side-armed change-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• side-armed change-up

Does anybody have a good grip for a side-armed change? I don't throw completely side-armed, it is more of an in between action. But every time I try to throw a change the way I threw it over the top it goes to the left (I'm a righty). Any ideas? I tried the palmball and it worked, but I really don't like losing that much speed.

The circle change is a good compromise that should leave you some speed and will probably sink for you. A notch up the speed ladder is what affectionately is called the "Vulcan Splitter". It's a pitch still held out on the fingers, but you throw it by spreading your middle and ring finger slightly, like Mr. Spock's "live long and prosper" greeting from Star Trek (hence the name).
    sigpicIt's not whether you fall -- everyone does -- but how you come out of the fall that counts.

Comment

Originally posted by Ursa Major
      The circle change is a good compromise that should leave you some speed and will probably sink for you. A notch up the speed ladder is what affectionately is called the "Vulcan Splitter". It's a pitch still held out on the fingers, but you throw it by spreading your middle and ring finger slightly, like Mr. Spock's "live long and prosper" greeting from Star Trek (hence the name).
      Hmm sounds like a cool pitch. Thanks for replying.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X