Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you had a time machine, what no-longer existing Ballpark would go back to see?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you had a time machine, what no-longer existing Ballpark would go back to see?

If you had a time machine, what no-longer existing stadium would go back to see?
    Holding a pitcher accountable for how many runs his team scores is like holding the designated hitter accountable for how many runs his team allows.

An individual statistic is meaningful only if it is based strictly on what the player does and not on what the other players on his team do.

Contrary to what most baseball fans claim, a pitched ball which is hit into play is not a strike.

Comiskey Park
    "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

I would cheat and go into new york for the weekend and see 3 ballgames, sometime in the early 20's or 50's im sure.

Comment

Pg

Without a doubt it would be the Polo Grounds [4] Brush Stadium. I once had a dream that the Polo Grounds was rebuilt and I was walking thru the upper level seating level behind home plate.

Comment

I would probably go to Tiger Stadium in the late 60's early '70's. I always enjoy seeing photos of Tiger Stadium when it had green seats.

Comment

1.) Ebbets Field
            2.) Polo Grounds
            3.) Original 1923 Yankee Stadium

Comment

Ebbets Field
              Polo Grounds
              Tiger Stadium
              Shea Stadium (why not?)
              The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

Braves Field, KC Municipal, Wrigley Field(LA)
                Last edited by The Old Ballpark; 07-08-2012, 04:03 PM.

Comment

1923 Yankee Stadium
                  Polo Grounds
                  Ebbets Field

So many unique great places often imitated, never duplicated.

Comment

League Park

Comment

First choice: Polo Grounds
                      Second: Ebbets Field
                      Third: Comiskey Park

Dont know if one could count it, but seeing Elysian Field and the first professional ballgames ever would be awesome.

Comment

1. Maybe Yankee to see the original freeze (still not sure if they were green or cooper on the opening day)
                        2. The astrodome to see the luxury boxes
                        3. League Park
                        4. Braves field
                        5. The original Big A so I could see the original A scoreboard.
                        The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Comment

1) Polo Grounds 1922 right before the expansion.....I'd say 99% of people think of the PG after 1923
                          2) Ebbets Field in the 1940's when they drew 1.8 million fans and the whole borough was in love with them
                          3) Shibe Park

I visited Original Yankee Stadium, Fenway, Tiger, Comiskey (my fave), Wrigley, Milwaukee County and a few others

Comment

There's a bunch I'd like to see:

1. Ebbets Field in the late 40s- through mid-50s- I was a fan starting around 54-55, saw Ebbets on TV a number of times, but...
                            2. Probably Yankee Stadium, any time before the 60s
                            3. Polo Grounds no later than 54.
                            4. Sportsman's Park, 40s or 50s
                            5. Braves Field in the 30s
                            6. Comiskey Park in the 50s

Comment

All of them - I mean I have a time machine so why not use it to the max!
                              Alcohol
                              Tobacco
                              Firearms
                              should be a convenience store,
                              not a government agency

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X