Mattingly V-Grip Bat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mattingly V-Grip Bat?

Has anyone purchased the Mattingly V-Grip bat? I caught some of the footage on the YES network. Any feedback would be welcomed.

Go Yanks!

From Coach

Hmmm Went to Mattingly's site. Didn't see the V grip. Do you have a site I can check out?
    "He who dares to teach, must never cease to learn."
    - John Cotton Dana (1856–1929) - Offered to many by L. Olson - Iowa (Teacher)
    Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting.

Comment

Mattingly Baseball Website

Here is the link to the Mattingly Baseball website.

http://www.mattinglybaseball.com/

Interesting concept to get the bat out of the hands of the hitter.

Go Yanks!

Comment

From Coach

Interesting concept, although I have no opinion. We use metal bats and I have really lost touch with wood bat technology. I find it interesting that they are trying to patent a wood bat.
        "He who dares to teach, must never cease to learn."
        - John Cotton Dana (1856–1929) - Offered to many by L. Olson - Iowa (Teacher)
        Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting.

Comment

Got the bat

Handle forces the bat out of the palm of the hand. We purchased the heavy hickory for tee work and ash for cage work. I will report back later.

Go Yanks!

Comment

Metal Bats Too

The Mattingly V-Grip technology does apply to metal bats too...its amazing how comfortable and natural it feels in your grip

Comment

I have trained with one and it fells pretty good.
              "He studied hitting like a broker studies the stock market, how a scribe studies the scriptures" - Carl Yastrzemski on Ted Williams

"The greatest clutch hitter in Red Sox history has done it again! Big Papi!" - Don Orsillo's call of Ortiz's walk-off single

Comment

i read about a college team that demo'd the bat the whole season and they were vrey happy with it. power numbers went up. which doenst mean much but the players liekd it. one thing is though, with the metal v-grip there is only one way to properly hold the bat, which means you cant rotate it after each swing. which is ideal for the life of a metal bat. but i hear great things about them a buddy of mine uses them to train highschool and young athletes. its a great idea.

Comment

it is the palm down / palm up concept. It would imply that grips at launch are the grips at contact. I would doubt that is a universal concept.

The feathered top hand ( spaced index finger and middle finger of Pujols) allows grip changes going form cocking of the hands to contact.

i.e. moving of the top hand on the bat as the elbow slots

Comment

Steele's had a line of SP softball bats over 15 years ago that had a grip technology that was vaguely similar, to my remembrance. Handles basically had an oval cross-section, I think...I didn't like the feel, and they were gone after a couple of years. "Grip Of Steele" was the name, if memory serves me well. The cross-section was not as precisely designed as with the Mattingly bats.
                    About the same time, another company had a line of softball bats with a lot of weight in the handle and a normally weighted barrel. I teammate tried to trade one for my red and green Easton (S10???), but I didn't like the thing, either. Those faded away in a few years, too.
                    "I throw him four wide ones, then try to pick him off first base." - Preacher Roe on pitching to Musial

Comment

I think it would get kinda annoying after a while
                      Lets Play Two!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X