The batting thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The batting thread.

I created this thread so people can share there thoughts, ideas, ands tips on great batting. Feel free to name any certain types of bats that you like the best. Thanks for reading this thread and thanks for posting!!!

TIGERFAN84 :gt

when it comes to metal bats it is all about the omaha series.

Comment

Question... do you believe that batting coaches should encourage hitters to pursue the exact same technique, as a certain highly visible ad for a video series has promoted?

Or, should hitters be free to their own devices and quirks?

There are countless examples of either train of thought here, so I really have no idea.
      Catfish Hunter, RIP. Mark Fidrych, RIP. Skip Caray, RIP. Tony Gwynn, #19, RIP

A fanatic is someone who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. -- Winston Churchill. (Please take note that I've recently become aware of how this quote applies to a certain US president. This is a coincidence, and the quote was first added to this signature too far back to remember when).

Experience is the hardest teacher. She gives the test first and the lesson later. -- Dan Quisenberry.

Comment

Originally posted by abolishthedh
        Question... do you believe that batting coaches should encourage hitters to pursue the exact same technique, as a certain highly visible ad for a video series has promoted?

Or, should hitters be free to their own devices and quirks?

There are countless examples of either train of thought here, so I really have no idea.
        I think that each hitter is different. Some people like hitting with an open stance, some just like it normal (as in, not open or closed), and some like hitting closed. You should have a hitter experiment and have him tell you what he is MOST COMFORTABLE with.

I think this thread should be like the "THE Pitching Thread" and what I mean by that is, anyone who has any hitting questions (and has already looked on the website and still haven't found good answers) should come here and ask for help.

I know TigerFan mentioned to share thoughts on great hitting.. I think that when your about to stand in the batter's box you should know what the pitcher has got (and if your the lead off person to work the pitcher, unless you get a very nice pitch the very first pitch, then swing away). You should know what the situation is, is the defense playing back (can you drop down a bunt?) or if they aren't. If your having troubles hitting the ball far. Fake bunt the first pitch, draw the infield in, then hit the ball.

I know in another post I posted some things on what should be going through the batter's head and what not... so yeah
        While I do prefer to interact with people in a gentle manner... I'm also not at all opposed to establishing my dominance in a reign of terror.

Comment

i got a Q... what am i doing wrong? my coaches say i have good mechanics, i always hit the ball on the fat part, but something is wrong... I CAN'T HIT THE DANG BALL OUT OF THE INFIELD!!! maybe once every 2 games i will powerhouse 1 out there. someone please tell me how to hit the ball consistently out of the infield and maintain a high average.

Comment

Okay, can you tell me a few things first?
            What league do you play in (IE. 13 and under)
            What do you bat (left handed or right handed)
            When you hit and they go in the infield, what part do they go in? (Hard line drive to third base, soft grounder to third base? Soft grounder to the pitcher?)
            And when you hit them in the outfield where do they go? (blooper to RF? line drive to left field?)
            While I do prefer to interact with people in a gentle manner... I'm also not at all opposed to establishing my dominance in a reign of terror.

Comment

i play in 13-year od leagues.

bat right handed.

hit hard grounders to the right side of the infield to second base. hit weak line drives to third base( not pulling the outside pitch hitting the skinny part of the bat) and when i hit them in the outfield i kill it.( killing it as it 2 more feet and its over the fence)

Comment

this was happening to me in legion ball, i choked up on the bat and then i started hitting homeruns and doubles and triples to the gaps, try that and let us know if it helps

Comment

Originally posted by BaseballBum12
                  i play in 13-year od leagues.

bat right handed.

hit hard grounders to the right side of the infield to second base. hit weak line drives to third base( not pulling the outside pitch hitting the skinny part of the bat) and when i hit them in the outfield i kill it.( killing it as it 2 more feet and its over the fence)
                  Alright, when you hit hard grounders to the right side of the infield to second base, thats good, but perhaps your hitting ontop of the ball just a little bit (which would induce a ground ball). Hitting weak line drives to third would either mean your pulling the outside pitch or not getting your bat around quick enough on the inside pitch. That can be a timing problem. So you can go to the batting cages and crowd the plate and work on getting the fat part of the bat on the inside pitch.
                  And you say when you get ahold of one you hit it pretty good, so you just need to work on the consistency. I'd say hit off the tee, practice replicating the same swing and things should get better.

Hope dis helps

Comment

so if i'm on top of the ball, what should i do to get the ball in the air.

Comment

Well you want to hit line drives. A lot of kids try and hit it in the outfield, try and swing for the fences, and they hit a mile high pop up. Just go for the line drives. Set up a tee and swing away, you'll know when you hit a line drive and when you don't

Comment

I have a question.

What exactly is a batting tee and how much do they usually cost? :noidea

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan84
                          What exactly is a batting tee and how much do they usually cost? :noidea

No offense but what are you like 3 or something? lol :P Anyways... this is what a batting tee looks like

and if that don't work hopefully the link will http://re2.mm-b1.yimg.com/image/703285360

And... you could just go to yahoo go to images and type batting tee, and I'd say go to your local Sports Mart or whatever and find out how much a batting tee costs.. I have no idea, maybe like 10-20 dollars? Almost as much for a gallon of gas

Comment

LOL! Nice One X

Yeah, for one gallon! :grouchy Anyway thanks. I just wasn't sure what it was.

Comment

Originally posted by wilbur775
                              when it comes to metal bats it is all about the omaha series.

Yah that's what I'm saying I have the 2006 Omaha Big Barrel!
                              Rest in Peace Jose Fernandez (1992-2016)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X