Hillsboro Ballpark - Hillsboro, OR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hillsboro Ballpark - Hillsboro, OR

1st pitch at the new Hillsboro Hops' new ballpark and its great synthetic field!

BNAhbGJCMAE0tVv.jpg
    https://twitter.com/baseballparks
    The Ultimate Baseball Look

Modern Synthetic Baseball Fields

View from the outside

BM_z-AhCAAEB44q.jpg

Comment

Nice little park, looks like a lot of other minor league parks in the last 20 years. Where is Hillsboro and are the Hops a Minor League team or in an independant league?
      Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen,and welcome to Yankee Stadium. Here are the lineups for todays game...

Comment

view from the concourse of an adjacent football stadium, the infield 'dirt' looks so vibrant. Very good looking field.

BNAzNGkCIAI3GZM.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by The Monument View Post
          Nice little park, looks like a lot of other minor league parks in the last 20 years. Where is Hillsboro and are the Hops a Minor League team or in an independant league?
          Hillsboro is in Oregon and the Hops are a D-Backs affiliate.

Comment

Night Falls on Hillsboro

BNBDouDCAAMYXIU.jpg

Comment

Just got back from the ballpark. All I can say is, "Wow!". The place is beautiful and a huge step up in fan friendliness from PGE Park, which was the minor league equivalent of Cleveland Stadium.

First impressions and grades:

Seating: B+
              Capacity is perfect: 3,500 seats and another 1,000 for the grass berm and standing room. But the seats down the lines are not angled and no cupholders. ?? Only 14 rows, so even standing on the concourse you feel like you're right on top of the action. Also, there are various "drink rails" scattered about at the top of the sections. We watched the 1st inning behind home plate from the front of the concourse before moving to our seats behind 3B.

Concourses: A
              This is where this ballpark really shines. Except right behind home plate, you have a wide-open view of the game no matter where you are. The place was packed full tonight and the concourse flow was never cramped. The 3B concourse is very wide and has a lot of picnic tables--perfect for pre-game gathering and eating.

Concessions: A and D-
              A for variety of food and beer, prices, number of locations and quality. D- for service. I hoping they just have some bugs to work out, but the lines were excruciatingly slow. There were only 4 people ahead of us in line and it still took 20 minutes to get to the window and order....then my friend had to wait another 10 minutes for her burger to be cooked. ?? Later my other friend went for a hot dog for herself and me...35 minutes later she got back with the food. She said they ran out of dogs...then they ran out of buns. When she got back I said, "Where's the napkins?" She said, "They ran out of those too!" Anyway the food was good and the Bridgeport IPAs were really good.

Scoreboard: B+ and F
              B+ for the board itself. The video screen is about the size of the 1st generation of MLB DiamondVisions...small by current MLB standards...outstanding for low A standards. It's crystal clear but not HD.
              F for the complete lack of info on the board. All they showed was the players name and photo, height, weight and birthplace....all...game...long. I expect as the game goes on for at least the players in-game stats...you know, 2 FOR 3: SINGLE, DOUBLE, RUN SCORED....nothing. Again, I hope they're just still working out the kinks. I think the lack of in-game stats bugged me more than anything.

PA announcer: A
              I'm a PA snob. I hate screaming homers or people who's voice was obviously never meant to be behind the microphone. This guy is good--really good. Crystal clear baritone voice and just the right amount of excitement without even a hint of overdoing it.

Dimensions: A
              325 down each line, 400 to center, 375 to the alleys, 415 to the LCF scoreboard and 400 to deep RCF.

I'm sure I'll have more to say soon
              Attached Files
              I see great things in baseball. It's our game - the American game.
              - Walt Whitman

Comment

Some more pics
                Attached Files
                - Walt Whitman

Comment

Scoreboard good. Scoreboard operator...not so much. Pitch clock never got working....At least tonight. More stats please!!
                  Attached Files
                  - Walt Whitman

Comment

A Rainbow on Opening Night. Only thing missing was a pitch clock and the 'Ultimate Baseball Look'.

BNBIGv7CAAAtJVv.jpg
                    https://twitter.com/kptv

Comment

Originally posted by The Monument View Post
                      Where is Hillsboro?
                      Suburb of Portland.
                      - Walt Whitman

Comment

More from Opening night
                        Attached Files
                        - Walt Whitman

Comment

More from Opening night
                          Attached Files
                          - Walt Whitman

Comment

"Field Reserved" benches ($11) and the Family berm GA ($7).
                            Attached Files
                            - Walt Whitman

Comment

Not the most comfy, but the best I could score for opening day....at least they had backs.
                              Attached Files
                              - Walt Whitman

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X