I'm talking wiffle and arm pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm talking wiffle and arm pain

I like to play wiffleball with my sister and after about 20 pitches my arm gets sore, is this common? When I throw a regular baseball i can throw about 25 pitches and my arm gets tired. Should I get this checked by a doctor? Is there any exercises I can do to prevent this? TYVM

Sounds like you need to begin a bit of a stamina building throwing program.
    I'm a Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech and a Hell of an Engineer!

Comment

umm, yea, if u can only throw 25 pitches, ur not goin tooo far, id say lift weights and run a lot or else u wont be throwin much past high school

Comment

I hate digging this up, but I also played wiffleball all day today and now my shoulder and my elbow are hurting- I pitched all day long, not only 20 pitches or so, using all kinds of arm angles. Great fun, though.

Comment

Originally posted by anjo25 View Post
          I hate digging this up, but I also played wiffleball all day today and now my shoulder and my elbow are hurting- I pitched all day long, not only 20 pitches or so, using all kinds of arm angles. Great fun, though.
          wiffle ball or regular ball you are doing something wrong..i pitched my kid 200 pickle balls yesterday and not 1 bit of arm pain..

Comment

I dont have any pain throwing or pitching a regular ball for quite some time (I dont sidearm on a regular ball). I guess its from pitching the wiffleball sidearm. My arm is actually doing a lot better now- Was the pain anything serious?

Comment

It's very common. It's due to the weight of the wiffle ball and the arm speed/mechanical differences than a regulation baseball.

It's tough to get around and most likely will always happen when you play. Any time you use an object 15% more heavier or lighter than your regular weighted object your mechanics will change. It can also happen at less differences.
              Last edited by Jon Doyle; 10-10-2007, 05:57 AM.
              www.BaseballTrainingSecrets.com

Comment

Why is getting hurt playing whiffle such a common malady now when I never heard of anyone hurting themsleves playing whiffle ball as a kid? And we played every day.
                Last edited by TG Coach; 10-10-2007, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Doyle View Post
                  It's very common. It's due to the weight of the wiffle ball and the arm speed/mechanical differences than a regulation baseball.

It's tough to get around and most likely will always happen when you play. Any time you use an object 15% more heavier or lighter than your regular weighted object your mechanics will change. It can also happen at less differences.
                  Where I played fps the official ball was Triple Crown, who had a cheaper version which was overweight culls with a different model#. The supplier would gradually during season slip in more of the overweight culls. Weighed/ compared the legal and overweight models on electronic lab scales at Amoco Research and the culls were 1/2 to 3/4 ounce overweight (about 10% ?). And it broke down far more readily than up.

Fastpitch delivery is; "wrist below hip and forearm parallel with body". The ball weighs 6.25 to 7 oz. With a legal delivery nobody gets a sore arm: I went 21 innings twice and 14 several times without soreness and pitched the next day. It's a user-friendly delivery.

Werth balls weighed closer to 6.25 oz, the label on the cover rubbed-off nicely and they were easily slipped into a game. Huge fastball-sinkerball gorilla who normally grunted at his 100% release would cry out as the Werth model bit him. (but they worked fine with my risers.) I guess the main message here is just don't throw the wiffles all-out. Even throwing FP underhand there's a shock when switching weights, especially going lighter. The smart money is Never to give Any ball 100%.
                  Last edited by virg; 10-10-2007, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TG Coach View Post
                    Why is getting hurt playing whiffle such a common maldy now when I never heard of anyone hurting themsleves playing whiffle ball as a kid? And we played every day.
                    It's because we are now so concerned about any little pains now... look at all of the pain killers. They are not good for you in the sense that they only mask the pain. Back in you time (no Ideao when exactly that was), but you guys as kids would just go out and play right? Our generation/ era is so stupid in that sense. They are too overly protective. I would also assume that when you were a kid, at a young age you were aloid outside by yourself (maybe with friends), but now alot of people my age, can't even be out that much by themselves... its stupid!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X