Comerica Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comerica Park

Well, here are a couple from this weekend's trip. If it makes you feel better, Donald, you don't have to look.

These are the statues in left field, and their (retired) numbers beneath.
    Attached Files
    "Someone asked me if I took steroids. I said, 'No. I had a contract with Wheaties.'"
    --Bob Feller

This is the statue of Willie Horton (these are from behind)
    Attached Files
    "Someone asked me if I took steroids. I said, 'No. I had a contract with Wheaties.'"
    --Bob Feller

Comment

The legend beneath the Horton statue reads thusly:
      Attached Files
      --Bob Feller

Comment

statue of Cobb sliding:

(behind him are Greenberg, Gehringer and Newhouser pitching, and Kaline's glove in the air)
        Attached Files
        Last edited by 2Chance; 06-27-2006, 05:11 AM.
        --Bob Feller

Comment

and the legend beneath Cobb says:
          Attached Files
          --Bob Feller

Comment

It got more and more difficult to get pictures down that row, but here's one of Gehringer, Newhouser kicking and ready to fire in the background, and a shameless GM display including a Tahoe. General Motors erected a fountain in center field that sprays for hometown home runs, and has their name in huge blue letters. (Right)
            Attached Files
            Last edited by 2Chance; 06-27-2006, 05:17 AM.
            --Bob Feller

Comment

Greenberg's Legend, but no statue pic this year
              Attached Files
              --Bob Feller

Comment

In the concourse, they have displays of each decade and some other items of interest. This is Ty Cobb's bat and uniform.

Louisville Slugger began making bats in 1884. In 1905, Pittsburgh Pirate great Honus Wagner became the first player whose signature appeared on a Louisville Slugger bat followed by Napoleon Lajoie of the Cleveland Indians, and Ty Cobb from Detroit. Since then over 7,700 signatures have appeared on Louisville Sluggers and over 70 percent of players today use them. Like current major leaguers, Cobb’s contract with the bat company gave him free bats for his endorsement. With a league-leading lifetime batting average of .367, Cobb is Louisville Slugger’s greatest slugger.
                Attached Files
                --Bob Feller

Comment

Here's that infamous monster-sized scoreboard in left field
                  Attached Files
                  --Bob Feller

Comment

I obviously like Tiger Stadium and want it to stay up, but I believe that Comerica Park has cool features of its own. Sure, it's not perfect, but it has something to offer on the table. It's not a "toilet bowl" by any means. Good pics.
                    My Top 4 funniest BBF posts ever:

1) "plZ dOn;t' pOsT LikE tHIs n e mOr!"

2) "The teams play 1962 games in 180 days."

3) "Stadiums don't move silly, people do."

4) "Once again you quibble, because it is I who speaks."

5) Almost anything RuthMayBond says...

Comment

can i add a few pics?

in 1974(?) my dad saw his last pro baseball game. it was "at the corner"...

in 1984 i saw my last Tiger game. the AL East Penant game against the Milwaukee Brewers (who LOST)...

i saw a Giants game at the 'stick in '89(?) when i was in Cali in the Air Force...

i convinced my dad to go to the new 'old ballyard' for a game on Memorial Day. while we saw the Yankees beat the Tigers, we had a good time. i was afraid of what i had seen in the paper back when the new stadium was being built. LOONG flat seating, a far far way from the field. the more upright stadiums were by far the better design for watching the game (not for riding a carousel or a ferris wheel!) but the CoPa actually was a good looking place...

here are a few pics i took that day...

i bought 'best available' on the Tigers (MLB) website and got 1st baseline side Club Seats. these are right on the face of the upper deck. we were in the 3rd row (last of the lower 3) and based on the pictures, i would say we had a good view of things...

david

ps i registered JUST SO i could comment on the CoPa, and to say I LOVE BRIGGS (oops! i mean TIGER) STADIUM

Comment

Detroit Tigers.

Comment

Comerica is obviously no Tigers Stadium, but it does look pretty sweet and i want attened a game there someday
                          Cubs: World Champs 2007?

Comment

comerica park

Originally posted by ivylover
                            Comerica is obviously no Tigers Stadium, but it does look pretty sweet and i want attened a game there someday
                            You can go to the comerica park i will not be going to it until the day that the wrecking ball comes to tear comerica park down.
                            LONG LIVE THE POLO GROUNDS 1891-1964
                            http://groups.yahoo.com/group/POLOGROUNDS1962

Comment

Welcome to the Fever, Lt. Dave!

Can you post some pictures? I'll say! And those are nice! I was just hoping to get the ball rolling. Hopefully other threads will pop up and we can see other "non-stock" ballpark pictures in this forum too.
                              --Bob Feller

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X