Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are batting gloves useful?

Are batting gloves useless.
    When batting, extremely useless, running on the bases: VERY USEFUL!
    Yup, the pros do it, why can't I?
    73.33%
    Nope, incredulously useless
    20.00%
    Other answer
    6.67%

The poll is expired.

Cristobal

Originally posted by wilkerson_rulz
    Are batting gloves useless.
    When batting, extremely useless, running on the bases: VERY USEFUL!
    IMO (Franklin) batting gloves are useful. With them I have a better grip on my bat.

Comment

Did you ever try hitting a very fastly pitched baseball with an untaped wooden bat without gloves?

Comment

Hitting is about comfort. Some hitters prefer them, some don't.

I'll throw my vote in for Mizuno Especially the old school neon green that Rickey used to wear.

Comment

If I don't use batting gloves, my hands get blistered and bloody in no time. The gloves will, at least, help delay this.
          Gloves also help with my grip, but some are less useful than others...for me, Nikes are almost no help at all. Franklins are OK, Neumanns were the best.
          Pine tar is what the old timers used for grip, and it works, but who wants to walk around with that stuff on their hands for days? It doesn't really wash off, just has to wear off over time.
          "I throw him four wide ones, then try to pick him off first base." - Preacher Roe on pitching to Musial

Comment

^^^^ Same here.

Why don't you just put yes or no as the options for your poll and let us explain why. Pro's using gloves has nothing to with why I use them.
            "I think about baseball when I wake up in the morning. I think about it all day and I dream about it at night. The only time I don't think about it is when I'm playing it."
            Carl Yastrzemski

Comment

Originally posted by runningshoes53
              ^^^^ Same here.

Why don't you just put yes or no as the options for your poll and let us explain why. Pro's using gloves has nothing to with why I use them.
              It's just a phrase line. I just put it to emphasise Yes.
              Why do I keep getting these questions?
              Cristobal

Comment

Our spring little league games are often played in 35 degree temperatures with snow and wind added for discomfort. The players needed batting gloves due to the cold and to reduce the sting from their bats.
                "He's tougher than a railroad sandwich."
                "You'se Got The Eye Of An Eagle."

Comment

as someone mentioned above, the only good thing with batting gloves is that I don't get pine tar on my hands.
                  Gone but never to be forgotten
                  Montreal Expos 1969-2004.

"I don't even try to fool anybody. I just throw the knuckleball 85 to 90 percent of the time. You don't need variations, because the damn ball jumps around so crazily, it's like having a hundred pitches." --- Hoyt Wilhelm

Comment

I Don't Like Em, but they are necessary

I don't like them, but they are pretty much necessary when using wooden bats. I dont think they help grip that much, but they protect your hands from sting on both metal and wood bats. On wood bats they keep your hands from getting blistered up and give you some padding so your hands dont get bruised up.

I dont know how Vlad does it, but when i hit w/ a wooden bat for a week straight or so, my hands get bruised up.
                    Riding Revel8

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X