Nokona Gloves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nokona Gloves

Does anyone have any opinions on Nokona gloves? I'm specifically interested in the Buffalo leather. I like a stiff glove, so I'm wondering if the buffalo leather will hold its shape over a full season?

Thanks in advance.

i like the quality of the gloves bud for infield i feel their kinda heavy
    Born True Blue

Comment

Originally posted by ElCaminoSS
      i like the quality of the gloves bud for infield i feel their kinda heavy
      Oh yeah? I'm gonna poop on y'all!

Comment

Errr, I don't understand how poop became a part of the conversation, but whatever.

Back to Nokona gloves. A local shop had a Kangaroo glove. I have to admit, I didn't like it, it was kind of "floppy". If you like a glove that feels broken-in, you'll probably love it. I like a stiffer glove. Maybe Nokona's Walnut leather is better? From the Nokona web-site it looks like the Walnut is not oil-treated. Anyone have any information on the Walnut leather?

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan84
          Oh yeah? I'm gonna poop on y'all!
          Did I miss something?
          Born True Blue

Comment

and why was I quoted in that stupid post?
            Born True Blue

Comment

well...........

and why was I quoted in that stupid post?
              Well, allow me to explain. Nokona sounds Japanese to me. Since baseball is the American past time, I am discouraged to see players using foreign gloves.

Comment

THEY ARE AN AMERICAN COMPANY, MADE IN AMERICA!!!!! God how can you be so ignorant.
                Born True Blue

Comment

Im pretty sure they are the only ones still made in America, please do a little researchbefore you just throw out stuff like that.
                  Last edited by ElCaminoSS; 10-30-2005, 05:46 PM.
                  Born True Blue

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan84
                    Well, allow me to explain. Nokona sounds Japanese to me. Since baseball is the American past time, I am discouraged to see players using foreign gloves.
                    And how does this give you an excuse to say youll defecate on me, If you dont stop this soon someone may report you to the commisioner
                    Born True Blue

Comment

Like I said earlier...Unanimously hated by the entire population
                      "I feel like I'm the luckiest man on the face of the planet, I might have had a bad break or two but I have an awful lot to live for, thank you."
                      -Lou Gehrig

"You can learn little from victory. You can learn everything from defeat."
                      - Christy Matthewson

Comment

I used Wilson's growing up and swore I'd never change. Then when I got to college, a teamate of mine had a Nokona and I loved it. My last two gloves have been Nakona's and I don't plan on ever buying another brand.
                        (Of course I'm a pitcher and my glove was never as important to me as it would be to say a shortstop.)
                        "It's fun, that's what it is, it's fun. Baseball is more fun than anything else. You can watch it and just love it and enjoy it. I don't think that there's anything tremendously philosophical about it. I don't think there's anything metaphysical I just think its so much fun to watch." - Robert Creamer

Comment

ElCaminoSS is correct, I know of no other glove manufacturer that still makes their gloves in the United States, except Nokona. They've been making the gloves in Nocona Texas since the 1930's. That dedication to keeping their workface in the United States, in the face of globalization, is why I am so interested in buying one of their gloves. That and because they appear to be high-quality gloves.

Of course if their gloves are no good, I don't care where they make them. But from everything I've read, their gloves look to be very high-quality. If I do buy a Nokona, I'll give everyone my honest opinion about it.

Comment

can someone tell him to not steal my avatar
                            Born True Blue

Comment

And how does this give you an excuse to say youll defecate on me, If you dont stop this soon someone may report you to the commisioner
                              Yes, I know they are American made. But they are probably made by a Japanese company.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X