Ballpark Home Run Celebrations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ballpark Home Run Celebrations

Just wondering if we could get a quick list of the various home run celebrations at the different ballparks. I know a few, but I'm sure there are others.

From what I immediately know:

Marlins--Jumping fish homerun sculpture in left center
    Mets--Big Apple
    Phillies--Liberty Bell
    Astros--Train
    White Sox--Exploding Scoreboard
    Dodgers--Strobe lights along the roof edges

What other home run features are out there?

I think the Brewers have their mascot slide down into a mug of beer when a player hits a homerun.
    "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

The Marlins topless servers also jump up and down and jiggle their assets for the fans in the left field lounge after a dinger.

http://fishatbat.com/wp-content/images/B8qfpLnn.jpg
      I see great things in baseball. It's our game - the American game.
      - Walt Whitman

Comment

The Rangers shoot fireworks and play the music from "The Natural." They've done it so long that it seems old.
        Rockies fan living in Texas

Comment

Originally posted by jnakamura View Post
          The Marlins topless servers also jump up and down and jiggle their assets for the fans in the left field lounge after a dinger.

Wow I need to go to that park. I thought you were kidding around until I saw the link. How the hell don't they sell out every game.
          "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

Many years ago, every batter who hit a homer for the Reds in Cincy got a bouquet of roses when he got back to the dugout, courtesy of "The Baker".
            Nobody except the team owner knew who "The Baker" was and it was a mystery where the attendant with the roses came from, the beat writers would try to figure out where he was hiding and the guy would just seem to appear out of thin air.
            Last edited by Dude Paskert; 09-05-2012, 11:46 AM.
            "If I drink whiskey, I'll never get worms!" - Hack Wilson

Comment

The rays used to play their own made up song "feel the heat rays" it was kind of fitting for the time it was like a screechy sounding 80s band.

The full version, but they rarely play the whole thing for obvious reasons lol

Last edited by Chevy114; 09-05-2012, 05:14 PM.
              The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

Comment

Twins-- Minnie and Paul shaking hands

Comment

I see great things in baseball. It's our game - the American game.
                  - Walt Whitman

Comment

Originally posted by jnakamura View Post

We have a winner!!!
                    "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

Comment

The Reds shoot small fireworks/fire balls out of the smokestacks and then regular fireworks from outside the stadium by the river.

Cincinnati-Reds-Win-NL-Central.jpg

3771466176_fb9e1181b4.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by chicagowhitesox1173 View Post
                        I think the Brewers have their mascot slide down into a mug of beer when a player hits a homerun.
                        That would be Bernie Brewer:

Current at Miller Park
                        milwaukee-brewers.jpg

Previously at County Stadium
                        berniebb2.jpg
                        mjrbaseball

Now batting ... the center fielder ... number 7 ... Mickey ... Mantle ... number 7.  

Comment

Old Comiskey had the exploding scoreboard, not sure if the new park does. And the Braves used to have Chief Nokahoma. I think he came out of his tepee and did a dance.
                          Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen,and welcome to Yankee Stadium. Here are the lineups for todays game...

Comment

In addition to Bernie Brewer coming down the slide, the Brewers also shoot fireworks over the field from above the centerfield scoreboard.
                            Originally posted by chicagowhitesox1173 View Post

Comment

Originally posted by The Monument View Post
                              Old Comiskey had the exploding scoreboard, not sure if the new park does. And the Braves used to have Chief Nokahoma. I think he came out of his tepee and did a dance.
                              Yes, the New Comiskey (US Cellular) does have the exploding scoreboard and the fireworks to go with it.

The Braves used to have fireworks shooting out of the Coca Cola Bottles above the left field grandstand, but I'm not sure if they still do that.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X