stadium music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stadium music

hey everyone...i am a first time poster here and am trying to gather people's opinions on something.
    i will be in charge of the stadium music for the Mobile bayBears (AA for padres). my goal is to have a song to play right after the national anthem, while the baybears warm up to start off the game. i want to try to find an original song (NOT 'start me up' or 'lets get it started.' i want to play this song every night so people start to indentify that song with the Baybears...any thoughts
    thanks
    jezza1918

not touching this one with a 30ft pole

Comment

Originally posted by jezza1918
      hey everyone...i am a first time poster here and am trying to gather people's opinions on something.
      i will be in charge of the stadium music for the Mobile bayBears (AA for padres). my goal is to have a song to play right after the national anthem, while the baybears warm up to start off the game. i want to try to find an original song (NOT 'start me up' or 'lets get it started.' i want to play this song every night so people start to indentify that song with the Baybears...any thoughts
      thanks
      jezza1918
      "Sweet Maxine" by the Doobie Brothers. A GREAT classic rocker that isn't overplayed and is sure to get the blood moving at the ballpark.

However, I must say I'm not much of a fan of canned music at the ballpark, I think a live organist/keyboardist should be mandatory at every ballpark.
      Attached Files

Comment

I would suggest "Old Black Betty" from the Blow Soundtrack. The song can be easily downloaded from any music sharing program (kazaa, etc.)

Let me know what you think.

Comment

"Centerfield" by John Fogerty. The best baseball song ever.

Comment

Either Centerfield as mentioned before or Cheap Seats by Alabama (even though the lyrics say AAA, and you are AA).
            Stephen Blue
            Deltaville, Virginia
            [email protected]

GO BRAVES!!!

Comment

Jezza, I think first of all...it would be a good idea to figure out what type of folk attend the games. Not to sound like I'm labeling or anything...but if there are a certain type of people with similar taste/styles...then you can just take it from there after you have narrowed it down to a particular genre of music that would get the people jumping.

Comment

Originally posted by jezza1918
                thanks
                jezza1918
                green onions by booker t and the mg's. if you don't understand why, watch the sandlot.

Comment

Originally posted by tonjes
                  green onions by booker t and the mg's. if you don't understand why, watch the sandlot.
                  Greatest rock instrumental, ever, by the best session band, ever.
                  Black Betty is by Ram Jam, from an old Leadbelly tune.

How about Linus and Lucy, by Dave Grusin (?), better known as the Peanuts song?
                  Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
                  Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
                  Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
                  Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
                  Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Karnevil #9 from Emerson, Lake & Palmer is a good one..."Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends, we're so glad you could attend..."

But then I'm sure Mobile has a good local band that wouldn't mind recording a little something "Bear specific."

Comment

If that's Mobile Alabama, how about "Sweet Home Alabama"?
                      Mythical SF Chronicle scouting report: "That Jeff runs like a deer. Unfortunately, he also hits AND throws like one." I am Venus DeMilo - NO ARM! I can play like a big leaguer, I can field like Luzinski, run like Lombardi. The secret to managing is keeping the ones who hate you away from the undecided ones. I am a triumph of quantity over quality. I'm almost useful, every village needs an idiot.
                      Good traders: MadHatter(2), BoofBonser26, StormSurge

Comment

what was the name of that one song that had the line "put me in coach, i'm ready to play"? try that one if you can remember the name

Comment

Originally posted by mobile eggroll
                          what was the name of that one song that had the line "put me in coach, i'm ready to play"? try that one if you can remember the name
                          Centerfield, by John Fogerty of CCR fame.
                          Good song, but done and done and done.
                          Dave Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
                          Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
                          Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
                          Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
                          Robin Bill Ernie JEDI

Comment

Everybody Hurts by REM
                            "From reading some of your other posts your to much of a jerk, who thinks he's funny to debate on any thread. Just wanted to let you know what i and im sure others think of your mostly stupid posts..."

Comment

"Hair of the dog" by Nazerath, I don't think you could get away with it though.
                              Centerfield would be your best bet.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X