Steve Englishbey DVD's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Englishbey DVD's

I understand Steve Englishbey has some new DVD's on hitting. I've heard good things about him and have exchanged emails with him, but have not yet had a chance to call him.

Has anyone seen the DVD's and can you give your opinion on them? I'm wondering what topics are covered on the DVD and any other relevant information you can offer?

Originally posted by pgibbons
    I understand Steve Englishbey has some new DVD's on hitting. I've heard good things about him and have exchanged emails with him, but have not yet had a chance to call him.

Has anyone seen the DVD's and can you give your opinion on them? I'm wondering what topics are covered on the DVD and any other relevant information you can offer?

I have not seen his DVD's but I've had lengthy conversations about hitting with him and he absolutely knows his stuff.

Comment

Best DVD on hitting I've come across

Topics covered:

DVD 1: posture, connection, rotation
      DVD 2: advanced pelvic loading, rotation, momentum shift, etc

Very clear explanations and lots of drills.

Be aware it is not a professionally produced effort - just Steve in a park discussing & demonstrating hitting. So you'll hear birds & trains and other background noises. Which doesn't cause any problems with the information being disseminated, but it might bother someone who considers glitz and gloss as important as quality information.

Another forum thread discussing it (starts out about it and then digresses into various tangents):

Steve Englishbey eteamz fastpitch thread
      Last edited by hit-it-hard; 01-20-2006, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Does he have a web-site or someplace online that has detail/description of his DVD's? I'd be interested as I've heard good things about him and if I understand he's in the same area that I am.

Comment

No website (yet).

If your profile is correct, he is based in your area.

Contact him via email ([email protected]) for more details. He frequently travels to work with groups and during those times, email response may be slow.

john
          Last edited by hit-it-hard; 01-20-2006, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Where can we get them?

OK, it sounds great. I have learned lots already in the short time I have been on this board...bat at a 90% angle to the spine thorughout the swing? that's news to me! THANKS!

So where do we get our hands on these DVDs?

Comment

email him

Originally posted by tominct
              Its my understanding that you have to email him at the address above. Send him your email and telephone #.

Comment

Originally posted by hit-it-hard
                No website (yet).

If your profile is correct, he is based in your area.

Contact him via email ([email protected]) for more details. He frequently travels to work with groups and during those times, email response may be slow.

john
                Thanks for the info, I've e-mailed him and now will wait. If he is in Houston, I'm only about a 15 minute drive from downtown.

Comment

Originally posted by pgibbons
                  I understand Steve Englishbey has some new DVD's on hitting.
                  Pete, where can I get info on the above??? I Googled it and didn't find the DVD's.
                  "He who dares to teach, must never cease to learn."
                  - John Cotton Dana (1856–1929) - Offered to many by L. Olson - Iowa (Teacher)
                  Please read Baseball Fever Policy and Forum FAQ before posting.

Comment

Steve's nowhere near that slick to have a web site. Email him and get his phone number, and hopefully you'll reach him when you call. I left a message last week while he was traveling and still am waiting to hear back. What is it about being a hitting guru that makes it impossible to have a money-grubbing gene?
                    sigpicIt's not whether you fall -- everyone does -- but how you come out of the fall that counts.

Comment

Originally posted by tominct
                      OK, it sounds great. I have learned lots already in the short time I have been on this board...bat at a 90% angle to the spine thorughout the swing? that's news to me! THANKS!

WOW...now you'll see that other stuff you were believing is wrong.

Bat perpendicular to the spine is the only place for efficient transfer.

Now, keep it there, and adjust to pitch location by adjusting the spine.......not the arms.

Comment

Well, I got a call back from Englishbey today, and everything great I've heard about the guy is dead on. We ended up talking for an hour and 26 minutes and he never once tried to "pitch" the DVD. He was more concerned that it was right for our needs than anything else; it was almost like he didn't want to take someone's money for it who wasn't ready to take advantage of it. He reminds me of a dog breeder who won't sell you a dog if you can't prove you can care for it. And, he seems committed to personally following up so you can ask questions. Sounds like a heckuva deal to me.
                        sigpicIt's not whether you fall -- everyone does -- but how you come out of the fall that counts.

Comment

ursa how much was the heckuva deal?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X