coors Field and Citi Field, both have that Ebbets Field thing goin' on . . . Interior: I'd say all from 1990 are fairly unique.
            Some's basturds, some's ain't, thats the score.

Comment

Safeco and Coors.
              The Ultimate Baseball Look

Modern Synthetic Baseball Fields

Comment

Camden Yards, Ballpark in Arlington and Citi Field are all the same...

Comment

I disagree with the OP saying that Riverfront and Three Rivers look alike. I don't think I've ever confused the two. The problem with baseball today, is that most of the ballparks look alike. Similar facades, all the seats are basically the same color. This is what happens when one firm has a monopoly on ballpark design. You've been to one park, you basically will have an idea what another park will be like and that's a shame.

Comment

CBP and Citi Field

Comment

As far as fact, the exteriors of Petco Park and Target Field are practically identical.

As far as opinion, Coors Field and Citi Field look identical to me.

Comment

Doesn't Busch 3 look like one of other brick stadiums?
                        The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Comment

CBP and Coors Field, especially the tall scoreboard in left field.
                          The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

Quick, which ballpark is this?

Screen-Shot-2015-02-16-at-8.30.57-PM.png

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom Dreamer View Post
                              Quick, which ballpark is this?

[ATTACH]152485[/ATTACH]
                              Ha Ha, this might be your best post!

I totally agree with your point.

But because of the crossing aisle i will guess The Oakland Coliseum.
                              Last edited by chip; 01-19-2016, 09:31 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X